[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

StarCrusher96

On 26/02/2018 at 8:00 PM, VirtualGaming said:

Just Notice this that the vanilla Planets (defaults) is getting sun light from Karkua or the creator not from its own star. ex the star for kerbin is on the other side of the planet then were it is getting the sun light. but the added Planet for Karbol is getting sun light from it.

Do you have installed normally? So in your gamedata folder? If so, delete the configs for the planets (and Laythe, it is in the planets folder). It should work.

Also make sure you have KSS_Scatterer installed, or else nothing will be 'scattered'.

On 2/22/2018 at 10:18 AM, Cortwade said:

Computer Output, 00:21AM 7/30/97

Vessel info: KSL Hyperion. Passengers, 493

Running computer self check. Kell Inspire v.28, Nickname “Otto Pylot” 

Self check complete. 1 Virus detected.

File name, A11

Subfile name, CR34T0R

Virus type, malicious.

Erradicating,

Erradication failed.

Attempt two.

Erradication failed. 

Contacting virus deletion service.

Signal terminated.

Thrust to 0%

WARNING! ARTIFICIAL GRAVITY AT 0G

Orbit information: Orbiting the All

Beginning Hohmann Transfer to Creator

End log.

Oh, my...

On 2/20/2018 at 11:51 PM, Greatness101 said:

You need kopernicus version 1.3.1-3

Where to get that??

13 hours ago, Greatness101 said:

Search up "Kopernicus 1.3.1-3" and click on the github page. Scroll down until you see it :P

'Kay, and by the way, the download question was supposed to be a separate post. "Oh, my" was for that computer log. Oh, my.

Thanks, Greatness101! And by the way, I love this mod. :D

Edited by HansonKerman

On 3/2/2018 at 12:47 AM, Wilhelm Kerman said:

Do you have installed normally? So in your gamedata folder? If so, delete the configs for the planets (and Laythe, it is in the planets folder). It should work.

Also make sure you have KSS_Scatterer installed, or else nothing will be 'scattered'.

Speaking of “scattered” , I don’t know if it’s my position to say this, but for anyone that doesn’t know, Korlon’s nebula is part of the Korlon sun flare, so you will need KSS_Scatterer to get that nebula.

2 hours ago, HansonKerman said:

Speaking of “scattered” , I don’t know if it’s my position to say this, but for anyone that doesn’t know, Korlon’s nebula is part of the Korlon sun flare, so you will need KSS_Scatterer to get that nebula.

Correct :P

On 03/03/2018 at 11:24 PM, HansonKerman said:

I think I asked the devs that before I was a 'Protodev'. Maybe several months ago?

Edited by Wilhelm Kerman

2 hours ago, Wilhelm Kerman said:

Does anyone think it is possible to have Korlon's nebula as a corona, so it doesn't require scatterer?

1. Probably impossible

2. Wouldn't look very good anyway

If only there was a visual mod for volumetric space clouds :P

Kerbal Astronomical Society Planet Logs; Kerbin

Kerbin is a beautiful world. From the vast plains, to the soaring mountains, it's our home. Our species, Kerbalkind, has had a long history on this world. From the Kold War between Kleptogart and the Ussari Union, to the great Roamin' Empire, no other world has a culture as rich as this. The history of Kerbin can be told briefly, but there's so much history to explore on this small, little world.

Before Kerbalkind existed, before life even existed, there was a cloud of gas. Over the eons, this cloud contracted into an ever shrinking ball of searing plasma. Eventually, that ball ignited into flame. Around that ball were four rocky worlds; three of which were in the habitable zone. Bathed in the light of it's new star, the three planets began a new saga. The planet Eve was the closest to the newborn star. It was hot, but bearable. Large water oceans covered it's surface, and many believe it was a beautiful sight to behold. However, as time progressed, the planet heated up, and entered a runaway greenhouse state, and became uninhabitable. The planet Duna was the farthest from its star. In the past it was covered in its northern hemisphere by a large, cold ocean. While it wasn't as tropical as Eve once was, it was habitable. However, due to its small size, it began to cool, and its magnetic field ceased to protect the planet from the ionizing rays of its sun; it became uninhabitable. Through all of this, Kerbin, the middle planet, persevered, and thrived.

Life on Kerbin took root in its seas, and thrived. Eventually, after millions of years, plant and animal life moved onto it's continents. After billions of years, sentient life known as Kerbals began to evolve, and progressed into our spacefaring race. The history of Kerbals, however, was not a straight trip to space. It was fraught with war, death, and famine. The advent of nuclear weaponry in the mid 3900's nearly destroyed all life on the planet. However, in the late 3900's and early 4000's saw total global peace for the first time in history; the waring nation-states of Cermia even united. That was the moment we turned to the stars, and saw for the first time that life was not unique to our little world. It was common, and on each world it was on, it was unique. While we have not yet found our equals in the stars, perhaps they are on one of those habitable worlds?

~Written by Bobfrey H. Kerman

2 hours ago, Cortwade said:

Kerbal Astronomical Society Planet Logs; Kerbin

Kerbin is a beautiful world. From the vast plains, to the soaring mountains, it's our home. Our species, Kerbalkind, has had a long history on this world. From the Kold War between Kleptogart and the Ussari Union, to the great Roamin' Empire, no other world has a culture as rich as this. The history of Kerbin can be told briefly, but there's so much history to explore on this small, little world.

Before Kerbalkind existed, before life even existed, there was a cloud of gas. Over the eons, this cloud contracted into an ever shrinking ball of searing plasma. Eventually, that ball ignited into flame. Around that ball were four rocky worlds; three of which were in the habitable zone. Bathed in the light of it's new star, the three planets began a new saga. The planet Eve was the closest to the newborn star. It was hot, but bearable. Large water oceans covered it's surface, and many believe it was a beautiful sight to behold. However, as time progressed, the planet heated up, and entered a runaway greenhouse state, and became uninhabitable. The planet Duna was the farthest from its star. In the past it was covered in its northern hemisphere by a large, cold ocean. While it wasn't as tropical as Eve once was, it was habitable. However, due to its small size, it began to cool, and its magnetic field ceased to protect the planet from the ionizing rays of its sun; it became uninhabitable. Through all of this, Kerbin, the middle planet, persevered, and thrived.

Life on Kerbin took root in its seas, and thrived. Eventually, after millions of years, plant and animal life moved onto it's continents. After billions of years, sentient life known as Kerbals began to evolve, and progressed into our spacefaring race. The history of Kerbals, however, was not a straight trip to space. It was fraught with war, death, and famine. The advent of nuclear weaponry in the mid 3900's nearly destroyed all life on the planet. However, in the late 3900's and early 4000's saw total global peace for the first time in history; the waring nation-states of Cermia even united. That was the moment we turned to the stars, and saw for the first time that life was not unique to our little world. It was common, and on each world it was on, it was unique. While we have not yet found our equals in the stars, perhaps they are on one of those habitable worlds?

~Written by Bobfrey H. Kerman

Er... that’s Kerbin, Duna and Eve, not just Kerbin.

I'd like to take the chance to drop a little note especially to those of us who are not modders.

If you have KSS and-or other planet mods installed and you want KSP 1.4, be sure that you do not install, or have not installed 1.4. Remember that Kopernicus is version locked and will fail.

Do not come complaining here or at the Kopernicus developer because your game broke. You have had many occasions already to learn how to not let Steam update KSP by itself, and to wait for Kopernicus to catch up.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

8 hours ago, HansonKerman said:

Er... that’s Kerbin, Duna and Eve, not just Kerbin.

It is mainly Kerbin, as it is the main point of the report.

I was just thinking, maybe this could be added to Kerbin's wiki page?

Edited by Wilhelm Kerman

8 hours ago, Wilhelm Kerman said:

It is mainly Kerbin, as it is the main point of the report.

I was just thinking, maybe this could be added to Kerbin's wiki page?

Well, most of this is fictional, not sure if @StarCrusher96 would want it in a factual wiki

I am attempting to install this mod, on a 1.3.1 Kerbal Space Program install, but I am having trouble.

While this mod specifically calls out needing Kopernicus 1.3 1-3, I was only able to find the newest release (1.3 1-7) and an obsolete version (1.2 something)

I tried installing 1-7 anyway, in case it was backward compatable, and upon loading the main menu I recieved an error message that Kopernicus couldnt find any planet packs, though they are installed under KSS/Kopernicus files as instructed.

1 hour ago, Rakaydos said:

I am attempting to install this mod, on a 1.3.1 Kerbal Space Program install, but I am having trouble.

While this mod specifically calls out needing Kopernicus 1.3 1-3, I was only able to find the newest release (1.3 1-7) and an obsolete version (1.2 something)

I tried installing 1-7 anyway, in case it was backward compatable, and upon loading the main menu I recieved an error message that Kopernicus couldnt find any planet packs, though they are installed under KSS/Kopernicus files as instructed.

That’s because you need 1.3.1-3. 

https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/releases

If it still is giving you the error, then you likely have the mod installed incorrectly.

Same error.

"Kopernicus was not able to load the custom planetary system due to an exception in the loading process."

Do I still have it installed wrong, or is my computer just too weak to run it?

(Will edit with log and kopernicus folder)

4 minutes ago, Rakaydos said:

Same error.

"Kopernicus was not able to load the custom planetary system due to an exception in the loading process."

Do I still have it installed wrong, or is my computer just too weak to run it?

(Will edit with log and kopernicus folder)

Check out this page to see if you're doing everything right:

http://kerbal-star-systems.wikia.com/wiki/Installation_Guide

Kerbal Astronomical Society Planet Logs; Taythe

Taythe is an interesting world. It's full of life, strange creatures and countless riches in Cantfindium. While its atmosphere might be deadly if breathed, it is a prime candidate for colonization, which is why the under-construction A.R.K. Intrepid will be heading there in about half a year. Taythe was born out of several unlikely events, which, along with its brother Sulph and sister Vesp, make the Mirn lunar system a prime candidate for interstellar exploration.

The story of Taythe begins roughly 4.5 billion years ago. Similar to Kerbol, Kirb was born out of a spinning gaseous cloud of material. Far off in that cloud, another star was born too, but we'll get back to that later. Around Kirb were several planets, including the infamous Ilve. But the planets that are currently around Kirb weren't always there, they were much different. The majority of the planets were much farther out. However, over time and due to gaseous drag, the planets of Vael and Mirn migrated inwards, destroying any planets close to Kirb. However, Dalne and Ilve were dragged inward along with the two gaseous giants, and were safe. Over time, the migration ceased, and the planets stabilized in the positions they are in now. Eventually, around Mirn, five moons formed; Hesmin, Sulph, Taythe, Vesp, and Irnil. 

Vesp was the first moon to have life on it, albeit very primitive. While it's not clear how the life became extinct, and the world became what it is today, microbial fossils are extremely similar, although more primitive, then the oldest bacterial samples on Taythe. Taythe, protected by a magnetic field and tidal heating, maintained its atmosphere while Vesp lost its own. Under a new, more protective atmosphere, the Vespian microbes thrived, and eventually evolved into the complex life that is there today, including the now-extinct Ka'vi, which brings us to our next topic. The strangely non-decomposed Ka'vi corpses that have been recovered show a strange appendage that can connect with other lifeforms, such as the Kirehorses that inhabit the world. Kerbal scientists are unsure of what this connection does, but it appears similar to the theorized neural network that covers Taythe, meaning that the planet itself might be alive and sentient. 

The scientific interests and the possible billions in Cantfindium make Taythe a very enticing destination. Many companies have started programs to colonize and mine Taythe, but strangely animals keep destroying any probe or piece of equipment sent down before colonization. Some people think that perhaps the planet itself is making the animals do this, but that is unlikely. So, in conclusion, Taythe is a very interesting world, full of adventure and mystery, and with the upcoming departure of the A.R.K. Intrepid, we will soon find out much more about this strange little moon, around a strange little planet.

~Written by Cort W. Kerman

Edited by Cortwade