[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

StarCrusher96

5 hours ago, korniton said:

Im curious how do you keep connection with kerbin at a so far distance? A lot of relay networks? (Asking becasue I never played this mod and cant wait to start it on 1.4.x)

Another question, what kind of engines(ion) are you using in the picture gallery? 

And good job :D

I'm playing without the CommNet.

And so, I'm using stock engines, but with Ven's Stock Revamp.

I wish I found this mod earlier! This is like finding a 99.99% Pure 1 kg antimatter nugget in an earth-sized planet at the core... It's just... amazing. I'll be watching it closely for it to update to 1.4.1 so I can immediately add it to my playthrough.

I have tricked many people into giving me a higher reputation (now above @Cortwade) :P

Just now, SAS123 said:

I wish I found this mod earlier! This is like finding a 99.99% Pure 1 kg antimatter nugget in an earth-sized planet at the core... It's just... amazing. I'll be watching it closely for it to update to 1.4.1 so I can immediately add it to my playthrough.

I remember finding it in 0.6 form. It didn’t work however, as my computer couldn’t load it (it can now, for some reason).

I can PM you when it gets to 0.8 (1.4.2), if you want. :)

4 hours ago, Wilhelm Kerman said:

I have tricked many people into giving me a higher reputation (now above @Cortwade) :P

I remember finding it in 0.6 form. It didn’t work however, as my computer couldn’t load it (it can now, for some reason).

I can PM you when it gets to 0.8 (1.4.2), if you want. :)

Sure! That'll be great!

Downloading now. It seems really cool. I am reading the wiki articles about all the planets and moons in the new kerbol system, but not the other systems.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D finding this mod is like finding a moon of a rogue planet that has life 13 billion light years away when it is in the center of a galaxy!

16 hours ago, SAS123 said:

You and me both!

StarCrusher is the KSS God

Greatness is an idea maker

SpacePotato does code help

Gyrfalcon is a sciencedef machine

Wilhelm is a technical support wizard

and I occasionally do lore... and somehow I'm allowed on this dev team...

I love it!

2 hours ago, Cortwade said:

StarCrusher is the KSS God

Greatness is an idea maker

SpacePotato does code help

Gyrfalcon is a sciencedef machine

and I occasionally do lore... and somehow I'm allowed on this dev team...

I love it!

I thought I was the sciencedef machine :P I really don't do any coding with the mod other than sciencedefs and occasional bug testing

5 hours ago, TheSpacePotato said:

I thought I was the sciencedef machine :P

I would think of

it in a way like this:

@Itsdavyjones sneaks in and occasionally does surface samples,

@TheSpacePotato seems to do a small but constant stream of single, sometimes 2 sciencedefs (and when one instrument is left, he completes it).

@Gyrfalcon5 does one (sometimes 2) large amount of sciencedefs (in one sitting?).

@Wilhelm Kerman I dunno, someone else describe me. :wink:

7 hours ago, Cortwade said:

Really? I guess occasionally...? :)

On 03/04/2018 at 5:13 PM, Wilhelm Kerman said:

Perhaps tricking people will give me a lower reputation :(

But I think Cortwade deserves it more. :)

7 hours ago, Cortwade said:

And I occasionally do lore... and somehow I'm allowed on this dev team...

How did you get hired? You must have done something good. :)

Edited by Wilhelm Kerman

Hey guys!

I recently discovered this awesome mod, and i managed to make it run in 1.3.1 following the instructions provided in the readme.

However, i like to rescale stuff using the Sigma Dimension mod, but i can't manage to make it work.

I was wondering if anyone managed to run this mod with Sigma Dimensions and if so, what version/configs should i use?

I've tried running it with different versions of Kopernicus, but KSS only seems to work with 1.3.1-3. Any other version doesn't load properly. I also tried using different versions of Sigma Dimensions and Module Manager but to no avail :(

1 hour ago, The Rokh said:

However, i like to rescale stuff using the Sigma Dimension mod, but i can't manage to make it work.

It should work. It has (as far as I know) not been tested, but I don’t think that there are any obstacles.

Use the module Manager Version that comes with kopernicus. :)

9 hours ago, The Rokh said:

Hey guys!

I recently discovered this awesome mod, and i managed to make it run in 1.3.1 following the instructions provided in the readme.

I was wondering if anyone managed to run this mod with Sigma Dimensions and if so, what version/configs should i use?

I've tried running it with different versions of Kopernicus, but KSS only seems to work with 1.3.1-3. Any other version doesn't load properly. I also tried using different versions of Sigma Dimensions and Module Manager but to no avail :(

Sigma Dimensions compatibility is planned for a future update, but it doesn't work 100% at the moment. It'll be added in the future :)

Thanks for the replies!

So i tested out KSS with different Kopernicus and Sigma Dimensions versions, and interesting things happened:

- Trying to load KSS with any version of Kopernicus other than 1.3.1-3 results in the mod not loading at all. Of course, using the MM version that comes with Kopernicus.

- Trying to load KSS with Kopernicus 1.3.1-3 and Sigma Dimensions 0.9.6 or below breaks the game for me. It gets stuck on the loading script after you select a save/start a new game.

- Loading KSS with Kopernicus 1.3.1-3 and Sigma Dimensions 0.9.7 or above doesn't break the game, but strange things happen: It only scales EVE effects, such as clouds and aurora borealis.

Guess i'll play with default sizes for now. Waiting for that compatibility!

Edited by The Rokh
typo

3 hours ago, The Rokh said:

Guess i'll play with default sizes for now. Waiting for that compatibility!

Writing compatablility patches is always helpful. I once made one for RemoteTech, but I lost the cfg. I may rewrite it, as it isn’t that hard.

3 hours ago, arrow01 said:

thanks for your answer but i have the render quality to fantastic

Try reinstalling it, and turn up the texture quality.

8 hours ago, Wilhelm Kerman said:

Writing compatablility patches is always helpful. I once made one for RemoteTech, but I lost the cfg. I may rewrite it, as it isn’t that hard.

Try reinstalling it, and turn up the texture quality.

Ok I have made the album work (it didnt before)

There is nothing wrong with those clouds?! You are lucky to be playing KSS with visuals like that. :P

On 31/01/2018 at 12:14 PM, Wilhelm Kerman said:

I don't have a fandom account, so I'll post here.

I think that because of the similarities between many of the systems in the Kermes cluster, (notably Trappist 1, Alpha Centauri, Barnard's star,) that the Precursors were (or are) humans. I have seen many comments asking about turning the Kerbol system back into the stock system. They have always been met with angry developers that say time and time again that the modifications to the Kerbol system are a cruicial part of KSS lore.

I have found my furthest back post. (That I can find)

40 minutes ago, arrow01 said:

i play ksp whit kerbinside and using this mod the kerbin side launchpads "float" in air

how to use the default kerbin?

Unfortunately you don't.... KSS is nothing if it does not change the stock planets to not be excrement fit its intention and story.