[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

StarCrusher96

6 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

Kerbos System

Kerbosscale.png?dl=1

* moons not included

*Jaw Drops* Those gas giants look even more amazing than I thought they would.

Also was Lyrne recolored or is that just the lighting? :P

Edited by Greatness101

@StarCrusher96 I'll let you deal with the loudmouth on the installation guide.

l5bjSii.png?1This is here for the record. The original post will be deleted within 24 hours in accordance to the community rules of the KSS Wiki.

A reminder to everyone on this forum page: If you want something to be changed/improved we'll be glad to hear you out if you ask like a decent human being. Starcrusher made this amazing mod for you. He didn't have to, but he did. So the least you could do is ask nicely.

Most planet packs don't even have wikis. Be grateful for that, too.

Edited by Greatness101

1 hour ago, Greatness101 said:

@StarCrusher96 I'll let you deal with the loudmouth on the installation guide.

l5bjSii.png?1This is here for the record. The original post will be deleted within 24 hours in accordance to the community rules of the KSS Wiki.

A reminder to everyone on this forum page: If you want something to be changed/improved we'll be glad to hear you out if you ask like a decent human being. Starcrusher made this amazing mod for you. He didn't have to, but he did. So the least you could do is ask nicely.

Most planet packs don't even have wikis. Be grateful for that, too.

How rude of this fool!

Some people understand nothing. Period.

"The ability to speak does not make one intelligent." - Qui Gon Jinn

1 hour ago, Greatness101 said:

Man it feels good to exercise my admin powers

Hahaha :sticktongue:

Just now, Wilhelm Kerman said:

The user was an anonymous fandom user and not a registered fandom user. How does the ban work on anonymous people?

I'm not exactly sure. I think the IP address cycles after a certain amount of time, so we can't keep him off for as long as we'd like.

Either way his comment will be deleted and there'll be no damage done.

Just now, Greatness101 said:

I'm not exactly sure. I think the IP address cycles after a certain amount of time, so we can't keep him off for as long as we'd like.

Either way his comment will be deleted and there'll be no damage done.

I don't see why so many people find installing mods hard. When they are having trouble though, I have NEVER seen anyone behave like that.

5 minutes ago, Wilhelm Kerman said:

The user was an anonymous fandom user and not a registered fandom user. How does the ban work on anonymous people?

I looked at his profile and I think the IP Banning should be effective for the specified amount of time. If that's not the case then we've found a serious flaw with Wikia :P

2 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

I changed the colorscheme of Lyrne to match the others more. 

Cool, I like it! Now the color gradient will be totally smooth when Laevo is added in.

6 minutes ago, Wilhelm Kerman said:

I have a suggestion about Voon. Perhaps you can add some more storms on it?

We'll consider it since you asked respectfully. :)

16 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

Kerbos System

-vacuums the gas-

* moons not included

holy kraken this is amazing

sadly I can't view its full beauty when it comes out because only 12GB of RAM so no visuals

but still awesome

Edit: wait...Telos? *calls gameslinx*

Edited by Saltshaker

6 hours ago, Saltshaker said:

sadly I can't view its full beauty when it comes out because only 12GB of RAM so no visuals

Removing moons that you will never visit can help your ram. You can also 'force DX11' which seems to reduce the amount of ram used by a lot. I run Basic with scatterer (something I would never normally be able to do) and it works with minimal lag.

On 2/7/2018 at 3:16 PM, Wilhelm Kerman said:

The Venture Star in Avatar had its engines the other way round for stability. After its engines did the burn to get there, it would spin around and use several extremely thin shields to protect itself from the Earth based lasers that would power the first bit of the journey by pushing a 16x16km solar sail. I think. :)

So actually, the flight pattern is quite interesting. When departing earth, it would not use its engines. It would use the solar sail, which is indeed several kilometers in size. Lasers would push the vessel up to 70% of light speed. The shield would protect the vessel from the laser. Then it would turn around so that the shield (which is the back of the ship) would be at the front of the ship, acting as a whipple shield to protect it from interstellar debris. Upon arriving at Pandora, it would use its enormous engines to slow it down from cruising speed. Then it would refuel using hydrogen from Polyphemus (the gas giant). It would depart Pandora using the engines and slow down at Earth using the solar sail. The sail is never shown in the movie because it is stowed away during cruise.

56 minutes ago, Sahadara said:

So actually, the flight pattern is quite interesting. When departing earth, it would not use its engines. It would use the solar sail, which is indeed several kilometers in size. Lasers would push the vessel up to 70% of light speed. The shield would protect the vessel from the laser. Then it would turn around so that the shield (which is the back of the ship) would be at the front of the ship, acting as a whipple shield to protect it from interstellar debris. Upon arriving at Pandora, it would use its enormous engines to slow it down from cruising speed. Then it would refuel using hydrogen from Polyphemus (the gas giant). It would depart Pandora using the engines and slow down at Earth using the solar sail. The sail is never shown in the movie because it is stowed away during cruise.

Yeah. It would be so cool if laser arrays and gigantic solar sails were possible in KSP :P

Amazing mod.

But there is one thing I am wondering about.

How is it that you replace the stock planets with revamped ones?

I am starting to use kopernicus and am wondering how this is done.

In GPO how gameslikx did it was with the GPO config file in the folder that had the phrase (!Body[Kerbin] {})

I'm wondering how you did it since I can't find a file like this I your mod.

Keep up the good work.

One of my favorite planet mods.

Can't wait until future versions and the new planets they bring.

BTW, Keep people like the Loud Mouth Jar-Jar shown in one of the comments above off the Wiki. It annoys me that people do this and disrespect the developers. This is why we can't have nice things.

Edited by Jeb's Fireworks Guy

3 hours ago, Sahadara said:

You should get the book 'Science of Avatar' by Stephan Baxter.

I think that the engines powered a bit at the end of the initial propulsion.

2 hours ago, Greatness101 said:

Yeah. It would be so cool if laser arrays and gigantic solar sails were possible in KSP :P

Maybe with some ground based laser from Kerbal Konstructs, or it would have to be parts.

1 hour ago, Wilhelm Kerman said:

You should get the book 'Science of Avatar' by Stephan Baxter.

I think that the engines powered a bit at the end of the initial propulsion.

Maybe with some ground based laser from Kerbal Konstructs, or it would have to be parts.

K S P  I N T E R S T E L L A R  E X T E N D E D

S

P

I

E

8 hours ago, Greatness101 said:

Should we change the name?

Just name it 'Telus' or 'Lenvas'