[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

StarCrusher96

35 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

No it acts as gravitational deflection shield towards The All .... Basically to fly to The All you need to go Around the SOI of Karkua. Removing it doesn't really influence the other systems.

Apparently Karkua consumes craft that orbit the Mun...

One of the lost books, possibly a non-canon, tells of a great and powerful, but unforgiving spirit. He had but one name, and his reach was described to be as far as the South from the North. He was not Hades, who waits for those who have already died, and not the Kraken, who strikes both far and near and leaves destruction in his wake, but one who waits in the far-out places to cleanly slay travelers while they slept while they were between the dots in the night sky, leaving not a trace behind for others to recognize. His name does not translate to Karkua as the non-canon's absence meant knowledge of him and the connection to his name faded from Kerbalkind's archives...... But we are very sure that Karkua and this evil spirit are the same thing.

I just pulled that out of my [engine bell] but I think this particular bug has existed as long as KSS itself so my story is well-grounded lol.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

1 minute ago, StarCrusher96 said:

That's the other purpose of Karkua ... To magically remove crafts around The Mun. Basically it's an automatic craft remover function I added to KSS.

:wink:

16 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

"One of the lost books, possibly a non-canon, tells of a great and powerful, but unforgiving spirit. He had but one name, and his reach was described to be as far as the South from the North. He was not Hades, who waits for those who have already died, and not the Kraken, who strikes both far and near and leaves destruction in his wake, but one who waits in the far-out places to cleanly slay travelers while they slept while they were between the dots in the night sky, leaving not a trace behind for others to recognize. His name does not translate to Karkua as the non-canon's absence meant knowledge of him and the connection to his name faded from Kerbalkind's archives...... But we are very sure that Karkua and this evil spirit are the same thing."

I just pulled that out of my [engine bell] but I think this particular bug has existed as long as KSS itself so my story is well-grounded lol.

Mind you, my craft were probes. The real reason I want Karkua to go is because it ruined my playthrough with a flood of 12 million funds.

Edited by Planetace

3 hours ago, Kebab Kerman said:

I should've thought of doing that...

I'm going to make a completely ocean planet, with a few deep ravines and three or four land masses total.

I made a mistake and somehow flooded the sun

And Kerbin

And Eve

And Laythe

And every planet with water

1 minute ago, Kebab Kerman said:

I made a mistake and somehow flooded the sun

And Kerbin

And Eve

And Laythe

And every planet with water

Lol what happened?

5 minutes ago, Galacticvoyager said:

Kerulum Is not a faint dot with nothing to work with anymore...

xBofXdr.png

Tzhlt57.png

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/167549-130-131-ringworld-010/

Seems someone built rings around it.

3 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

What did you change?

I uuuuuhhhhh

I don't know

But I had to close KSP because it decided to freeze. Anyway, I'm going to test my new planet, which is just a copy of Kerbin with the HeightMapOffset at -2250.

Edited by Kebab Kerman
Game crash

53 minutes ago, Kebab Kerman said:

Wait what

A ringworld Joke, there are two massive oval oceans adjacent to each other on the ring. They serve as weight stabilizers.

Might I add that both of them are probably (from estimation) are half a million Earths in surface area.

Edited by Planetace

4 hours ago, Galacticvoyager said:

Mind you, my craft were probes. The real reason I want Karkua to go is because it ruined my playthrough with a flood of 12 million funds.

Did you edit your save and restore your funds though? It's one line and a few digits. I doubt this kind of thing can happen a second time, but if it does, that means more logs and more data for StarCrusher

10 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

Well just delete it while I'm working on a fix :wink: 

I'm having multiple problems with Karkua and the ALL.

How to remove Karkua and the ALL correctly?  Simply delete \Kerbal Space Program\GameData\KSS\KopernicusFiles\Stars\Extra\Karkua.cfg  ?  And I don't see the ALL in the KopernicusFiles, just in the cache.

If I delete the ALL, will that fix the solar panel & asteroid tracking problems?  I'll rather not delete the Karkua & ALL because I think that's a major part of the Story/Lore.

thanks!

The good news is I also had problems with EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements, but it went away after doing a clean install.  Install all mods with CKAN (including EVE and Kopernicus) FIRST,  THEN install all the KSS/Clouds/Scatterer manually - I admit this doesn't make sense.

Edited by enewmen

On 12/17/2017 at 1:02 AM, StarCrusher96 said:

In KSS, Minmus is a comet. As you can read in the installationguide, you need to download the other systems from the Github page.

Terraformed Duna will return later in KSS. Don’t expect it to return soon.

I checked the instillation guide in the github downloads and it was the same as the normal ones, I just dont know where to put the files! 

3 hours ago, enewmen said:

I'm having multiple problems with Karkua and the ALL.

How to remove Karkua and the ALL correctly?  Simply delete \Kerbal Space Program\GameData\KSS\KopernicusFiles\Stars\Extra\Karkua.cfg  ?  And I don't see the ALL in the KopernicusFiles, just in the cache.

If I delete the ALL, will that fix the solar panel & asteroid tracking problems?  I'll rather not delete the Karkua & ALL because I think that's a major part of the Story/Lore.

thanks!

The good news is I also had problems with EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements, but it went away after doing a clean install.  Install all mods with CKAN (including EVE and Kopernicus) FIRST,  THEN install all the KSS/Clouds/Scatterer manually - I admit this doesn't make sense.

You can’t remove The All. That’s why it isn’t in KopernicusFiles/Stars. 

19 hours ago, Galacticvoyager said:

A ringworld Joke, there are two massive oval oceans adjacent to each other on the ring. They serve as weight stabilizers.

Might I add that both of them are probably (from estimation) are half a million Earths in surface area.

Oh.

That's amazing.

Anyway, my planet didn't show up for some reason, maybe because I just edited some KSS files to only have Kerbin, which had a HeightOffSet of -750, but it now has one of -2250. I also forgot to remove the RemoveStockPlanets file. Also, The All was almost swallowing Kerbin in it's atmosphere.