[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

StarCrusher96

30 minutes ago, Wilhelm Kerman said:

How?

What about Blalo? When ever I am in a low orbit around it there seems to be quite some lag for some reason.

I think it depends on your RAM ? How much other mods you have running? various things can cause lag.

Edited by StarCrusher96

4 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

Ilo & Orus (Nessus III System - 0.8)

screenshot32.png?dl=1

* Ilo and its small ringed moon Eru

screenshot33.png?dl=1

* active glaciers on Orus

screenshot36.png?dl=1

* Orus and one of its moons Aren

I think Starcrusher has a secret spaceship and he's just taking pictures of real planets at this point :D

2 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

I think it depends on your RAM ? How much other mods you have running? various things can cause lag.

8 Gb ram, no other apps running except steam,

KSS (removed many moons that I will never go to), Mechjeb, Heat control, only several radiators, KS3P.

For now I am fine sticking to high orbits around bodies.

37 minutes ago, Wilhelm Kerman said:

It's height, proof in height map.

Good eyes! Now to figure out what it means...

(I'd recommend using a Fandom account and putting it on the wiki so everything is organized)

Edited by TheSpacePotato

Pulling the theory I posted directly from the Wikia thread.

"The All is a wormhole that leads to the galaxy that our Solar System is in.

The Creator is an ancient von Neumann probe sent through. Cad is one of the probes self replicated from the Creator.

The age being 13 billion years is because the Kermes cluster is farther than 13 billion light years, meaning the light from the Kerbal galaxy hasn't reached humans yet. Vice versa, the light from the Milky way hasn't reached the Kermes cluster yet.

There was an attempt to colonize the Kermes cluster, but it failed horrifically and resulted in nuclear warfare and the collapse of an entire civilization, with the home world orbiting the red giant ingame being the Coruscant of the humans who attempted to colonize.

Kerbals are the creations of the humans in an attempt to simulate life to continue in the Kermes cluster.

Installation X was the first scientific research post and studied artificial energy, culminating in the creation of an artificial star, and allowed the technology to be developed to make the warp ships that the Precursors (the humans) probably used."

13 minutes ago, theaveragepxtseryu said:

Pulling the theory I posted directly from the Wikia thread.

"The All is a wormhole that leads to the galaxy that our Solar System is in.

The Creator is an ancient von Neumann probe sent through. Cad is one of the probes self replicated from the Creator.

The age being 13 billion years is because the Kermes cluster is farther than 13 billion light years, meaning the light from the Kerbal galaxy hasn't reached humans yet. Vice versa, the light from the Milky way hasn't reached the Kermes cluster yet.

There was an attempt to colonize the Kermes cluster, but it failed horrifically and resulted in nuclear warfare and the collapse of an entire civilization, with the home world orbiting the red giant ingame being the Coruscant of the humans who attempted to colonize.

Kerbals are the creations of the humans in an attempt to simulate life to continue in the Kermes cluster.

Installation X was the first scientific research post and studied artificial energy, culminating in the creation of an artificial star, and allowed the technology to be developed to make the warp ships that the Precursors (the humans) probably used."

Good guesses! Although I can't say whether any of them are correct :P

Other topics for speculation:

If you look at the planned features page for 0.8, you'll notice that a lot of the new stars will have names that begin with an "N".

Anyone with a guess as to what this means and why can post it here or on the wiki discussion.

1 minute ago, Greatness101 said:

you'll notice that a lot of the new stars will have names that begin with an "N".

Anyone with a guess as to what this means and why can post it here or on the wiki discussion.

N for Neumann or Novus, since both are artificial. Possible that those stars are artificial stars created to seed life in the Kermes cluster, or to provide energy.