[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

StarCrusher96

2 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

For 0.8, I want to give everybody a chance to contribute to KSS. Because we're still developing 2/3 systems and I'm lacking a little inspiration at the moment, it would be interesting to see what kind of systems / planets you guys would like to see in KSS. Maybe one of those ideas get implemented in KSS. 

Post your ideas HERE

So there's potential for KSS's star system number to greatly increase? Or are we just taking planet ideas to populate Kelar/Kerbos/Korlon? :P

16 minutes ago, Greatness101 said:

So there's potential for KSS's star system number to greatly increase? Or are we just taking planet ideas to populate Kelar/Kerbos/Korlon? :P

Hopefully both, depends on what you contribute to the thread

1 hour ago, Saltshaker said:

Hopefully both, depends on what you contribute to the thread

Heh... I think I'll leave the thread to non-developers.

I already have the unfair advantage of being one of Starcrusher's main idea suppliers :P

Edited by Greatness101

On 30/12/2017 at 12:48 AM, billw2011 said:

So I couldn't reproduce the problem, although I did find my older saves when the orbits were not messed up. I think perhaps it is some combination of the warp across SOI bug and something to do with Korpernicus, OR something to do with the order of initialization of mods where a mod is messing with craft orbits before Korpernicus has initialized and doing it incorrectly.

So can I assume that nobody else is suffering from this problem? I've basically been forced to not use this mod because having randomly broken orbits when also using RemoteTech makes the game very painful. I have determined that Kopernicus has or had a bug related to reparenting Kerbin, that also effects other planet packs (specifically Extrasolar New Horizons mentions it in the known bugs list). This being the case how are people actually managing to play with these mods?

Edited by billw2011

1 hour ago, billw2011 said:

So can I assume that nobody else is suffering from this problem? I've basically been forced to not use this mod because having randomly broken orbits when also using RemoteTech makes the game very painful. I have determined that Kopernicus has or had a bug related to reparenting Kerbin, that also effects other planet packs (specifically Extrasolar New Horizons mentions it in the known bugs list). This being the case how are people actually managing to play with these mods?

I've done a couple of changes and will test if the bug still occurs. Be patient please.

7 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

I've done a couple of changes and will test if the bug still occurs. Be patient please.

Sorry, I wasn't being impatient, I wasn't aware you were looking into it or if it was just a problem unique to me. Thanks for looking into it, and I am happy to test your changes if it would be useful.  I already re-enabled the current version of KSS started a new campaign, used hyperedit to put satellites around the moon and, combined with S.A.V.E I hope to catch the moment where the orbits break, if they do.

Having a slight problem:

Nova Kirbani, or any one of its planet packs, DO load, but the main menu will not open, and will be stuck on the loading screen.

However, the music plays, showing that the pack has launched.

I am unable to get a log concerning the error.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Is there a way to fix it?

1 minute ago, theaveragepxtseryu said:

Having a slight problem:

Nova Kirbani, or any one of its planet packs, DO load, but the main menu will not open, and will be stuck on the loading screen.

However, the music plays, showing that the pack has launched.

I am unable to get a log concerning the error.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Is there a way to fix it?

Never seen that ... If you can post logs, I'll take a look.

23 minutes ago, theaveragepxtseryu said:

Okay, forgive me, this issue has been brought up and it turns out you're fixing the bug in the next update.

but maybe if you get the time could you help me with Kerolon since I LOVE that system

1 minute ago, theaveragepxtseryu said:

Wait..

Those islands...

https://imgur.com/gallery/5kmb9

The kind of island that is randomly...random.

...Space Engine..

TheSpacePotato: What?

S P A C E      E N G I N E

Those are removed in 0.8. Caused by a PQS mod. I don't use ****** space engine textures :P 

Edited by StarCrusher96

9 hours ago, billw2011 said:

Sorry, I wasn't being impatient, I wasn't aware you were looking into it or if it was just a problem unique to me. Thanks for looking into it, and I am happy to test your changes if it would be useful.  I already re-enabled the current version of KSS started a new campaign, used hyperedit to put satellites around the moon and, combined with S.A.V.E I hope to catch the moment where the orbits break, if they do.

Okay I caught it. I have S.A.V.E set to backup on every save. I restarted the game and now I have three saves. In the first save (from when I quit the game) my test ships are in orbit around the Mun, in the second (when I loaded the game and it saved it automatically I guess) they are in orbit around Kerbol with totally different orbit, and in the third (when I force another save) they are around the Mun again. Also, not sure if coincidental, I got the "jiggly" terrain in the KSC scene for the first time and non of the buildings could be clicked on. 

Here is the saves and logs:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jg08ysd6eb4k4ct/example_saves.7z?dl=0

/edit

I can work around this it appears by loading first then restoring from backup then reloading again. In other words this bug appears to happen on first load after restart only (in my limited tests).

Edited by billw2011

7 hours ago, theaveragepxtseryu said:

Wait..

Those islands...

https://imgur.com/gallery/5kmb9

The kind of island that is randomly...random.

...Space Engine..

TheSpacePotato: What?

S P A C E      E N G I N E

I would use Space Engine. KSS is too good for using Space Engine textures (which don't port too well into KSS anyways) :P

Is there some guide on getting scatterer, EVA and this to work? I tried all combinations and have managed to get all white planets, all black planets etc., but not an actually correct result.

/edit And now I can't get my Kerbin atmosphere back even after removing scatterer and EVE.

/edit2 And now it just magically appeared even though all I did was tab out of game for a few minutes. Is KSP doing caching and/or background shader rebuilds or something weird like that?

Edited by billw2011

1 hour ago, billw2011 said:

Is there some guide on getting scatterer, EVA and this to work? I tried all combinations and have managed to get all white planets, all black planets etc., but not an actually correct result.

There is a guide on the downloads list on GitHub ( .MD files open with Notepad ), and in a page on its wiki.

But once you have all the required mods, it's basic as can be:

• KSS_#_BASIC is the core download. Do not skip.
  • KSS_#_Extended_Kerbol_System is KSS's own OPM
  • Everything else after is toppings for the pizza.

1 minute ago, JadeOfMaar said:

There is a guide on the downloads list on GitHub ( .MD files open with Notepad ), and in a page on its wiki.

But once you have all the required mods, it's basic as can be:

• KSS_#_BASIC is the core download. Do not skip.
  • KSS_#_Extended_Kerbol_System is KSS's own OPM
  • Everything else after is toppings for the pizza.

I already read the guide, it isn't very illuminating if something doesn't work nor particularly detailed on what precisely needs to be done (what versions are known to work, what settings in scatterer are known to work, confirmation that no further setup is required etc.)

I already had a working install of KSS and tried to add scatterer and EVE to it and it just broke in multiple different ways.

7 minutes ago, billw2011 said:

I already read the guide, it isn't very illuminating if something doesn't work nor particularly detailed on what precisely needs to be done (what versions are known to work, what settings in scatterer are known to work, confirmation that no further setup is required etc.)

I already had a working install of KSS and tried to add scatterer and EVE to it and it just broke in multiple different ways.

I dont get why this is so difficult? You just install Scatterer and EVE as usual ... You don't need to do anything for KSS, everything is already installed. 

I made it as simple as possible because I work with a modular system. Just download and put it in the GameData folder, that's it.

Edited by StarCrusher96

1 minute ago, StarCrusher96 said:

I dont get why this is so difficult? You just install Scatterer and EVE as usual ... You don't need to do anything for KSS, everything is already installed. 

I made it as simple as possible because I work with a modular system. Just download and put it in the GameData folder, that's it.

Maybe we should add screenshots of the gamedata folder just to be extra sure. These installation questions are starting to tire me :P

@billw2011 Ah. That's very unfortunate.

• For addressing EVE, it has two downloads. Did you take the smaller one? The larger one (with "Configs" in its name) is only compatible with the Stock solar system.
  • Be absolutely sure that the version of scatterer you downloaded is not a beta and matches your KSP version. SpaceDock makes this very easy.
  • KSS v0.7 is not for KSP 1.2; KSS v0.6 or older are not for KSP 1.3.
Edited by JadeOfMaar