[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

StarCrusher96

Kaptain’s Log, Kapril 19, 4097

Morning-

We’ve arrived at the orbit of Blalo. I woke up earlier to the sound of my alarm clock screeching at me. I arose, and looked out my window. We were passing Blalo’s terminator, the lights from various colonies visible on the surface. Alar was visible, just peaking out from behind its primary. As I changed into my uniform, I noticed several shuttles departing for Alar, no doubt for the Yyvota Hot Springs Spa and Resort. Shortly thereafter, another fleet departed for the surface of Blalo, most likely Trota City. I asked my page to bring me a cup of coffee and some breakfast. Thirty minutes later, here I am still waiting while I read the data pad. First Mate Lodlim walks in the door, handing me a cup of coffee. I inquired where my page is, to which he didn’t have an answer. I’ll have to find him later...

Midday-

Most of the passengers have departed now. I believe Mrs. Geoffrey is in the clinic. Now that we’ve decelerated into orbit around Blalo, the gravity in the ship is once more nonexistent. Doc says that she needs to get down to the surface, and asked if she could ride in my shuttle. I said fine, it’ll only be a 20 minute ride anyway. 

0:32 PM- KSS Hyperion Transport Shuttle J41

“The computer is about to commence the deorbit and landing sequence. Strap in please.” The attendant went back into the cockpit to talk to the captain. The descent typically has sustained forces of 4Gs. The pilot is worried about Mrs. Geoffrey. They’re going to try a shallow descent profile. As the throttle kicks in, we were pushed gently into our seats. The pilot came over the intercom: “Atmospheric reentry in 6 minutes. Make sure all belongings are strapped securely down.” Mrs. Geoffrey looked nervous. She had lived on Kerbin her whole life, she told me. Now suddenly she was moving to Blalo, a whole new frontier. Suddenly, the music being played on the intercom stopped. We were entering atmosphere. I tightened mine and Mrs. Geoffrey’s harness. I looked outside the window. Plasma began licking at the sides of it. The sound of rushing air filled the cabin. Things soon began to calm down. I felt the vibrations as the landing gear extended. I felt the bump as we landed. I looked outside. Kars and Towers filled my view. Trota City, The City of a Thousand Languages.

Evening-

I flopped on my bed. I had to translate five languages to check into this hotel; the 5-Star Hotel Troneck. I contemplated what I need to do tomorrow, before promptly passing out. Shore leave, thank Kerm.

Kopernicus was not able to load Rilna. Any ideas why?

[LOG 09:58:51]: Exception Was Recorded: Argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: type
  at System.Activator.CheckType (System.Type type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type, Boolean nonPublic) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Kopernicus.Parser.LoadCollectionMemberFromConfigurationNode (System.Reflection.MemberInfo member, System.Object o, .ConfigNode node, System.String configName, Boolean getChilds) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Kopernicus.Parser.LoadObjectFromConfigurationNode (System.Object o, .ConfigNode node, System.String configName, Boolean getChilds) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Kopernicus.Parser.LoadObjectMemberFromConfigurationNode (System.Reflection.MemberInfo member, System.Object o, .ConfigNode node, System.String configName, Boolean getChilds) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Kopernicus.Parser.LoadObjectFromConfigurationNode (System.Object o, .ConfigNode node, System.String configName, Boolean getChilds) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader.Kopernicus.IParserEventSubscriber.PostApply (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

8 hours ago, TheDeviousDuck said:

[LOG 09:58:51]: Exception Was Recorded: Argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: type
  at System.Activator.CheckType (System.Type type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type, Boolean nonPublic) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Kopernicus.Parser.LoadCollectionMemberFromConfigurationNode (System.Reflection.MemberInfo member, System.Object o, .ConfigNode node, System.String configName, Boolean getChilds) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Kopernicus.Parser.LoadObjectMemberFromConfigurationNode (System.Reflection.MemberInfo member, System.Object o, .ConfigNode node, System.String configName, Boolean getChilds) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader.Kopernicus.IParserEventSubscriber.PostApply (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Had all my satellites disappear around the Mun^N.  I think this is a known issue with KSS?   Do bases/flags also disappear? 

It's a curious bug - I'm wondering how it happens.  Not a big deal though!  It's not like I don't have entire star systems to go out exploring :P

1 hour ago, Sarxis said:

Had all my satellites disappear around the Mun^N.  I think this is a known issue with KSS?   Do bases/flags also disappear? 

It's a curious bug - I'm wondering how it happens.  Not a big deal though!  It's not like I don't have entire star systems to go out exploring :P

This is a known bug caused by Karkua. It is fixed in the 0.8 update :P

Currently making Mun maps, but I'm a dum-dum who forgot I had to orbit other bodies 5 minutes ago for their maps.

mun's not even done refreshing looks amazing already

hoLY mOLy

biome map can't load fast enough

Edited by Saltshaker

Also feel free to use them on the wiki, just credit me (not even in the map-tion, at the bottom of the page even)

EDIT: Comparing the heightmap and biome map, Kilanus Mons (the terrain feature) is way off Kilanus Mons (the biome)

EDIT 2: There's also a terrain-biome error on Dres

Edited by Saltshaker

4 hours ago, Saltshaker said:

Also feel free to use them on the wiki, just credit me (not even in the map-tion, at the bottom of the page even)

EDIT: Comparing the heightmap and biome map, Kilanus Mons (the terrain feature) is way off Kilanus Mons (the biome)

I’m working on a new biome map for duna.

On 2/17/2018 at 11:02 AM, TheDeviousDuck said:

If you are using Kopernicus 1.3.1-4 or newer (basically, the "latest") then you need to get 1.3.1-3 or older. If you are using older Kopernicus then use the thread that was linked in the previous reply to you. Help the modder to help you.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

36 minutes ago, Devan kerman said:

hey, what happened to to the terraformed duna?

:( been a while since I've checked in on this mod :P

Terraformed Duna is being delayed for a future update because of reasons. It'll return :)

It you really want to play Terraformed Duna, you can install the 0.6 version, but it comes with a chance of possibly breaking the game if visuals are installed, so be careful!

18 hours ago, TheSpacePotato said:

This is a known bug caused by Karkua. It is fixed in the 0.8 update :P

I noticed that Karkua is listed in my scansat list, but I don't even know what Karkua is!  Is it a planet?

-edit- 

Oh, looking at the front page, it's the super black hole! 

Edited by Sarxis