[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

StarCrusher96

7 hours ago, Bonbo said:

I downloaded KSS and planets and scatterer work fine but kerbol system clouds don't work
The clouds for other systems work but the kerbol system planets don't work

*sigh*

Reinstall everything, (excepts KSP) and try again. There are so many comments saying this, and 75% of them are caused by incorrect installations or similar things.

You must have one hell of a computer to be able to handle KSS, scatterer and EVE!

Does this still work in current version of KSP?

I'm trying to setup a Mod build with interstellar and use this as my other star systems. I have Kopernicus installed and KSS basic, I have the star systems I want in my gamedata folder. it seems to load the planets during boot but When I go into my career save(new after mod install) I cant see any other systems from the tracking station?

Any Idea what I may be doing wrong. I can post screenshots of game data folder if needed.

Thanks! excited to try this mod as it seems quite in depth.

Edit: I also have the 1.3.1-3  version of Kopernicus as I read that was the compatible version.

Edited by MaestroHS

I think i installed it wrong because clouds don't show up for Eve and Kerbin, but show up for Laho and all other star systems

Scatterer works fine though

(The KSS clouds located in the kopernicus files is the clouds settings for the Nova Kirbani System)

(KSSS clouds is KSS_Setting_Kerbol_Extended.cfg)
https://imgur.com/a/wDDp5

Edited by Bonbo

13 hours ago, MaestroHS said:

Does this still work in current version of KSP?

I'm trying to setup a Mod build with interstellar and use this as my other star systems. I have Kopernicus installed and KSS basic, I have the star systems I want in my gamedata folder. it seems to load the planets during boot but When I go into my career save(new after mod install) I cant see any other systems from the tracking station?

Any Idea what I may be doing wrong. I can post screenshots of game data folder if needed.

Thanks! excited to try this mod as it seems quite in depth.

Edit: I also have the 1.3.1-3  version of Kopernicus as I read that was the compatible version.

Kerbal Star Systems is currently compatible with 1.3.1, but not the latest version, 1.4. For that we need to wait for Kopernicus to update to 1.4

6 hours ago, tallon43 said:

Am I allowed to remove all the extra stars? If so, will it decrease the performance hit I take and the loading time? Also, how would I do it

You will have to get an answer from Starcrusher96, I think you are allowed, but he is the creator behind KSS. (Exclude descriptions, sciencedefs, and several ideas for some systems).

Go into Kopernicus files and delete them. DO NOT however delete The All or Kerbol.

I tried this ages ago in 0.6 and the game didn't load, I must have done something wrong, but I never tried again.

Planets (from what I have heard) are the main cause behind RAM usage. Deleting them will do something, but very compared to if you deleted the Mesmo system, for example.

Edited by Wilhelm Kerman

On 3/8/2018 at 3:01 PM, Cortwade said:

Kerbal Astronomical Society Planet Logs; Taythe

Taythe is an interesting world. It's full of life, strange creatures and countless riches in Cantfindium. While its atmosphere might be deadly if breathed, it is a prime candidate for colonization, which is why the under-construction A.R.K. Intrepid will be heading there in about half a year. Taythe was born out of several unlikely events, which, along with its brother Sulph and sister Vesp, make the Mirn lunar system a prime candidate for interstellar exploration.

The story of Taythe begins roughly 4.5 billion years ago. Similar to Kerbol, Kirb was born out of a spinning gaseous cloud of material. Far off in that cloud, another star was born too, but we'll get back to that later. Around Kirb were several planets, including the infamous Ilve. But the planets that are currently around Kirb weren't always there, they were much different. The majority of the planets were much farther out. However, over time and due to gaseous drag, the planets of Vael and Mirn migrated inwards, destroying any planets close to Kirb. However, Dalne and Ilve were dragged inward along with the two gaseous giants, and were safe. Over time, the migration ceased, and the planets stabilized in the positions they are in now. Eventually, around Mirn, five moons formed; Hesmin, Sulph, Taythe, Vesp, and Irnil. 

Vesp was the first moon to have life on it, albeit very primitive. While it's not clear how the life became extinct, and the world became what it is today, microbial fossils are extremely similar, although more primitive, then the oldest bacterial samples on Taythe. Taythe, protected by a magnetic field and tidal heating, maintained its atmosphere while Vesp lost its own. Under a new, more protective atmosphere, the Vespian microbes thrived, and eventually evolved into the complex life that is there today, including the now-extinct Ka'vi, which brings us to our next topic. The strangely non-decomposed Ka'vi corpses that have been recovered show a strange appendage that can connect with other lifeforms, such as the Kirehorses that inhabit the world. Kerbal scientists are unsure of what this connection does, but it appears similar to the theorized neural network that covers Taythe, meaning that the planet itself might be alive and sentient. 

The scientific interests and the possible billions in Cantfindium make Taythe a very enticing destination. Many companies have started programs to colonize and mine Taythe, but strangely animals keep destroying any probe or piece of equipment sent down before colonization. Some people think that perhaps the planet itself is making the animals do this, but that is unlikely. So, in conclusion, Taythe is a very interesting world, full of adventure and mystery, and with the upcoming departure of the A.R.K. Intrepid, we will soon find out much more about this strange little moon, around a strange little planet.

~Written by Cort W. Kerman

Oh, niiice! Tell Cort thanks for me!

Oooh, I haven’t downloaded yet, but according to the wiki, you made science reports for most bodies! It probably nearly killed you, but I can’t wait!

it’ll probably take me ages to get there for profit though. Gene’s gonna be so mad...

Those last two paragraphs were supposed to be separate...

Edited by HansonKerman

18 hours ago, tallon43 said:

Am I allowed to remove all the extra stars? If so, will it decrease the performance hit I take and the loading time? Also, how would I do it

Yes, you can remove all the stars except for The All and Kerbol without breaking the game. It wouldn't affect the performance very much, though :P

I have absolutely no idea what's wrong, but KSS doesn't seem to want to work for me.
I've reverted KSP to 1.3.1 on Steam, installed Kopernicus manually and with CKAN, and that seems to work with no issues.
Every time i install the basic KSS 0.7.3 gamedata, my game will give me an error message* on the main menu and won't let me load or make a new save (black screen with infinite loading).
Is this likely a KSS or kopernicus problem?

*- "Kopernicus was not able to load the custom planetary system due to an exception in the loading process. Loading your savegame is nor recommended, because the missing planets could corrupt it and delete your progress."

Edited by Murlocman

5 hours ago, Murlocman said:

I have absolutely no idea what's wrong, but KSS doesn't seem to want to work for me.
I've reverted KSP to 1.3.1 on Steam, installed Kopernicus manually and with CKAN, and that seems to work with no issues.
Every time i install the basic KSS 0.7.3 gamedata, my game will give me an error message* on the main menu and won't let me load or make a new save (black screen with infinite loading).
Is this likely a KSS or kopernicus problem?

*- "Kopernicus was not able to load the custom planetary system due to an exception in the loading process. Loading your savegame is nor recommended, because the missing planets could corrupt it and delete your progress."

Are you using the correct version of Kopernicus? The latest version doesn't work with KSS.

I'm about as mad as i am happy that it was just the wrong version of Kopernicus this entire time.

If anyone else has the same loveup, there's a difference between kopernicus 1.3.1-3 and 1.3.1-6. I just didn't even notice the different number. Finding the older version was slightly annoying and out of the way, which is honestly most of why i goofed here.

Cheers <3

Edited by Murlocman
last comment wasn't needed, decided to replace it with this

Hey Guys got it working mostly. It was a due to using ksp.1.4 for me. Then also realizing I need to let my game go not responding when loading the game for 10 min then it loads lol.

I cant seem to get the Kelaris system to work. I see that's its supposed to have two planets around Kerbos but I don't see anything around that one or the other two. All other systems I loaded seem to work fine.

On 3/11/2018 at 8:29 AM, HansonKerman said:

Oooh, I haven’t downloaded yet, but according to the wiki, you made science reports for most bodies! It probably nearly killed you, but I can’t wait!

Well bodies are being made faster than we can write for them, but we do have the Nova Kirbani System finished and most of the Kerbol System done. By 0.8 we should have the Kerolon System finished :P

9 hours ago, MaestroHS said:

I cant seem to get the Kelaris system to work. I see that's its supposed to have two planets around Kerbos but I don't see anything around that one or the other two. All other systems I loaded seem to work fine.

Kelaris System hasn't been released yet. It's slated for KSS 0.8

12 hours ago, MaestroHS said:

The Kelaris System isn't finished yet (like the Nessus System). The planets you see on the wiki are just what they'll look like when 0.8 eventually is released. For a full list of things that are expected to come out please check out this page :P

http://kerbal-star-systems.wikia.com/wiki/Planned_Features

On 13/03/2018 at 2:01 PM, Mat van Kerman said:

Will 0.8 be for KSP 1.4.1?

Doubt it. We still have some Kerolon sciencedefs to get done, 1.4.1 is coming out within about a week (I think). But yes, eventually it will be if 1.5 doesn’t come out before around April.

I think @StarCrusher96 was planning to have 0.8 work with 1.3.1, with whatever the latest version of Kopernicus was available, but with the sudden release of 1.4, it will be slightly longer.

edit; Kerlen to Kerolon

Edited by Wilhelm Kerman
whoops

3 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I'm expecting KSS 0.8 to work fine in KSP 1.3.1 and 1.4.1. Kopernicus is usually highly backward compatible, and has passed its phase of delivering planet-breaking changes........ Or is it? :sticktongue:

nah not for KSS :P