[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

StarCrusher96

Thx StarCrusher for making this awesome mod. I hope you can see this trough till 1.0 :)

If anyone is using RemoteTech + it's ContractPack I reworked it to work with KSS. Right now it's just the basic contracts for the Kerbol System, but maybe I'll add some new contracts later for the asteroids and outposts in the other systems.

If anyone's interested you can download it here (all credit goes to jrossignol the original creator)

3 hours ago, Herbiems89 said:

Thx StarCrusher for making this awesome mod. I hope you can see this trough till 1.0 :)

If anyone is using RemoteTech + it's ContractPack I reworked it to work with KSS. Right now it's just the basic contracts for the Kerbol System, but maybe I'll add some new contracts later for the asteroids and outposts in the other systems.

If anyone's interested you can download it here (all credit goes to jrossignol the original creator)

Many thanks. If possible, could you have a look at tourism plus pack as well? It works mostly but for some strange requirements like orbiting theAll.

7 hours ago, Mine_Turtle said:

Many thanks. If possible, could you have a look at tourism plus pack as well? It works mostly but for some strange requirements like orbiting theAll.

I'll have a look at it this evening. Probably shouldnt be too compliacted I guess it's using the Sun() function which gives back the main sun which now is the All.

20 hours ago, Mine_Turtle said:

https://github.com/herbiems89/ContractPack-Tourism/tree/KSS

I don't really have time to test it right now, please give it a go and tell me if it works now. I only found two contracts that needed fixing, one called "Gas Giant Tourism" and "Investor tour", I hope those were the ones you had problems with. If anything broke or other contracts don't work let me know and give me some specifics and I'll have a look :)

BTW: How do i get rid of this stupid "content needs moderator approvement" stuff?

Edited by Herbiems89

5 hours ago, Herbiems89 said:

BTW: How do i get rid of this stupid "content needs moderator approvement" stuff?

I had that issue when I started using the forums. Eventually it just went away. It could have something to do with reputation (how many likes you have), but I'm not entirely sure :P

1 minute ago, TimberWolffe said:

What dependencies does this mod have? I need more aspirations than "visit the sad pathetic planets at the far reaches of the kerbol system"

Like all planet packs, KSS requires Kopernicus.

Also KSS includes way more solar systems than just the Kerbol System, and more than 70 beautifully crafted worlds, so I don't think you'll have a hard time finding aspiration. :P

7 minutes ago, Greatness101 said:

Like all planet packs, KSS requires Kopernicus.

Also KSS includes way more solar systems than just the Kerbol System, and more than 70 beautifully crafted worlds, so I don't think you'll have a hard time finding aspiration. :P

cheers my dude

54 minutes ago, The-Doctor said:

I must say, congratulations on the work, it looks beautiful. You really worked hard on this.

I can't express how much I love KSS. Just wait till @StarCrusher96 released KSS 2.0!! Already, one could say that this is the best planet pack mod in a room full of KSP players and have that idea unchallenged. I can't wait for the new objects and restored features that are coming out!

So, multiple good things to report!

The game is much more interesting and difficult now. Duna landings don't simply consist of a ton of parachutes - the atmosphere is a bit near the surface. You have to plan carefully - do you ship a huge heat shield to slow down in Duna's atmosphere, or do long and tedious aerobrakes close to the surface, which provides incredible scenery?

The inclinations allow for more of a challenge - you have to get used to the newer locations of the planets, which means you have to plan the transfers carefully. Along with all that, interstellar travel takes time.You have to get yourself used to the newer planets and then, once you're comfortable and familiar, go interstellar. This mod is incredible and even though I can't run Scatterer for some reason, the default scenery itself provides far enough. It's incredible!

P6nfeUE.png

Greetings from Duna, and more to come!
Edited by Pxtseryu

16 minutes ago, UranianBlue said:

I can't express how much I love KSS. Just wait till @StarCrusher96 released KSS 2.0!! Already, one could say that this is the best planet pack mod in a room full of KSP players and have that idea unchallenged. I can't wait for the new objects and restored features that are coming out!

I can't confirm a KSS 2.0, but after KSS is finished @StarCrusher96 has the idea for an expansion pack for KSS :wink:

2 minutes ago, theaveragepxtseryu said:

So, multiple good things to report!

The game is much more interesting and difficult now. Duna landings don't simply consist of a ton of parachutes - the atmosphere is a bit near the surface. You have to plan carefully - do you ship a huge heat shield to slow down in Duna's atmosphere, or do long and tedious aerobrakes close to the surface, which provides incredible scenery?

The inclinations allow for more of a challenge - you have to get used to the newer locations of the planets, which means you have to plan the transfers carefully. Along with all that, interstellar travel takes time.You have to get yourself used to the newer planets and then, once you're comfortable and familiar, go interstellar. This mod is incredible and even though I can't run Scatterer for some reason, the default scenery itself provides far enough. It's incredible!

If you want to plan a few missions to bodies before actually going there, I strongly suggest looking at the wiki. It tells a bit more about what to look for so you don't go there blind :P

1 minute ago, TheSpacePotato said:

If you want to plan a few missions to bodies before actually going there, I strongly suggest looking at the wiki. It tells a bit more about what to look for so you don't go there blind :P

Probably a good idea, but it's fun to discover for myself. Had a few crashes rapid unplanned disassembles on my first probes.

But it feels satisfying to get it right!

For those wondering why part 2 takes longer than mentioned. 

I’m trying to get the cloudconfigs to work in a modular way, just as kss does. Which isn’t easy to figure out. If someone is very skilled in EVE configs and knows something about MM patches. Dont mind sending me a PM :wink:  

I couldn’t work on kss this week because i’m on a schooltrip.

thx for your patience!

On 11/8/2017 at 8:00 PM, Herbiems89 said:

https://github.com/herbiems89/ContractPack-Tourism/tree/KSS

I don't really have time to test it right now, please give it a go and tell me if it works now. I only found two contracts that needed fixing, one called "Gas Giant Tourism" and "Investor tour", I hope those were the ones you had problems with. If anything broke or other contracts don't work let me know and give me some specifics and I'll have a look :)

I have tried your config and those contracts you modified will not load. Apparently, you can not reference a body by its name as you did. But you can reference Kerbol as parent of Kerbin.

1) InvestorTour.cfg:

Change targetBody in requirements to

targetBody = HomeWorld().Parent()

2) GasGiantMoon.cfg

Do the same. Or revert changes to Sun() and increase reward funds up to million. In KSS every star is effectively a gas giant, so having tourist contracts for planets in an other solar system for a good profit seems like a good idea. 

Edited by Mine_Turtle

21 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

I can't help without more information ... but i guess you did something wrong.

I have all the mods needed, (KSS, kopernicus, modularflightintegrator) and whenever I go into the tracking station, none of the planets or stars show up. The version I'm playing is 1.3.0.

Edited by Dragonwarp