[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

StarCrusher96

3 hours ago, Jack5.exe said:

K thanks just haven't tested hyperedit with it yet

One thing to look out for though, not sure if this is common knowledge but I didn't know about it for a while and it made me think various planet packs were broken. If you hyperedit a craft directly into orbit from the surface of Kerbin, everything will move through space weirdly. Things will come off of rails during timewarp including planets, everything will just get messed up. This can be fixed by quicksaving and quickloading. After that, you can hyperedit around all you like without having to repeat the process.

Hey guys, I just installed KSS on top of my 70+ mod list, and after I run the game, it gets stuck just before showing menu. I get black screen, with a "Loading" icon at the bottom right corner, and the menu doesn't show up even after waiting for 15 minutes. The icon is moving, so the game isn't frozen, but it just doesn't load any further. I would post a log, but the log file doesn't update - I guess it needs the game to fully load for that.
Is this a known problem? What can I do to get the info needed for debugging?

EDIT: It happens even if I remove ALL other mods, meaning there's only KSS and it's dependencies.

Edited by aluc24

1 hour ago, aluc24 said:

Hey guys, I just installed KSS on top of my 70+ mod list, and after I run the game, it gets stuck just before showing menu. I get black screen, with a "Loading" icon at the bottom right corner, and the menu doesn't show up even after waiting for 15 minutes. The icon is moving, so the game isn't frozen, but it just doesn't load any further. I would post a log, but the log file doesn't update - I guess it needs the game to fully load for that.
Is this a known problem? What can I do to get the info needed for debugging?

EDIT: It happens even if I remove ALL other mods, meaning there's only KSS and it's dependencies.

Probably made a mistake while installing it. Run a clean version of KSP 1.3.1 with kopernicus release 2 (not 3) and kss 0.7 basic installed. If the game doesn’t work after this. You can be sure it is KSS.

Edited by StarCrusher96

3 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

Probably made a mistake while installing it. Run a clean install of KSP 1.3.1 with kopernicus release 2 (not 3) and kss 0.7 basic installed. If the game doesn’t work after this. You can be sure it is KSS.

That's what I did... And it still doesn't load into the menu. Is there any way I can force the problem to appear on the log or somewhere? Because I know I'm not giving you much to grab on to here.

14 minutes ago, aluc24 said:

That's what I did... And it still doesn't load into the menu. Is there any way I can force the problem to appear on the log or somewhere? Because I know I'm not giving you much to grab on to here.

Can you show me your GameData Folder?

Edited by StarCrusher96

1 hour ago, aluc24 said:

Sure thing.

Ca60hhG.png

Okay make sure you have kopernicus release 2 (not the latest). And use the module manager that comes with that version. Delete the loadingscreenmanager. Run the game once again (only kss basic) and go to KSS/Cache ... when you’re game ‘freezes’ see if there are cachefiles being written. Send me an answer in a PM.

I tried your mod.. But it froze/stopped responding on the KSP Start Loading Screen, everytime it freezes when loading "Squad/Spaces/PodCockpit/internals/PodCockpit" I installed Kopernicus 2, installed basic and did a fresh boot of KSP 1.3.1. and all!

Edited by Pepethecat

1 minute ago, Pepethecat said:

I tried your mod.. But it froze/stopped responding on the KSP Start Loading Screen, everytime it freezes when loading "Squad/Spaces/PodCockpit/" I installed Kopernicus 2, installed basic and did a fresh boot of KSP 1.3.1. and all!

First time loading KSS can take up 15 min.  Without logs I can't fix anything.

Edited by StarCrusher96

2 minutes ago, Pepethecat said:

I tried your mod.. But it froze/stopped responding on the KSP Start Loading Screen, everytime it freezes when loading "Squad/Spaces/PodCockpit/" I installed Kopernicus 2, installed basic and did a fresh boot of KSP 1.3.1. and all!

Let it keep loading for a couple tens of minutes. It has a very large resource consumption (especially with scatterer and co), so i'll freeze on the loading screen. Patience is required with this mod.

EDIT: Nice ninja post, StarCrusher.

Edited by kjack1111

2 minutes ago, Pepethecat said:

It should :P