[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

StarCrusher96

is there a version thats not modular

On 6/21/2018 at 2:57 PM, Saltshaker said:

Is "1.4.x" mentioned anywhere in the thread title?

umm 1.3 version planet packs are compatible with 1.4. I know from personal experience

Edited by EndTraveler

15 hours ago, EndTraveler said:

is there a version thats not modular

umm 1.3 version planet packs are compatible with 1.4. I know from personal experience

To your first, if I recall correctly, it’s modular so that people can pick and choose what they want / what their computer can handle.  So, I’m pretty sure it’s only modular.

To your second, it may well be compatible.  The mod team is working on the next update, which will give official support for 1.4.x, but the current version was built for 1.3.   There’s no guarantee that it’ll work for 1.4, but if the dependencies (Kopernicus) have been updated, then give it a shot.  Maybe it’ll work, maybe it won’t.  But the mod team isn’t going to say it’s compatible with 1.4.x until they’re ready to.  :)

Edited by RobFalcon
Fixing a grammar.

On 6/22/2018 at 2:53 PM, EndTraveler said:

Umm Only if they are updated to work with the latest star brightness curves. So, here I am with my personal experience telling you, no, not all 1.3 planet packs work in 1.4. Any packs in 1.3 that include more stars than “Sun”, need crucial changes in order to work in 1.4. Packs without additional stars will works as usual, so to that extent you are right.

If you don’t know the inner workings of planet packs or kopernicus, please don’t lead people astray with false information. 

Edited by Galileo

On 6/23/2018 at 8:06 PM, Alaygrounds said:

Dear Squad,
You delayed the release of more gas giants for so long, and now someone is putting that exact idea into a mod. I.E. a ringed moon.

Squad has not delayed anything. By still not doing so, they have made it clear (and long ago) that they don't plan to do that.  Squad should also be quite aware of the amounts and varieties of mods that are available in this forum.

On 6/22/2018 at 3:53 PM, EndTraveler said:

In many cases that may be so, but not all. KSS is a shining example of the exception. It is already fairly known that KSS 0.7 and older will not work in KSP 1.4-- and is not guaranteed to operate well even in KSP 1.3.x with any Kopernicus version higher than 1.3.1-3 (due to whatever severe technical issue).

Edited by JadeOfMaar
oh, a typo

I have never played this mod before but I installed KSP 1.3.1 just to try it out because it seems incredibly cool to use with KSPI-E. The mod itself works in the most basic sense, I really love the planets although the RAM usage is killing me even with 16GB of it installed.

I cannot get this mod to work "properly" plus EVE isn't working in the slightest and scatterer is bugged but it is my best wish to use these mods with it.

I have Kopernicus 1.3.1-3. I have MM 3.0.4
I used Environmental Visual Enhancements 1.2.2-1 as it seems to be written for KSP v 1.3 (not v1.3.1) but the newer versions are for 1.4 or newer but I tried the newer version also regardless and in no case does EVE work. I obviously have the KSS_clouds folder inside the KSS folder. 

I also had to extract KSS_Scatterer to the KSS folder according to the install guide. When I install scatterer it does work. But it only works in flight, it isn't visible from the KSC.

The KSC itself is bugged. The buildings are unclickable and I have to pan the camera position while clicking on any of the buildings to enter them.
Sometimes I get black stripes across the landscape, which are glitches obviously.

When I timewarp from the KSC the time warps as usual but the sky remains the same, so the sun and stars don't move. When I go to the tracking station and back to the KSC the sky has reset itself based on the timewarp so i.e. it went from mid day to mid night. In other words the KSC overview doesn't visually re-render itself based on the timejump only when jumping to a different environment (building/tracking station) and revert back. 

I just want to use KSS and have Kerbin clouds, scatterer working properly.
Now, I don't want to be absolutely brutal, but preferably in the most utopian sense I would like SVT, SVE, EVE and Scatterer to work while using this mod. If I can't that's okay, but is there any such chance this can work? 
As long as EVE and scatterer work I'm happy though.

Pics...

NWgWdWH.jpgAs you can see, no E.V.E.

As you can also see all the appropriate folders in the following 2 pics.

i66lSIx.png

6Y24NHb.png

What's going on?

Edited by Aeroboi

From the README 0.7.3

* KSC is 'frozen', day-night cycle broken. This is a known bug caused by moving Kerbin to another star. Yes KSS did this! Nothing can fix this. 

I fixed the buggy KSC buildings for 0.8. So just be patient until I release it.

About the Scatterer - EVE issues.

-> have you additional system clouds installed? So check KSS_Clouds for xxx_System_Settings and remove those which are not installed. 

-> Scatterer should work fine. So maybe provide logs to figure this one out. 

Obviously it is an annoying situation but you must have installed something wrong. BUT 0.8 is around the corner so that will fix the 'dated' versions issues and  difficultees. 

For the logs:

Edited by StarCrusher96

When I load the game an error dialog pops up which says "Kopernicus was not able to load the custom planetary system due to an exception in the loading process". I am on a clean install with only KSS and dependencies installed (Kopernicus Release 1.3.1-3, ModularFlightIntegrator and Module Manager)

KSP Version: 1.3.1

Logs/Kopernicus Folder - https://www.dropbox.com/s/q0l1y33mfpuzvns/Kopernicus.zip?dl=0

KSP.log - https://www.dropbox.com/s/8k5140botmzug9x/KSP.log?dl=0

ModuleManager.ConfigCache - https://www.dropbox.com/s/xrq1vr70us51exb/ModuleManager.ConfigCache?dl=0

outputlog.txt - https://www.dropbox.com/s/i11saopggnqzm7w/output_log.txt?dl=0

Edit: I fixed it, something wrong with my kopernicus install just had to reinstall it.

Edited by SSr48