[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

StarCrusher96

21 minutes ago, Darkspace said:

Hi, i have a problem with my KSS mod.....

The planets are fine except Kerbin.

Kerbin's daylight isn't facing the sun and, the side facing Kerbol is partially lighted.

Also, KSC is a bit messed up, I'll have a picture of it soon.

I downloaded the KSS Basic and 3 stars, as a bonus. KSS Basic gave me more stars along with The All.

Incompatible mod that i've discovered: OPM [Will be placed around The All instead]

If you want the logs, I will try to send it....  Happy launchings!

Yeah, the daylight issue while at KSC is known.  It happens when Kerbin is reparented, and is unsolvable.  However, you can check where the KSC really is in its day/night cycle by checking the tracking station, and when you go to launch it will be in the expected location.

Taking a stab at the KSC being messed up; is it the ground going kinda crazy while in the KSC view?  (Picture had not yet been loaded when I replied, but I wanted to get a reply out ASAP.)  I’ve seen similar, and believe it’s another bug.  I’ve noticed that it tends to go away if you jump into a building and back out.  When you go to launch a rocket/plane, it will not be present.

Additional: As for OPM, that’s probably a StarCrusher69 et al question.  From the Planned Features, I can see that OPM is intended to be compatable with 0.8, but I had been waiting for the final nod from the mod team before installing.

Edited by RobFalcon
Adding thoughts for OPM question.

1 hour ago, RobFalcon said:

Yeah, the daylight issue while at KSC is known.  It happens when Kerbin is reparented, and is unsolvable.  However, you can check where the KSC really is in its day/night cycle by checking the tracking station, and when you go to launch it will be in the expected location.

Taking a stab at the KSC being messed up; is it the ground going kinda crazy while in the KSC view?  (Picture had not yet been loaded when I replied, but I wanted to get a reply out ASAP.)  I’ve seen similar, and believe it’s another bug.  I’ve noticed that it tends to go away if you jump into a building and back out.  When you go to launch a rocket/plane, it will not be present.

Additional: As for OPM, that’s probably a StarCrusher69 et al question.  From the Planned Features, I can see that OPM is intended to be compatable with 0.8, but I had been waiting for the final nod from the mod team before installing.

Yep, The ground is buggy, it frequently covers some building, Making it hard to click into a building.

As i said, Here is a picture of the bugged surface.

https://imgur.com/a/khs1nj7

The wrong-facing Daylight. [Note the sun behind Kerbin]
https://imgur.com/a/BF92apy

Even Duna is affected.

https://imgur.com/a/Otmb2ta

Partially lit side of Kerbin

https://imgur.com/a/Kr6881J

Edited by Darkspace

5 minutes ago, Darkspace said:

Yep, The ground is buggy, it frequently covers some building, Making it hard to click into a building.

As i said, Here is a picture of the bugged surface.

Kerbin Bug
The Partially lit side on Kerbin
Even Duna is affected.

*Snipped Links*

Ah, I gott'cha.

I've seen mention of the blue orb, but I'm not sure what the response was.  Those partially lit images are also kinda new to me.  So, I'm afraid I need to ask for an adult team member for advice!

The ground bugging one I get frequently.  The buttons on the left side still work to get you into buildings, though, and I found that when I leave the building the ground is fixed.

Also, might want to take a look at those links.  I found the URL came up with an extra 'imgur.html' that I needed to delete to be able to get to the pic.  (I haven't posted images enough to specifically advise what to change, though.)

4 hours ago, RobFalcon said:

Ah, I gott'cha.

I've seen mention of the blue orb, but I'm not sure what the response was.  Those partially lit images are also kinda new to me.  So, I'm afraid I need to ask for an adult team member for advice!

The ground bugging one I get frequently.  The buttons on the left side still work to get you into buildings, though, and I found that when I leave the building the ground is fixed.

Also, might want to take a look at those links.  I found the URL came up with an extra 'imgur.html' that I needed to delete to be able to get to the pic.  (I haven't posted images enough to specifically advise what to change, though.)

Well, here is the story of me trying to find a good star mod.

I've searched for mods that added new stars. I've first downloaded Valentine star mod, Along with the visual mods. The clouds were super white and very bright, I've found the reason why the clouds were super bright, I was going to edit the clouds, Making them more chaotic or realistic idk. then I've discovered that these clouds were duplicated around. I've tried to make it normal again but they just re-appeared. the cloud reappearance became more clear when i deleted Javine's clouds because the atmosphere is about as 0.02 atmospheres, thinner than the atmosphere of Duna, when i restarted the game. The clouds re-appeared. 

I was tired of Valentine system mod so, I've deleted it and installed GPP Secondary instead, There was nothing wrong except when i realized that Astronomer's Visual Pack isn't working. Along with the GPP Cloud addon, Not only that, but i also noticed that the name of Jeb changed, From Jebediah Kerman to Galileo Gaelan. I didn't like that so, I've deleted the mod as well. finally I've installed KSS. It was my last hope of finding a good star mod. the game took forever to load but thankfully, it loaded up, I've realized that KSS changes the solar system to make it unusually similar to our solar system but that's ok. Then, I've discovered the first bug when i loaded a save that i used to mess around with. the ground was glitchy as i said, it was sometimes hard to click into certain buildings, I know the purpose of the left buttons here but i don't use them often, Then I've discovered the second bug when i went to the tracking station to check out the new planets, When i turned around, I've discovered the partially lit zone and soon realized that the daylight zone isn't facing Kerbol. The other planets were okay except Duna, which also had a partially lid zone as if it is orbiting a binary star system or something. the exoplanets were not affected as with the outer planets, Eve and Moho.

If someone found a fix for these bugs, It would be helpful.  [Talking about the KSS Bugs that i have of course]

Edited by Darkspace

@Darkspace

can you post your logs (zipped) and a screenshot of your Gamedata folder and KSS folder?

the ground ksc bug is a reparenting thing and i’m currently looking for a fix. 

I think the daylight bug is caused by having scatterer and kss scatterer being messed up but i need your logs and screenshots to confirm this.

I noticed duna’s scatterer is stock and not kss so i think kss scatterer is in the wrong folder/direction. That ‘s why they’re pointing at the Sun (the All) instead of Kerbol.

Edited by StarCrusher96

23 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

@Darkspace

can you post your logs (zipped) and a screenshot of your Gamedata folder and KSS folder?

the ground ksc bug is a reparenting thing and i’m currently looking for a fix. 

I think the daylight bug is caused by having scatterer and kss scatterer being messed up but i need your logs and screenshots to confirm this.

I noticed duna’s scatterer is stock and not kss so i think kss scatterer is in the wrong folder/direction. That ‘s why they’re pointing at the Sun (the All) instead of Kerbol.

I'm not familiar with logs but, is this what you want? https://www.dropbox.com/s/ci1zaio1oeivs1g/KSP.zip?dl=0  [It is long so, sorry... You can delete it if you don't want it.....]

Also, Here are the screenshots of the GameData and The KSS Folder.

GameData

https://imgur.com/a/Z2PedDn

KSS Folder 1

https://imgur.com/a/pnI2grK

KSS Folder 2

https://imgur.com/a/WpZTWhj

Edited by Darkspace

I have been meaning to type this for a few days, but RL got in the way.  This post is meant to show my experience while:

1. Deleting and doing a FRESH install with NO MODS of KSS 0.8 - everything released to date.

2. Give my observations of the install process

3. Notice any bugs, if any, and/or anything not intuitive.

First my rig, if anyone cares.

Spoiler

OS - Windows 10 Home

MB - ASUS sabertooth Z87

RAM - 32 GIG (I know, I know)

CPU - Intel i& - 4770k 3.5GHz quad core

Video Card - GeForce GTX 1070 

Monitor - ASUS Gsync ROG PG279Q

My experience level with KSP is average, and I love MODs, preferring to install them manually (Nothing against CKAN) and am comfortable doing so.  This is not meant as a brag, it is meant to show that someone without this level of experience may run into problems I did not.  And if I ran into a problem, odds are others will to.

I have KSP 1.4.5 with Kopernicus 1.4.5-2 installed.  NO OTHER MODS initially.

My Process:

1. I installed each .ZIP file from GITHUB one at a time starting with the KSS 0.8 BASIC first.

2. Opened up the ZIP file I read the README file from each zip and followed it

3. I would restart KSP and start a new sandbox game after each install.

What I downloaded in order:

Spoiler

1. KSS 0.8 BASIC

2. EVE

3. Scatterer

4. KSS 0.8 Clouds

5. KSS 0.8 Scatterer

6. KSS 0.8 Skybox

7. KSS 0.8 Extended Kerbol System

8. KSS 0.8 Kerolon system

9. KSS 0.8 Kormin system

10. KSS 0.8 Nova Kirbani system

11. KSS 0.8 The Kermes Galaxy

12. Distant Object Enhancement

13. PlanetShine

My Observations:

1. Reading the README file in the BASIC zip file made the installation pretty easy. One snag though was the folder labeled "KopernicusExpansion"  It is not mentioned in the README nor in the Wiki.  So a newer player may not know what to do here.  I have the expansion, so therefor installed the folder in my GAMEDATA folder

2. Started the game and everything booted up fine.

3. Had to reset my graphics settings (ping me if you want to know what I set.) because this was a fresh install, no issues

4. I experienced the same issue as @Darkspaceabove, but was actually expecting it, as it is mentioned in the "Known Bugs" section along with the flooding.  Both expected.  A quick get around of the glitchy terrain is to use the buttons along the lower left to enter the buildings.  I seemed to experience this less the longer I played.

5. The more I installed of the list above the longer there would be a pause in the loading screen.  I am used to this as I normally play with a lot of mods.  But since there was no indication on the screen of any movement, a less experienced player may think the game is 'frozen' and try to manually close the game.  Just wait, depending on your rig, it should eventually load.

6. I noticed when installing the KSS Kormin system zip that it asked me to overwrite the Brown Star file.  I went ahead, as didn't feel that this was odd, but it may throw off others as I didn't see it mentioned in the README.

7. I DID NOT install any of @Galileoplant packs, as I believe I read earlier in the forums that KSS is not yet ready to install them as before, but I can not wait as his work is AMAZING!

Finally, I would use the tracking station and TAB through all the bodies after EACH zip file install.  My hat is off to @StarCrusher96and his team.  The scope is vast, the planets, moons and suns are SIMPLY AMAZING!  I know a sound like a fanboy here, but I really could not get over the detail of even the smallest moons and *cough* comet!  I can not wait to visit each and every one that will make for potentially years of play ability.

In the future I will post on the MODS that I add, not that it matters much to the team, but hopefully will save others from posting "does mod x work with this?"  

I know this post was long, but I wanted to show someone who is tempted to install KSS that it is worth it, as well as give my observations to the KSS team.

Starcrusher, I know I already gave you a "coffee" but after this effort, I feel I owe you more.

All the best, if anyone has any questions about my post or need any other info, feel free to send me a note.  Though please understand I am not part of the official KSS team, just enthusiastic.

Kontrole

Well, I managed to fix this daylight bug by going to the Scatterer folder, opening config and then clicking onto planetsList.cfg. I then changed the mainSunCelestialBody from Sun to Kerbol, do the same at all of the planets until you reach Jool. then change the item in the bottom to Kerbol.

If that worked for you, then congrats! 

Oh wait. I've forgot to download KSS Scatterer.

After downloading KSS Scatterer, i went to the tracking station to check out the planets, this time with scatterer, but instead of Kerbin being normal like it should be, it is completely ink black, the clouds were still white and normal. Then I've discovered that all of the atmospheric bodies are also ink-black with white clouds.

Now i have an even worse problem.

Log is a post up.

I'm also not familiar with logs. [Log is long to read so, sorry.]

I've never played KSP without KSS being bugged up.

Edited by Darkspace

@Darkspacei haven’t been home but i’m looking at it later today! 

From what i could read, there must be something wrong with your installation of scatterer and kss scatterer. 

To install it correctly you just download the latest version of scatterer and make sure the scatterer folder is in gamedata.

afterwards you download kss_scatterer and make sure the kss_scatterer folder is in the kds folder.

sidenote: if you installed the kermes galaxy and then removed it, it can cause this problem you have too. Removing a planet or moon can cause this too in some cases.

But i’ll be checking out your logs later today!

@Kontrole thx for your review! Based on it, I’ll be making a few changes to make stuff more clear!

Okay I'm not sure if anyone's had this problem before and I'm not quite willing to scroll through 157 pages to find out yet (sorry), but is anyone having problems with ships not loading once you close out of the game? Specifically ships orbiting The Mun? This is twice now that I've closed out of KSP and when I re-opened it that anything orbiting Mun was just non-existent. The Kerbal Crew was also wiped out of existence, and I'm not sure how to read the roster file but I couldn't really find a reasoning behind his sudden disappearance. Anyone have a fix?

P.S. I'm running 1.3.1 KSP using 1.3.1-3 Kopernicus and 0.7.3 KSS with the extended kerbol system and the nova kirbani system

@Darkspace

Hi, I had the same issue with completely black sky. In my case it was caused by using KSS Scatterer without using new star layout from 0.8 update, "The Kermes Galaxy". Once I installed it everything worked properly.

I don't know if it's the same bug you are having but maybe it will help you.

5 hours ago, The Minmus Derp said:

Can I review this? 

Yeah sure.

2 hours ago, CaptainVortex said:

Okay I'm not sure if anyone's had this problem before and I'm not quite willing to scroll through 157 pages to find out yet (sorry), but is anyone having problems with ships not loading once you close out of the game? Specifically ships orbiting The Mun? This is twice now that I've closed out of KSP and when I re-opened it that anything orbiting Mun was just non-existent. The Kerbal Crew was also wiped out of existence, and I'm not sure how to read the roster file but I couldn't really find a reasoning behind his sudden disappearance. Anyone have a fix?

P.S. I'm running 1.3.1 KSP using 1.3.1-3 Kopernicus and 0.7.3 KSS with the extended kerbol system and the nova kirbani system

Yes that’s a bug from kss 0.7.3 it’s fixed in 0.8 though.

If you lower Karkua’s gravity it will be fixed. I do not longer fix 0.7.3 because 0.8 works on 1.3.1 too.

According to StarCrusher96 and Mr Teddy, installing Kermes Galaxy will fix the black planet problem. I installed it and the problem was fixed. Now I have tons of stars to explore :D 

Unfortunately, My game takes so long to load even the simplest thing which makes it annoyingly long to even fly probes or missions from the Tracking station, if someone found a fix for the painfully slow loading, i would be able to do big projects like sending a large ship full of equipments to the Nova Kirbani System!

I also have a new planet idea:Ocelus. A hot boiling ocean planet orbiting around Kerolon. It has an atmospheric pressure of 27 Atmospheres and as hot as 275 degrees Celsius. In the next 12000 years. It will become a hellish planet like Iain or Eve. Located between Ceth and Etim and has 1 grey boring moon with no atmosphere.

Edited by Darkspace

9 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

Yeah sure.

Yes that’s a bug from kss 0.7.3 it’s fixed in 0.8 though.

If you lower Karkua’s gravity it will be fixed. I do not longer fix 0.7.3 because 0.8 works on 1.3.1 too.

A) If I update KSS from 0.7.3 to 0.8, will I lose some of my flights in orbit or will everything sync up the same? (I plan on backing up the world either way)

B) How would you go about lowering Karkua's gravity? How much does it need to be lowered by to fix the Mun issue?

C) Thanks for making such an amazing mod this is literally everything I was hoping for (and probably a bit more than what my computer was hoping for)

15 hours ago, CaptainVortex said:

A) If I update KSS from 0.7.3 to 0.8, will I lose some of my flights in orbit or will everything sync up the same? (I plan on backing up the world either way)

B) How would you go about lowering Karkua's gravity? How much does it need to be lowered by to fix the Mun issue?

C) Thanks for making such an amazing mod this is literally everything I was hoping for (and probably a bit more than what my computer was hoping for)

A: It should not happen but i can't garantee this.

B: in 0.8 Karkua's G = 3067, this should fix the problem. (you can find Karkua's cfg -> KSS/KopernicusFiles/Stars/Nexus/Nexus_Karkua)

C: haha thx! and sorry for killing your computer!

Kelnis and Tropical Laythe is now available? Nice!

And i have another problem, My KSP takes so long to load even the simplest things, If someone found a fix for that annoying problem then it will surely be helpful!

Already posted the log somewhere up here.

And as i said, i'm not familiar with logs so yeah.

Just now, Darkspace said:

Kelnis and Tropical Laythe is now available? Nice!

And i have another problem, My KSP takes so long to load even the simplest things, If someone found a fix for that annoying problem then it will surely be helpful!

Already posted the log somewhere up here.

And as i said, i'm not familiar with logs so yeah.

Does it load or do you get an infinite loading bar?

1 minute ago, TheSpacePotato said:

Does it load or do you get an infinite loading bar?

Takes soooooooooooooooooooo long to load, once the game opens and the menu shows up, it takes long to load the save. And then when i enter the tracking station, it also takes long to load up, and then when the tracking station shows up, i have to wait like 5 minutes to load up the planets which is also painfully slow.

And, taking controls of the vessels, holy jesus christ. i have to wait another 3-13 minutes for it to load up, even loading a 1-part debris is the same painful loading.

and.. All of the buildings, when i click into them, i have to wait for like 2-7 minutes for them to load up.

1 minute ago, Darkspace said:

Takes soooooooooooooooooooo long to load, once the game opens and the menu shows up, it takes long to load the save. And then when i enter the tracking station, it also takes long to load up, and then when the tracking station shows up, i have to wait like 5 minutes to load up the planets which is also painfully slow.

And, taking controls of the vessels, holy jesus christ. i have to wait another 3-13 minutes for it to load up, even loading a 1-part debris is the same painful loading.

and.. All of the buildings, when i click into them, i have to wait for like 2-7 minutes for them to load up.

What's your RAM? And what systems/mods have you loaded?