[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

StarCrusher96

Alright, sorry too. I honestly did not mean to hurt you by disrespecting your work. I just thought it would be a good idea to give Kerbals a little sense of urgensy in exploring the galaxy (like After Kerbin does) :blush:

9 minutes ago, Gyrfalcon5 said:

But that would get rid of all the new Kerbol System stuff that we worked hard (mostly StarCrusher) to create. Just for you! It would only make since to put it around a different star and leave the Kerbol System to its own devices. Another thing: KSS has its own ingrained lore and story. Having Gameslinx's Before Kerbin lore in KSS and replacing the cool, new KSS stuff would sorta break that story. 

Short answer: Nope. Sorry.

Edited by Rover6428

2 minutes ago, Rover6428 said:

Alright, sorry too. I honestly did not mean to hurt you by disrespecting your work. I just thought it would be a good idea to give Kerbals a little sense of urgensy in exploring the galaxy (like After Kerbin does) :blush:

No hard feelings. Honestly, I didn't mean to make you feel bad either. :) If you're still interested in KSS and want that urgency, I recommend making up your own drive to the stars. I don't mean this to be a shameless plug, but Starstuff (in my signature) picks up that idea and runs with it. Maybe there's a plague that your Kerbonauts must work away from to escape it, or maybe some other motivation that I can't think of right now. It's up to you!

Or you could just play After Kerbin! KSS is free and optional, and you are a human being. (hopefully) The choice is yours.

Just now, Gyrfalcon5 said:

No hard feelings. Honestly, I didn't mean to make you feel bad either. :) If you're still interested in KSS and want that urgency, I recommend making up your own drive to the stars. I don't mean this to be a shameless plug, but Starstuff (in my signature) picks up that idea and runs with it. Maybe there's a plague that your Kerbonauts must work away from to escape it, or maybe some other motivation that I can't think of right now. It's up to you!

Or you could just play After Kerbin! KSS is free and optional, and you are a human being. (hopefully) The choice is yours.

I am not that reat at modding and After kerbin is a "No escape" mod, but I'll try and make it work. And thanks for understanding

4 hours ago, Rover6428 said:

I am not that reat at modding and After kerbin is a "No escape" mod, but I'll try and make it work. And thanks for understanding

You don't necessarily need to be able to mod.  :)

While you won't have the actual flaring star Archangel, you could always go another route.  For example: "Kerbalkind has recently discovered that their home star, Kerbol, which has shone on them for billions of years, is about to undergo a cataclysmic event which will devastate their world.  A small group have banned together to try and find a home in time and evacuate as many as possible."

So, they may not ever actually see a problem with Kerbol until it's too late.  Give yourself a set deadline to either get further from Kerbol or to another system entirely.  After that date, you consider the Kerbol system to be destroyed and you can no longer return.

You may need to use other mods to support this, such as a population mod or Extraplantary Launchpads, but I don't think you would need to modify any of the mods themselves.

Oh, and @Gyrfalcon5 , I look forward to seeing your playthrough writeup!  :)  I've been planning one since about... KSS 0.6, but school demanded most of my time.  Now that I'm done, I'm brushing the dust off my concepts, updating a few elements, and am also awaiting 0.8.  See you in the Mission Report forum!

10 minutes ago, RobFalcon said:

Oh, and @Gyrfalcon5 , I look forward to seeing your playthrough writeup!  :)  I've been planning one since about... KSS 0.6, but school demanded most of my time.  Now that I'm done, I'm brushing the dust off my concepts, updating a few elements, and am also awaiting 0.8.  See you in the Mission Report forum!

I'm excited to see what you can cook up, but allow me to correct you for a moment. It isn't necessarily a retelling of a mission, but instead a story based in the KSP/KSS with ties in the GFU (Gyrfalcon's Fictional Universe). You could think of it in the light of the Revelations of the Kraken series of Fan Works by Kuzzter. 

8 minutes ago, Gyrfalcon5 said:

I'm excited to see what you can cook up, but allow me to correct you for a moment. It isn't necessarily a retelling of a mission, but instead a story based in the KSP/KSS with ties in the GFU (Gyrfalcon's Fictional Universe). You could think of it in the light of the Revelations of the Kraken series of Fan Works by Kuzzter. 

Roger that!  :)  Admittedly, I tend to use 'playthrough writeup' and 'storytelling' interchangeably on this forum, though I do recognize the difference.  Mine will be something of a blend of the two, something akin to Hotaru's "Hotaru Space Program".  I expect I'll have some narrative and dialogue for certain events, along with the reporting of events as I go.

Looks good  How is your KSS experience so far?

It has been amazing! Just one thing, I don't think the license says against this, but is it okay to edit KSS if I don't redistribute it? Because I do that a lot. Like, A LOT. I have 3 different copies of a KSS KSP folder for different edits. 

Edited by Alaygrounds

7 minutes ago, Alaygrounds said:

It has been amazing! Just one thing, I don't think the license says against this, but is it okay to edit KSS if I don't redistribute it? Because I do that a lot. Like, A LOT. I have 3 different copies of a KSS KSP folder for different edits. 

As long as it is for personal use it's all okay :) 

17 minutes ago, Wright1331 said:

I couldnt find anything that says, but is this mod updated to the newest KSP patch?

[1.3.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.7.3] 11 Dec 2017

-> no

Edited by StarCrusher96