[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

StarCrusher96

Very hype-sauce for this.

Now, what exactly do you mean "This Update is too big"? I understand that you changed the layout of the systems with this patch, but does that mean when you release the next few systems, will the save games be working? Also does this mod work with Research Bodies?

1 hour ago, Mr Betelgeuse said:

Now, what exactly do you mean "This Update is too big"? I understand that you changed the layout of the systems with this patch, but does that mean when you release the next few systems, will the save games be working? Also does this mod work with Research Bodies?

By "the update is too big" we mean that there's so much to work on. The new systems aren't 100% finished and the current ones are almost done, but we still need some time :P

17 hours ago, TheSpacePotato said:

By "the update is too big" we mean that there's so much to work on. The new systems aren't 100% finished and the current ones are almost done, but we still need some time :P

Does that mean when you release the new systems, will save games be compatible with each upcoming system finalization? 

Also, I have a beefy rig (1080ti, 32GB RAM, i7 7600u) and I'm getting some major RAM leakage or something among the lines of that with the 64bit version of the game. Load times are incredibly long; especially in scene transitions. Just loading the stock Slim Shuttle onto the launch pad took almost three minutes. I don't remember it being this bad when it comes to load times. What confuses me more is that my frame rate keeps a solid 60, but I've noticed I'm getting a lot of micro stuttering, which leads me to believe there's a terrible leak somewhere either because of the game or because of the mod (or both). I don't know if I installed it wrong, or anything like that (it was a fresh install of KSP), but the performance is  quite sub par. 

Which worries me that if it truly is just the game reaching its limits, then when you guys release the new systems, I fear the game just won't be playable with KSS. 

@Mr Betelgeuse:

I was able to take games saved without KSS, move the Kerbals to the Astronaut Complex, move all ships to kerbal orbit, install KSS, then continue where I left off.  Convenient KSS .8 was released about the same time I was ready for a manned mission to Duna.

I find KSS fully playable even with many other mods installed.   I don't think KSP is designed to be so big and it was made by a small team with low resources, so I'm just happy it at least works - personally think it's the best game EVER and KSS makes an already huge game a lot bigger and a lot more interesting.  50 years old so I've played MANY.    KSP is now owned by Take 2, a major publisher, and they have deep pockets to make necessary development investments. So I believe/hope the KSP 2.0 will much more scalable  with load-balanced multi-core physics and DX-12 / Vulcan that can make good use of a beefy rig.  For now, I don't think a beefy rig will help much since others said it's a mostly physics game and I think it only uses 1 CPU core - but enough RAM will help a lot.  I have played KSS .7.3 on a low-end Celeron notebook with 8 gigs RAM so I don't think there is any big leaking problem.   My 2 cents worth.

Edited by enewmen

13 hours ago, enewmen said:

I find KSS fully playable even with many other mods installed.   I don't think KSP is designed to be so big and it was made by a small team with low resources, so I'm just happy it at least works - personally think it's the best game EVER and KSS makes an already huge game a lot bigger and a lot more interesting.  50 years old so I've played MANY.    KSP is now owned by Take 2, a major publisher, and they have deep pockets to make necessary development investments. So I believe/hope the KSP 2.0 will much more scalable  with load-balanced multi-core physics and DX-12 / Vulcan that can make good use of a beefy rig.  For now, I don't think a beefy rig will help much since others said it's a mostly physics game and I think it only uses 1 CPU core - but enough RAM will help a lot.  I have played KSS .7.3 on a low-end Celeron notebook with 8 gigs RAM so I don't think there is any big leaking problem.   My 2 cents worth.

Well what are your scene transition load times and frame rates? Because with the stats you told me there, I'm surprised the game launches.

12 hours ago, Mr Betelgeuse said:

Well what are your scene transition load times and frame rates? Because with the stats you told me there, I'm surprised the game launches.

It loads when it loads - at least didn't freeze.  I get 10-30+ fps with KSS and other mods installed,  low but playable.  Please wait for a major KSP physics engine re-write for AAA type performance.  If you're worried about load times and FPS, there are other games that do that very well.

@Bonbo:  I'm not so worried about the micro-stutter.  I'm confident if the KSS dev team can fix this if they have enough available volunteer time.

Edited by enewmen

On 7/26/2018 at 3:38 AM, Mr Betelgeuse said:

Now, what exactly do you mean "This Update is too big"? 

Too many small changes, fixes that might or might not work, details, and bigger changes. 

RELEASE NOVA KIRBANI SYSTEM 0.8

Test version / pre-release of KSS 0.8

- all other downloads got updates and fixes. So feel free to reinstall KSS. 

- when installing KSS Nova Kirbani System, don't forget to reinstall Scatterer and Clouds as well. (same when using basic and extended kerbol system.)

- there should be optimization as well, you can access terrain details from the main menu. (KSS-low/default or high)

screenshot94.png?width=778&height=438

enjoy :)

Edited by StarCrusher96

10 hours ago, ocso639 said:

How do I get ksp 1.4.3? I already have ksp but I bought it from the website, not Steam.

I cannot say how for certain, but this is what I would try.

Looking at the KSP Website, I checked their support page.  There is an e-mail address for support related questions, noted as being for support, bug reports, technical info, etc.  The address is: [email protected]

I don't know if it would work, but I would direct your question there.  They may be able to assist, as by getting it through the website you would have an account login.  (I checked myself just now to see what versions are available, out of curiosity.)

Hello, i have a question for a mission given by Kerbin World-Firsts Record-Keeping Society, mean by main quest in Career mode.

just i clear Orbit Kerbin mission, i expect Explore Mun to next mission.

but i given Explore Kaxor mission instead of Explore Mun. i get information in KSS wiki which is Kaxor is another system and it can't be reach using THUD booster and Swivel LF engine.

is this normal situation in KSS? or i have a mod compatible problem?

i run the KSP in steam, previous_1.4.3 as KSS manual said.

and using other mods as below,

Spoiler

AGExt
AT-Utils
B9-PWings-Fork
B9AerospaceHX
B9AnimationModules
B9PartSwitch
Chatterer
ChattererExtended
ClickThroughBlocker
CommunityCategoryKit
CommunityResourcePack
CommunityTechTree
ConfigurableContainers-Core
DockingPortAlignmentIndicator
DockingPortSoundFX
EasyVesselSwitch
EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements
FilterExtensions
FirespitterCore
GroundConstruction-Core
InterstellarFuelSwitch
InterstellarFuelSwitch-Core
KAS
KerbalAlarmClock
KIS
Konstruction
KSPInterstellarExtended
LoadingScreenManager
MechJeb2
MechJebForAll
ModularFlightIntegrator
ModuleManager
NearFutureConstruction
NearFutureProps
NearFuturePropulsion
NearFutureSolar
NearFutureSolar-Core
NearFutureSpacecraft
OPTReconfig
OPTSpacePlaneParts
PartCommanderCont
PatchManager
PlanetShine
PlanetShine-Config-Default
RocketEmporium
Scatterer
Scatterer-config
Scatterer-sunflare
ScienceAlert
SmokeScreen
surfacelights
ThrottleControlledAvionics
Toolbar
ToolbarController
Trajectories
TransferWindowPlanner
TweakScale
UKS
UniversalStorage
USI-Core
USI-FTT
USITools

Animated Attachment

Buffalo

Kopernicus

SCANsat

and, KSS

any help would be welcome

and sorry for my kerboomed-english

7 hours ago, Homiru said:

and using other mods as below,

Reveal hidden contents

AGExt
AT-Utils
B9-PWings-Fork
B9AerospaceHX
B9AnimationModules
B9PartSwitch
Chatterer
ChattererExtended
ClickThroughBlocker
CommunityCategoryKit
CommunityResourcePack
CommunityTechTree
ConfigurableContainers-Core
DockingPortAlignmentIndicator
DockingPortSoundFX
EasyVesselSwitch
EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements
FilterExtensions
FirespitterCore
GroundConstruction-Core
InterstellarFuelSwitch
InterstellarFuelSwitch-Core
KAS
KerbalAlarmClock
KIS
Konstruction
KSPInterstellarExtended
LoadingScreenManager
MechJeb2
MechJebForAll
ModularFlightIntegrator
ModuleManager
NearFutureConstruction
NearFutureProps
NearFuturePropulsion
NearFutureSolar
NearFutureSolar-Core
NearFutureSpacecraft
OPTReconfig
OPTSpacePlaneParts
PartCommanderCont
PatchManager
PlanetShine
PlanetShine-Config-Default
RocketEmporium
Scatterer
Scatterer-config
Scatterer-sunflare
ScienceAlert
SmokeScreen
surfacelights
ThrottleControlledAvionics
Toolbar
ToolbarController
Trajectories
TransferWindowPlanner
TweakScale
UKS
UniversalStorage
USI-Core
USI-FTT
USITools

Animated Attachment

Buffalo

Kopernicus

SCANsat

and, KSS

any help would be welcome

JEEEEEEEZ THAT IS A LOT OF MODS! You should try uninstalling some of them and see what happens.

Is it possible to add this to an existing save file that does not include any planet packs yet?  I would love to be able to play this amazing mod, but I do not want to have to restart my career and rebuild my infrastructure.  Thank you for your help and effort making something this ambitious!

EDIT:  The save is in 1.4.1, is there a version of KSS compatible with 1.4.1 that is still available for download?

Edited by HeliosPh0enix

1 hour ago, HeliosPh0enix said:

Is it possible to add this to an existing save file that does not include any planet packs yet?  I would love to be able to play this amazing mod, but I do not want to have to restart my career and rebuild my infrastructure.  Thank you for your help and effort making something this ambitious!

EDIT:  The save is in 1.4.1, is there a version of KSS compatible with 1.4.1 that is still available for download?

Unfortunately no. KSS reparents Kerbin so any existing save would be destroyed.

28 minutes ago, TheSpacePotato said:

Unfortunately no. KSS reparents Kerbin so any existing save would be destroyed.

Hmmm... I don't have too much infrastructure on that save, its mostly the science and career progress I'd be missing.  I might make a fresh save with KSS, transfer my .craft files, and cheat myself the science, funds, and rep I would need to restore my progress.  That might work.

Edited by HeliosPh0enix