[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

StarCrusher96

It would be soo cool if

Spoiler

you hit the crush depth at The All and you were teleported to another universe and you can explore that too. and you hit crush depth at a different wierd body and teleport to orbit around the All. THAT WOULD BE SO WEIRD!!!!!!!!!!!

I tried putting something in orbit around Karkua via cheats/Hyperedit and no matter where I place, It just blows up as if I went too deep on Jool, and my altitude shows -1273Mm, Wow.

52 minutes ago, The Minmus Derp said:

It would be soo cool if

Reveal hidden contents

you hit the crush depth at The All and you were teleported to another universe and you can explore that too. and you hit crush depth at a different wierd body and teleport to orbit around the All. THAT WOULD BE SO WEIRD!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm afraid that Kopernicus doesn't work that way. There is only one universe, and Sun ("The All" in this mod) is hard-coded as the center of the universe. We could try creating "miniverses," where they orbit the Sun and make a teleporter mod that will teleport the vessel into another "miniverse" when they are at certain altitude at certain planet.

1 hour ago, Turf said:

I tried putting something in orbit around Karkua via cheats/Hyperedit and no matter where I place, It just blows up as if I went too deep on Jool, and my altitude shows -1273Mm, Wow.

I'm afraid that Kopernicus doesn't work that way. There is only one universe, and Sun ("The All" in this mod) is hard-coded as the center of the universe. We could try creating "miniverses," where they orbit the Sun and make a teleporter mod that will teleport the vessel into another "miniverse" when they are at certain altitude at certain planet.

Ok then. that! Maybe the Other miniverses would have different kinds of stuff in them.

4 hours ago, The Minmus Derp said:

It would be soo cool if

Reveal hidden contents

This is not no man's sky.

Edited by StarCrusher96

On 8/3/2018 at 1:03 PM, StarCrusher96 said:

Going to keep it as it is.

Cool. I think I remember giving you a PDF showing you the basics of how to use GitHub a while back. Its your prerogative.

Man, I check in every week and it just keeps getting better- I'm holding off on my official play through.

I'd love to see one of the black hole systems mirror that of Gargantua system from Interstellar. Having some planets orbiting a blackhole would be amazing. I'd also love to see some sort of planet that is mid planetary-collision, with tons of debris kind of in  mid orbit like this:Moon-Creation.jpg

As for star types, I'd love to see a system with a massive asteroid/ring system around it: much like a newly born star system like the Gaetan-Lassagne system. 

gaetan-lassagne-solar-system-birth.jpg?1

Another suggestion would be to perhaps cut back on the habitable planets? I feel like, especially in the newer systems, there's a lot of Kerbin-esc planets, and I feel like they'll get boring. Perhaps start branching out and really making some planets hypothetical/fantasy? Such as a purple vanilla Eve like planet, or hell, maybe even a young Earth before water or something like that. I just feel as if the more common a habitable planet is, the less I want to go to them, you know? I feel like you need planets that just awesome to visit. The planet with the dyson sphere and all that is crazy cool. 

Other than that, I'm so excited for every new release of a system. 

13 hours ago, Mr Betelgeuse said:

Man, I check in every week and it just keeps getting better- I'm holding off on my official play through.

I'd love to see one of the black hole systems mirror that of Gargantua system from Interstellar. Having some planets orbiting a blackhole would be amazing. I'd also love to see some sort of planet that is mid planetary-collision, with tons of debris kind of in  mid orbit like this:Moon-Creation.jpg

As for star types, I'd love to see a system with a massive asteroid/ring system around it: much like a newly born star system like the Gaetan-Lassagne system. 

gaetan-lassagne-solar-system-birth.jpg?1

Another suggestion would be to perhaps cut back on the habitable planets? I feel like, especially in the newer systems, there's a lot of Kerbin-esc planets, and I feel like they'll get boring. Perhaps start branching out and really making some planets hypothetical/fantasy? Such as a purple vanilla Eve like planet, or hell, maybe even a young Earth before water or something like that. I just feel as if the more common a habitable planet is, the less I want to go to them, you know? I feel like you need planets that just awesome to visit. The planet with the dyson sphere and all that is crazy cool. 

Other than that, I'm so excited for every new release of a system. 

Surprisingly, everything you asked for has already been planned for a future update (except maybe the protoplanetary disk star). N-1 is a stellar-mass Gargantua analogue and will get planets, and Nelion will get some pretty exotic planets as well. As for the amount of habitable worlds, there's a legitimate reason we have those in KSS, and it'll be explained in the lore :wink:

Edited by TheSpacePotato

3 hours ago, Mr Betelgeuse said:

*Snip*

I finally have the time I need to start the playthrough I've been planning for about a year.  While I'd thought to hold off until all of 0.8 releases, I also realized that by the time I'm done with the Kerbol system, the rest of the mod will probably be out!

3 hours ago, RobFalcon said:

by the time I'm done with the Kerbol system, the rest of the mod will probably be out!

I have come to the same conclusion. It might be time already to start a new save :) 

1 hour ago, Kaa253 said:

I have come to the same conclusion. It might be time already to start a new save :) 

By the time you have a probe leave the SoI of Kerbol, 0.9+ would be released.

Edited by Krimverse

Another interesting idea, but what if there was a comet that's trajectory was interstellar? That way if you were hypothetically able to catch a ride on it, you could go interstellar without the need of hypothetical warp drives and whatnot... albeit a good chunk of Delta V. 

Do I need to have the Kermes Galaxy file downloaded in order to run the game, or will all of the other star systems still be there without it? It's just impossible for my wimpy little computer to render 160 stars, and I noticed a SEVERE hit to my framerate after I downloaded it.

19 minutes ago, walkman01 said:

Do I need to have the Kermes Galaxy file downloaded in order to run the game, or will all of the other star systems still be there without it? It's just impossible for my wimpy little computer to render 160 stars, and I noticed a SEVERE hit to my framerate after I downloaded it.

As mentioned in the README and almost everywhere, you only need KSS_Basic to star using KSS. You can add other parts at choice.

From the Github page:

Spoiler

KSS_Basic: Stock overhaul -> You start with downloading and installing this one

Edited by StarCrusher96

any suggestion on this crash? when I go into the tracking system it crashes

Just started new downloads so its a fresh install

KSP 1.4.5.2243

Kopernicus 1.4.5-2

and KSS basic .8

Moduleflightintegrator that came with KOP I think

thats it

game runs and even did sample mission and recovered vessel.

I did use cheats to give max tech, will try to remove that and see if thats the cause. Will report back if this fixes it, doubt it but who knows.

well a new saved game and it worked. hrmm. I did use all default in career mode so maybe its an item there on my first save?

Edited by rexscates
added stuff

11 minutes ago, rexscates said:

any suggestion on this crash? when I go into the tracking system it crashes

Just started new downloads so its a fresh install

KSP 1.4.5.2243

Kopernicus 1.4.5-2

and KSS basic .8

Moduleflightintegrator that came with KOP I think

thats it

game runs and even did sample mission and recovered vessel.

I did use cheats to give max tech, will try to remove that and see if thats the cause. Will report back if this fixes it, doubt it but who knows.

well a new saved game and it worked. hrmm. I did use all default in career mode so maybe its an item there on my first save?

Without logs i can’t do anything

2 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

Without logs i can’t do anything

if I load any worlds it does not load.  Just tried kerlon system. I will attach the log. thanks starcrusher, have always loved this mod

Kerbal Space Program [version: Unity 2017.1.3p1 (02d73f71d3bd)]

[snip]

== [end of error.log] ==

Edited by Vanamonde

Hi, i have a problem with my KSS mod.....

The planets are fine except Kerbin.

Kerbin's daylight isn't facing the sun and, the side facing Kerbol is partially lighted.

Also, KSC is a bit messed up, I'll have a picture of it soon.

I downloaded the KSS Basic and 3 stars, as a bonus. KSS Basic gave me more stars along with The All.

Incompatible mod that i've discovered: OPM [Will be placed around The All instead]

If you want the logs, I will try to send it....  Happy launchings!