[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

StarCrusher96

1 minute ago, Wilhelm Kerman said:

It would be quite hard though, wouldn't it?

Yeah, if you want to rendezvous in any reasonable timescale in interstellar space you'll have to time everything perfectly. :P

Otherwise, I would advise sticking to docking in LKO

1 hour ago, Greatness101 said:

Yeah, if you want to rendezvous in any reasonable timescale in interstellar space you'll have to time everything perfectly. :P

Otherwise, I would advise sticking to docking in LKO

I'm talking about interstellar docking and I can barely dock in LKO!

3 hours ago, Wilhelm Kerman said:

I'm talking about interstellar docking and I can barely dock in LKO!

Pardon me... :sticktongue: Why would you even consider rendezvous and docking while between the stars? Relative velocities and angles can be absolutely anywhere. No one is going to allow that situation to come up. You can't build a big enough KSS xxxChaser that can spare the dV for that. Lol

1 hour ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Pardon me... :sticktongue: Why would you even consider rendezvous and docking while between the stars? Relative velocities and angles can be absolutely anywhere. No one is going to allow that situation to come up. You can't build a big enough KSS xxxChaser that can spare the dV for that. Lol

Had the same thoughts :P 

6 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I was just wondering whether anyone had done it before, I know it is nearly impossible.

Just now, Wilhelm Kerman said:

Will it have purple oceans and eosapiens?

Maybe eosapiens were the precursors

It's just the planet :P So if you know someone who can code lifeforms into KSP, send him my way. 

I'll make the amoebic see a little more purple. But from the ground It'll look like normal water ... Otherwise all the smaller lakes will be purple.

Just now, StarCrusher96 said:

It's just the planet :P So if you know someone who can code lifeforms into KSP, send him my way. 

I'll make the amoebic see a little more purple. But from the ground It'll look like normal water ... Otherwise all the smaller lakes will be purple.

Maybe it is possible to make those giant walking things and then add them in as still objects in the surface, like rocks on the mun.

I can't find any threads relating to adding npcs into the game, only ones talking about if they did.

16 minutes ago, Greatness101 said:

It needs to be this way to position the debris shield at the front :P

The Venture Star in Avatar had its engines the other way round for stability. After its engines did the burn to get there, it would spin around and use several extremely thin shields to protect itself from the Earth based lasers that would power the first bit of the journey by pushing a 16x16km solar sail. I think. :)

Edited by Wilhelm Kerman