[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

StarCrusher96

1 hour ago, StarCrusher96 said:

well i think KSS adds around 500 extra patches. 4 Gb won't do it. You can try with 8 but I can't say how smooth your game will run. But it will work. 

That's very good to hear, thanks! Those 500 patches are for the Extended Kerbol System + Nova Kirbani, or just the Extended?

59 minutes ago, Walker said:

Holy moley this seems to be best star/ planet pack ever. What kind of a machine do I need to play this with EVE/Scatterer...? Anyway, I definitely will try it!

I think about 16 Gb RAM would be sufficient enough to load everything with EVE and Scatterer :)

11 minutes ago, Noel32 said:

I'm struggling to figure out where exactly in my GameData subdirectories to put eve and eve config files and where should I put the K_SS Clouds files.

Please. Help!

You just paste the content from KSS Gamedata folder in your Gamedata folder. Everything has been done for you.

On page 1, you can find a screenshot showing how you're gamedata should look without visuals. 

Edited by StarCrusher96

40 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

You just paste the content from KSS Gamedata folder in your Gamedata folder. Everything has been done for you.

On page 1, you can find a screenshot showing how you're gamedata should look without visuals. 

Yes, I'm fine with that part, but my confusion comes when trying to use your mod alongside EVE, specifically I'm uncertain whether I'm correct in putting the directory BoulderCo from EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements-Configs in the GameData file as there seems to be some repetition in the GameData/KSS/KSS_Clouds directory.

So specifically am I correct in having the BoulderCo from EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements-Configs in my GameData directory while also having the relevant files in the KSS_Clouds directory?

Just now, Noel32 said:

Yes, I'm fine with that part, but my confusion comes when trying to use your mod alongside EVE, specifically I'm uncertain whether I'm correct in putting the directory BoulderCo from EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements-Configs in the GameData file as there seems to be some repetition in the GameData/KSS/KSS_Clouds directory.

So specifically am I correct in having the BoulderCo from EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements-Configs in my GameData directory while also having the relevant files in the KSS_Clouds directory?

You don't need the BoulderCo folder. Just EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements in GameData.

2 hours ago, TheSpacePotato said:

I think about 16 Gb RAM would be sufficient enough to load everything with EVE and Scatterer :)

2 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

@Walker

16 Gb: All star systems and visuals

8Gb: max 2/3 systems + visuals

I play with all the systems, visuals, and a "few" other mods you can see below on 8Gb of RAM. You just need to lower some settings and run in DX11. SO for anyone that wants it all, you can have it, you just have to fiddle around a bit!

PPNm7bu.png

You will want something else to do while it all loads though.

Edited by Lifeisgreasy
I don't understand this Imgur album thing.

Just now, Lifeisgreasy said:

I play with all the systems, visuals, and a "few" other mods you can see below on 8Gb of RAM. You just need to lower some settings and run in DX11. SO for anyone that wants it all, you can have it, you just have to fiddle around a bit!

Album nrGJp will appear when post is submitted

You will want something else to do while it all loads though.

I just have to warn you about DX11, it messes up scatterer, making a few planets pitch black in map view.

1 minute ago, StarCrusher96 said:

I just have to warn you about DX11, it messes up scatterer, making a few planets pitch black in map view.

Really? Don't think I've ran into that yet, but I have noticed a few other things I figured were because of DX11.

I don't believe the patch has properly gone through @StarCrusher96. I still get the blocky kerbin on jool, even with testing, Results from oran and voon pending. A red flag is that 0.7.2 is still the version number in the version file. Also, by chance, is gilly/other asteroids supposed to be blocky too? Duna's inner moon is black too.

Edited by kjack1111
i keep forgetting bugs gdi

1 minute ago, kjack1111 said:

I don't believe the patch has properly gone through @StarCrusher96. I still get the blocky kerbin on jool, even with testing, Results from oran and voon pending.

I no longer had them? Well I compared with other mods and my cfg's are similar so I don't know what's causing it. Do you use Scatterer or not? Can you send me logs? Deleting the gas giants cache files might help. Does this only happen when reaching the 'surface'?

1 minute ago, StarCrusher96 said:

I no longer had them? Well I compared with other mods and my cfg's are similar so I don't know what's causing it. Do you use Scatterer or not? Can you send me logs? Deleting the gas giants cache files might help. Does this only happen when reaching the 'surface'?

The effect occurs when the gas giant's land comes into view. My system, despite having 24GB, cannot support scatterer (GTX1060), so no, i don't. I can send logs, but your gonna have to specify which ones. Gonna try the cache's when i can.

Just now, kjack1111 said:

The effect occurs when the gas giant's land comes into view. My system, despite having 24GB, cannot support scatterer (GTX1060), so no, i don't. I can send logs, but your gonna have to specify which ones. Gonna try the cache's when i can.

Well it's not a really big problem then? Because otherwise it's just black. I'll see what I can do.