[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

StarCrusher96

Hey guys, Merry Christmas (although for some of you it's already over). I was on a skiing trip for the past three days but now I'm back! :P

Spoiler

66SBA52.jpg

This is what I would imagine a ski resort on Rilna would look like. Except the trees would be more blue.

6 hours ago, Greatness101 said:

Hey guys, Merry Christmas (although for some of you it's already over). I was on a skiing trip for the past three days but now I'm back! :P

Reveal hidden contents

66SBA52.jpg

This is what I would imagine a ski resort on Rilna would look like. Except the trees would be more blue.

And far mountains would be blue/covered in snow. Hope your holidays went well!

Hi, I love your mod and I can't wait to get more into it! Keep up the good work. The only problem I've had so far is with contracts. I just started a new game, and the main contract series told me to launch a vessel, escape the atmosphere, get into orbit, etc... but then it told me to fly by Kereksus. Flying by a neutron star light-years away is a HUGE step upwards in difficulty from just launching my first ship into orbit, so obviously it's not quite feasible with my present technology. It's not that big of a deal, I can just go to the Mun anyway and get around to that contract at a later date, but I was wondering if there was a fix for this that has a more logical sequence of contracts so I can follow the questline. I don't really know if this is an issue with KSS or with KSP, so it's fine if I just have to deal with it. Thanks!

9 hours ago, walkman01 said:

Hi, I love your mod and I can't wait to get more into it! Keep up the good work. The only problem I've had so far is with contracts. I just started a new game, and the main contract series told me to launch a vessel, escape the atmosphere, get into orbit, etc... but then it told me to fly by Kereksus. Flying by a neutron star light-years away is a HUGE step upwards in difficulty from just launching my first ship into orbit, so obviously it's not quite feasible with my present technology. It's not that big of a deal, I can just go to the Mun anyway and get around to that contract at a later date, but I was wondering if there was a fix for this that has a more logical sequence of contracts so I can follow the questline. I don't really know if this is an issue with KSS or with KSP, so it's fine if I just have to deal with it. Thanks!

if you haven't accepted the contract yet there's still a chance you might be able to work your way up the tech tree until you feel you have the technology to do this contract. also does it have to be a manned mission? because if not you could just launch a probe and use the outer planets added by this mod to speed your craft up. either way you still should have decent rocket boosters, generators and probe cores.

I have tried this on 1.3.1 with only kss basic, kerbol system expanded, kopernicus, module manager and modular flight integrator but the game loads and hangs right before loading, as it usually does but I have left this for 30 minutes and nothing happens. It doesnt crash but I dont expect it to do anything after waiting that long.

8 minutes ago, TachyonGMZ said:

I have tried this on 1.3.1 with only kss basic, kerbol system expanded, kopernicus, module manager and modular flight integrator but the game loads and hangs right before loading, as it usually does but I have left this for 30 minutes and nothing happens. It doesnt crash but I dont expect it to do anything after waiting that long.

are there cachefiles in KSS/Cache?

6 minutes ago, TachyonGMZ said:

I have to do it again as I removed the files now.

Keep in mind that KSS is very RAM intensive, and a computer with around 8GB is the minimum (for ext. kerbol and KSS_Basic)

Edited by Saltshaker
clarity

Just now, TachyonGMZ said:

8gb computer ram or ksp taking up 8gb? Is galileos planet pack easy on ram compared to this?

Extended kerbol system is as large / maybe larger than GPP. I advice to see if KSS_Basic alone loads.

Edited by StarCrusher96

8 minutes ago, Saltshaker said:

Keep in mind that KSS is very RAM intensive, and a computer with around 8GB is the minimum (for ext. kerbol and KSS_Basic)

Heh heh... I have 4GB of RAM and I can run the Kerbol, Nova Kirbani, Kerolon, and Kelnis systems all at once. You just have to be patient for it to load (takes about 15-20 minutes for me) and don't use any visuals. :P

2 minutes ago, Greatness101 said:

Heh heh... I have 4GB of RAM and I can run the Kerbol, Nova Kirbani, Kerolon, and Kelnis systems all at once. You just have to be patient for it to load (takes about 15-20 minutes for me) and don't use any visuals. :P

Huh. Well, when I first downloaded KSS my computer was quite cluttered (not with active apps, just general storage maybe) and I didn't use the launcher (to turn off log creation)

1 minute ago, Saltshaker said:

Huh. Well, when I first downloaded KSS my computer was quite cluttered (not with active apps, just general storage maybe) and I didn't use the launcher (to turn off log creation)

I wouldn't recommend what I do, though. After a while my pc gets quite hot and it tends to crash. Much better to just have KSS_Basic with so little ram.

The thing is I'm part of the KSS team and I kinda need to have most of the systems, so I just have to deal with it. :P

3 hours ago, EnderBOSS555009 said:

if you haven't accepted the contract yet there's still a chance you might be able to work your way up the tech tree until you feel you have the technology to do this contract. also does it have to be a manned mission? because if not you could just launch a probe and use the outer planets added by this mod to speed your craft up. either way you still should have decent rocket boosters, generators and probe cores.

Oh yeah I know that I can still do it, I was just wondering if it’s possible to fix the contract progression so it tells me to explore the Kerbin-Mun system and then the Kerbol system a bit more before I get into neutron stars. (The stock contract progression system only allows you to do one contract in this questline at a time, you have to finish it before it gives you another) I haven’t even flown by the Mun yet, I just got to the third tier of the tech tree, so it’ll be awhile before I’ll have my eye on Kereksus.

Edited by walkman01

@walkman01 I noticed the same thing when I started my career. After the orbit Kerbin contract it went straight to explore Kereksus. Then I installed contract configurator with Exploration Plus contract pack. It does the same thing but once I did a flyby of the Mun I received the rest of the Mun contracts (orbit, land, etc.). The stock contracts didn't change but with Exploration Plus it has worked with every planet/moon I've visited so far. Just flyby and then you get the rest of the contracts (or at least that's how it worked for me). Not sure what will happen with all of the new bodies/systems because I'm not nearly that far along but this is such a great mod and there are so many ways to make money its still fun. But if you like the contracts to progress like I do, maybe this will help a little.

2 hours ago, Charles Foxtrot said:

@walkman01 I noticed the same thing when I started my career. After the orbit Kerbin contract it went straight to explore Kereksus. Then I installed contract configurator with Exploration Plus contract pack. It does the same thing but once I did a flyby of the Mun I received the rest of the Mun contracts (orbit, land, etc.). The stock contracts didn't change but with Exploration Plus it has worked with every planet/moon I've visited so far. Just flyby and then you get the rest of the contracts (or at least that's how it worked for me). Not sure what will happen with all of the new bodies/systems because I'm not nearly that far along but this is such a great mod and there are so many ways to make money its still fun. But if you like the contracts to progress like I do, maybe this will help a little.

Awesome, I just finished putting together all 60-something of my mods, and that happens to include Contract Configurator and Exploration Plus, and I'm almost to the point where I can fly by the Mun. I'm super excited to get more into this whole thing, and hopefully I can actually fulfill that contract one day.