[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

StarCrusher96

54 minutes ago, Shkeiru said:

Haha there are more systems?

I regret to inform you that following an engine related (space bar pressed too early XD) incident the probe you want to reach does not exist anymore, type # to reach anoher :)  

Edited by Shkeiru

I've heard of and seen this pack a few times but didn't take a good look at it until the other day. I must say, I think it is one of, if not the best planet/star packs available. I often find myself going back and forth between wanting to play in a RSS save and a Stock (scaled up) save, because I love certain features that are in the real solar system and I love some of the features available in the Kerbol system. I think your pack has the perfect blend between the two. You have managed to take the exact features I love about the real solar system and replicate them in the stock system in a way I have been (unsuccessfully) trying to do on my own. In addition you add in wonderful other star systems and provide visual enhancements for the whole interstellar neighborhood? It seems too good to be true. Thank you so much for your hard work, I can't wait to start flying in your system.

While installing your mod, I noticed that for some reason, I could only get the clouds or the auroras to load. When both config files are there, only the auroras load. So I tested putting the contents of the aurora config file into the cloud config file (making sure the format is correct), which caused the clouds to load but not the auroras. Any suggestions as to what might be the problem?

1 hour ago, Sahadara said:

While installing your mod, I noticed that for some reason, I could only get the clouds or the auroras to load. When both config files are there, only the auroras load. So I tested putting the contents of the aurora config file into the cloud config file (making sure the format is correct), which caused the clouds to load but not the auroras. Any suggestions as to what might be the problem?

Which version are you talking about? Because clouds are not available for 0.7 at the moment. If there are problems, it would be usefull if you post your logs with the explanation. I can't really fix a problem without more information. 

Edited by StarCrusher96

2 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

Which version are you talking about? Because clouds are not available for 0.7 at the moment. If there are problems, it would be usefull if you post your logs with the explanation. I can't really fix a problem without more information. 

My bad, I didn't realize it wasn't supported in 0.7. Might I ask if that's a feature that "Part 2" will reintroduce?

On a separate note, I know there's no official support for it, but I was trying to use SigmaDimensions to scale up your pack, but it seems to cause Kopernicus to fail to load the system. I tested and SigmaDimensions works fine on its own, but not with your pack. The output log can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wrsf5fadv3hlu0o/output_log.zip?dl=0

Any help would be much appreciated. 

On 11/14/2017 at 1:33 AM, StarCrusher96 said:

Can you show me your KSS/KopernicusFiles - folder? Or provide logs?

Game data

KSS main

Kopernicus files

These are exactly how they were in their respective downloads. Forgive my ignorance, but logs as in the whole kopernicus logs folder?

edit - if it helps, when viewing any of the stars in the map or tracking station, they rapidly flicker when you zoom in on them. Also, when I return to the main menu after loading into any save while KSS is active, Kerbin becomes a textureless white sphere.

Edited by GurpsWibcheengs

Hi there, StarCrusher96!

First of all, this mod is absolutely amazing. Probably my favorite of all. I adore it.

I've played with KSS since I bought KSP about a month ago, but I've had these two problems. No clouds (I read that they were being reworked, so nothing is wrong with that), and none of the planets around other stars besides the ones in the Add-on packs. I was looking at my Kopernicua files and noticed that there weren't any folders with other planets like Mesmo and Rinla inside. Only stars. I was very confused, as I expected there to be other planets like the ones that orbit Kerolon. I really wanted to go and visit Tide. Hopefully you can help me, as I would love to go to Tide. Or maybe you guys are reworking that too, and I just didn't read that. 

Whatever the case may be, I hope that you can help me solve this problem. Thank you in advance!

15 hours ago, Sahadara said:

On a separate note, I know there's no official support for it, but I was trying to use SigmaDimensions to scale up your pack, but it seems to cause Kopernicus to fail to load the system. I tested and SigmaDimensions works fine on its own, but not with your pack. The output log can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wrsf5fadv3hlu0o/output_log.zip?dl=0

Any help would be much appreciated. 

It is said in the wiki that it's a planned feature, but not supported for now :) Maybe upon the 1.0 release ^^

Hello!

Is there a safe way to install KSS on existing save? I've double checked all requirements and installation recommendations, but yet again my Mun' rover and base find themselves on Kerbol  after applying all changes https://imgur.com/Ns4QZX8 (and this is the only two the most obvious inconsistencies)

I thought to recover all kerbals back to KSC and just terminate all crafts and start everything from the blank Space, but maybe there is another way to solve this?

I honestly tried to google it or find in this thread but found nothing. Will appreciate if you point me existing answer.

Edited by WakabaGyaru

2 hours ago, WakabaGyaru said:

Hello!

Is there a safe way to install KSS on existing save? I've double checked all requirements and installation recommendations, but yet again my Mun' rover and base find themselves on Kerbol  after applying all changes https://imgur.com/Ns4QZX8 (and this is the only two the most obvious inconsistencies)

I thought to recover all kerbals back to KSC and just terminate all crafts and start everything from the blank Space, but maybe there is another way to solve this?

I honestly tried to google it or find in this thread but found nothing. Will appreciate if you point me existing answer.

You need to manually modify the save file. I did it, it's a pain in the ass but doable. Check out this video by Scott Manley it helped me quite a bit: click me The part about the reference body is at about 15:05

Basically what happened is that every body has a unique ID. KSS changes these ID's. I think in stock 0 is kerbol, 1 kerbin, 2 the mun, 3 minimus and so on. In KSS 0 is the all, 1 is kerbin, 2 kerbol, 3 is the mun, 4 is minimus. But im not really sure, you'd have to double check that. Then you need to go into your save and get every vessel and change these ID's accordingly.

Edited by Herbiems89

19 minutes ago, Herbiems89 said:

You need to manually modify the save file. I did it, it's a pain in the ass but doable. Check out this video by Scott Manley it helped me quite a bit: click me The part about the reference body is at about 15:05

Basically what happened is that every body has a unique ID. KSS changes these ID's. I think in stock 0 is kerbol, 1 kerbin, 2 the mun, 3 minimus and so on. In KSS 0 is the all, 1 is kerbin, 2 kerbol, 3 is the mun, 4 is minimus. But im not really sure, you'd have to double check that. Then you need to go into your save and get every vessel and change these ID's accordingly.

Oh, I see. I thought about this as well, but there was hope to avoid it ahah. Anyway, thanks, seems like there is really no other way.

And I experience the same issue with no planets around stars. I play KSP 1.3.1 and cleared GameData folder so it looks like https://imgur.com/Bpoiod5 - but still there are planets only around Kerbol. I'm using Kopernicus-1.3.1-2. To be sure I've Tabbed everything in Tracking Station in new game - still not a single planet around other stars. What am I doing wrong?

Edited by WakabaGyaru

8 hours ago, WakabaGyaru said:

And I experience the same issue with no planets around stars. I play KSP 1.3.1 and cleared GameData folder so it looks like https://imgur.com/Bpoiod5 - but still there are planets only around Kerbol. I'm using Kopernicus-1.3.1-2. To be sure I've Tabbed everything in Tracking Station in new game - still not a single planet around other stars. What am I doing wrong?

You downloaded and installed the other systems right? There are no exoplanets when you install kss basic.

18 hours ago, WakabaGyaru said:

Hello!

No it’s just not possible.

22 hours ago, Nexusfire285 said:

Hi there, StarCrusher96!

First of all, this mod is absolutely amazing. Probably my favorite of all. I adore it.

I've played with KSS since I bought KSP about a month ago, but I've had these two problems. No clouds (I read that they were being reworked, so nothing is wrong with that), and none of the planets around other stars besides the ones in the Add-on packs. I was looking at my Kopernicua files and noticed that there weren't any folders with other planets like Mesmo and Rinla inside. Only stars. I was very confused, as I expected there to be other planets like the ones that orbit Kerolon. I really wanted to go and visit Tide. Hopefully you can help me, as I would love to go to Tide. Or maybe you guys are reworking that too, and I just didn't read that. 

Whatever the case may be, I hope that you can help me solve this problem. Thank you in advance!

Thx! If you go a few pages back. You’ll notice that those systems are part of “kss part 2”. Because of a lot of bugs in previous versions. All the systems are being improved, revamped,... and released in 2 parts. Currently there is kss part 1 (revamped stock, extended kerbol system, nova kirbani and the kelnis system)

Edited by StarCrusher96

1 hour ago, StarCrusher96 said:

You downloaded and installed the other systems right? There are no exoplanets when you install kss basic.

Oh, I see. You right, my fail. Thank you! Some systems now actually have planets. But what about http://kerbal-star-systems.wikia.com/wiki/Kormin_System and http://kerbal-star-systems.wikia.com/wiki/Kerolon_System ? Wiki says there are planets in these systems, but I found no packs for them on GitHub...

Edited by WakabaGyaru