[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

StarCrusher96

2 hours ago, nismobg said:

Is it me or is it really hard to download these files from GitHub, I keep getting failed downloads.

What are you downloading it on? Some of the systems can take a while to download if your computer isn't powerful enough.

9 hours ago, Gyrfalcon5 said:

Lookin' good as always! Now, for the rest of the team that may or may not be reading this, plus some new members I'm sure, I'm back. Sorta. Since I was gone for so long, I've been honorably discharged by @StarCrusher96 and have left the KSS team officially. Of course I'm a little sad to go, but I'm so impressed at the progress you have made in my absence and I can safely say that I am still very fond of the KSS crew and their work. Now I'm not asking for a memorial, as I did mostly flavor/behind-the-scenes things, but I just wanted to thank you all for the opportunities you gave me to be active in the KSP community and begin modding even in the face of the monster that is TakeTwo.

I'm not disappearing though; You can expect me to hang around here for a while. :P  

Nevermind, I'm back on the Team!

I love the giant thank you paragraph then;

NEVERMIND IGNORE THAT IM BACK BABY!

On 26.03.2018 at 5:43 PM, StarCrusher96 said:

Kerolon - new coronas

screenshot77.png?dl=1

I can't find any words... It's... Awesome! Can't wait for an update 0.8! Unfortunately Kopernicus is still not released. :(

Edited by Davian Lin

1 minute ago, Wilhelm Kerman said:

Perhaps if the KSS team go into hyper mode it could be out by easter monday. Otherwise it will be out mid April - mid May. :)

It was meant to be out before the end of February!

Really it doesn't matter what the rest of the KSS Team does. Starcrusher has his own schedule and he does all the modding.

Whether or not the sciencedefs will be completed for Kerolon by the time 0.8 comes out is another matter.

2 hours ago, Greatness101 said:

Whether or not the sciencedefs will be completed for Kerolon by the time 0.8 comes out is another matter.

Is there a set date for 0.8 release on StarCrusher's schedule?

Edited by Wilhelm Kerman

11 hours ago, Wilhelm Kerman said:

Is there a set date for 0.8 release on StarCrusher's schedule?

That's for him to know and for everyone else to find out :wink:

As for us, we just write sciencedefs until they're all done (by 1.0 is our deadline)

Edited by TheSpacePotato

2 hours ago, TheSpacePotato said:

That's for him to know and for everyone else to find out :wink:

As for us, we just write sciencedefs until they're all done (by 1.0 is our deadline)

So everyone is gone when 1.0 is released?

There is still the alleged expansion pack

11 minutes ago, TheSpacePotato said:

No we're still on the team :P there's always more work to do

Yay! :)

8 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

KSS is actively expanding and is modular already. An expansion pack in the pure sense cannot be done for KSS. :wink: 

It is mensioned on the planned features page a version of the Kermes Cluster millions of years earlier.

10 minutes ago, Wilhelm Kerman said:

It is mensioned on the planned features page a version of the Kermes Cluster millions of years earlier.

I sure hope StarCrusher has no plans other than cosmetic value with this. Writing science for all of that is not an appealing idea in the slightest.

Travels of the Hyperion, Part One

(So I finally made a new save where I FINALLY GOT A WORKING ARK!!!11!1!)

Jeb was the last one to get in. He climbed the stairs through the processing lab, Science Sr., and two he3 tanks. He sat at the controls of the Hyperion, ready to explore the expanses of Jool and eventually the Nova Kirbani system. He called mission control. Suddenly, the two huge rockets on the side of the Hyperion ignited, boosting the huge ship gently to an altitude of 250km. After the intial 1.2 gee climb, Jeb turned on the plasma fusion engine, and reduced its thrust to a mere 20%, due to issues with symmetry. The peri- and then apoapsis eventually climbed to 500km. After circularization, the onboard computer then computed (puns!) a fast, though inefficient, hohmann transfer to Jool, in order to shakedown the vessel for its long journey to Nova Kirbani. The maneuver would be in 190 days... no problem, however. With large amounts of room and several recreational areas, the ship was more than equipped for long term travel. 

190 days later, the ship began its 12 minute burn that put it on its course towards the great green jewel. After some tinkering, the periapsis got within the Joolian moonar system, and a maneuver was planned to put the ark into orbit, and then set the inclination. After scooping some helium 3 to refuel, the ship would be more than prepared to reach its first destination; Mirn.

5 hours ago, Wilhelm Kerman said:

Is this a new version? Or the one in the trailer that has 2 reverse plasma engines that I seem to have missed.

It's an official image of the ship for it to be put on the wiki + tutorial for anyone trying to build it + probably improved from the original :P

43 minutes ago, TheSpacePotato said:

It's an official image of the ship for it to be put on the wiki + tutorial for anyone trying to build it + probably improved from the original :P

Ok, because this one doesn’t have the micrometeorite shield. :)

12 hours ago, Wilhelm Kerman said:

Is this a new version? Or the one in the trailer that has 2 reverse plasma engines that I seem to have missed.

I changed the design :) it’s now able to use the engines at almost full thrust. But it has 2 instead of 4 now.

Edited by StarCrusher96