[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

StarCrusher96

@WakabaGyaru 

previous answer :P

4 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

If you go a few pages back. You’ll notice that those systems are part of “kss part2”. Because of a lot of bugs in previous versions. All the systems are being improved, revamped,... and released in parts. Currently there is kss p1 (kerbol system, extended kerbol system, nova kirbani and the kelnis system)

Edited by StarCrusher96

19 minutes ago, Herbiems89 said:

Hey starcrusher, on the topic of Eve. Any idea why mine is still purple? It should be yellow, right? Could be an issue with eve or scatterer?

A purple surface or purple clouds ?

KSS clouds are not available so if there are purple clouds it's because you're just using EVE clouds. KSS clouds will be back in part 2.

Edited by StarCrusher96

5 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

You downloaded and installed the other systems right? There are no exoplanets when you install kss basic.

No it’s just not possible.

Thx! If you go a few pages back. You’ll notice that those systems are part of “kss part 2”. Because of a lot of bugs in previous versions. All the systems are being improved, revamped,... and released in 2 parts. Currently there is kss part 1 (revamped stock, extended kerbol system, nova kirbani and the kelnis system)

Ok! Glad that you could help that fast. Looks like I have to plan a mission to Taythe now. This will be quite fun! :)

9 hours ago, WakabaGyaru said:

Oh, I see. You right, my fail. Thank you! Some systems now actually have planets. But what about http://kerbal-star-systems.wikia.com/wiki/Kormin_System and http://kerbal-star-systems.wikia.com/wiki/Kerolon_System ? Wiki says there are planets in these systems, but I found no packs for them on GitHub...

KSS 0.7 Part 2 is not out yet. Go to this page http://kerbal-star-systems.wikia.com/wiki/Planned_Features and look at the section for 0.7 part 2 if you want more information.

10 minutes ago, Shkeiru said:

A planet with a chlorine atmo, and trees (is these trees ?) on the surface , anything to link with the story ?

Hetoo has chlorine based life, which you can read about how it works on the wiki. It does have a slight connection to the story, but probably not in the way you'd expect :wink:

10 minutes ago, Greatness101 said:

Hetoo has chlorine based life. It's in the wiki :P

Isn't hard to build complex molecules with chlorine ? It has only one electron, and even with ion form .... Maybe  its polarizability ?

3 minutes ago, Shkeiru said:

Isn't hard to build complex molecules with chlorine ? It has only one electron, and even with ion form .... Maybe  its polarizability ?

Actually, it's the exact opposite. Atoms having 1 or 7 electrons in the outer shell are more likely to bond with other atoms. Hetoo's life have taken advantage of this, and used the chlorine to replace water and oxygen.

Edited by TheSpacePotato

@Shkeiru

From the wiki:

One of the major reasons Hetoo is so unique is because it has chlorine-based life. It is predicted that during the photosynthesis, hydrochloric acid (HCl) is combined with carbon dioxide (CO2) to produce formaldehyde (CH2O), chlorine (Cl2), and oxygen (O2) using the balanced equation below: 

4 HCl + 2 CO2 + energy → 2 CH2O + 2 Cl2 + O2

It is also predicted that animals drink hydrochloric acid and eat foods rich in formaldehyde. Animals also inhale oxygen and exhale carbon dioxide like they do on Kerbin.

I directly jumped on the wiki right after @TheSpacePotato told me ^^ So , i read the topic on Hetoo (and still asking why animals are breathing oxygen instead of chlorine ?) :P (Are you ok after a day where you're constantly repeating the same thing and providing info because people don't know how to search and read ?)

If you do a bit of looking on the wiki, you'll see that all the exotic forms of life possible in KSS use oxygen, and that is because oxygen is a very reactive element, as well as it is very common in the Universe. Chlorine isn't nearly as common as oxygen, which is why there isn't a lot of chlorine in the atmosphere of Earth Kerbin.

Examples: Sulph, Hetoo, Laho

Edited by TheSpacePotato