[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

StarCrusher96

I realized that Alpha Kirbani was a triple star system, each stars had planets around it so, it counted as 1 large system and 2 small.

I deleted Alpha Kirbani and added Kerolon, Kelnis and the brown dwarf system which contains only 3 planets, the same problem this time slightly slower.

My only choice now is delete KSS, i will reinstall it if you fixed the slow loading problem, probably delete some stars or something.

I've also discovered yet another bug. The ground of the KSC View is gone, occasionally the whole view is gone with the galaxy background only visible, you should also try fixing the day cycle bug because it confuses me, resulting in me time warping to the next day by mistake or realizing that i launched at the wrong time in the night.

2 hours ago, Darkspace said:

I realized that Alpha Kirbani was a triple star system, each stars had planets around it so, it counted as 1 large system and 2 small.

I deleted Alpha Kirbani and added Kerolon, Kelnis and the brown dwarf system which contains only 3 planets, the same problem this time slightly slower.

My only choice now is delete KSS, i will reinstall it if you fixed the slow loading problem, probably delete some stars or something.

I've also discovered yet another bug. The ground of the KSC View is gone, occasionally the whole view is gone with the galaxy background only visible, you should also try fixing the day cycle bug because it confuses me, resulting in me time warping to the next day by mistake or realizing that i launched at the wrong time in the night.

I can't fix the loading time because it's caused by scatterer, remove scatterer and EVE and you can run all the systems together. It's not up to me to fix scatterer as it is not my mod. It's also adviced to use the newest version of kopernicus because one of the previous versions bugged loading times.

The bug you described is known - in the README file and can't be fixed.

Edited by StarCrusher96

Problems in the space center view are caused by Kerbin being made to orbit something between itself and Sun. The game doesn't like it and it's not going to be fixed. (I wish you the best in convincing Squad to install a planet mod.)

As for the long loading screen time, I have seen this for myself while testing GPP+KSS compatibility. I think it comes down to normal processes but being stretched out to accommodate the many stars that shape the galaxy arms. Visual mods may have no weight in this as I didn't have EVE or scatterer in my install.

5 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

I can't fix the loading time because it's caused by scatterer, remove scatterer and EVE and you can run all the systems together. It's not up to me to fix scatterer as it is not my mod. It's also adviced to use the newest version of kopernicus because one of the previous versions bugged loading times.

The bug you described is known - in the README file and can't be fixed.

I've deleted Scatterer and the EVE Clouds, the loading of buildings got faster but, the planets looked disgusting without the clouds, will the clouds cause a major impact in the loading time?

Edited by Darkspace

2 minutes ago, Darkspace said:

I've deleted Scatterer and the EVE Clouds, the loading of buildings got faster but, the planets looked disgusting without the clouds, will the clouds cause a major impact in the loading time?

Only way to find out is to try it.

On 8/10/2018 at 10:27 PM, GDJ said:

At least RAM is somewhat cheap nowadays.

But it's not. RAM is dumb expensive right now because of the shortage.

Also unrelated, but how's the performance with KSS right now? I really want to load up a fresh career save, but right now I seriously cannot stand the micro stuttering or loading times between scene switch.

Edited by Mr Betelgeuse

3 hours ago, Mr Betelgeuse said:

But it's not. RAM is dumb expensive right now because of the shortage.

Also unrelated, but how's the performance with KSS right now? I really want to load up a fresh career save, but right now I seriously cannot stand the micro stuttering or loading times between scene switch.

Without visuals the mod runs great. I'm not sure of my framerate but I can run the entire mod without visuals smoothly. If you do want visuals, the easiest thing to do is not play with the Kermes Galaxy installed, as the sheer number of sunflares can kill your game :P

On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 9:25 PM, StarCrusher96 said:

Only way to find out is to try it.

Installed the cloud mod. The game is a slight bit slower but still not a concern. Planets look like EVE 2014 but who cares anyways?

The cloud of Eve didn't work so, I decided to turn Eve into a Duna-like planet.

I have yet another problem, ugh I forgot how many bugs I've encountered with this mod so yeah. The custom science log doesn't work. It shows the stock science log instead, like purple eve or something...

the exoplanets and the kerbol expansion planets are worse..   

instead of showing it's own science log, It just shows "you observed blah blah blah idk."

Edited by Darkspace

Released KSS 0.8.2

- Restructured the entire mod for easier installation and updates in the future.
- Added compatibility with GPP, GPO, OWR and ExtraSolar
- Added patches for Galileo's Sun Flares and Instantiator (see INSTALLATION_README)
- Various fixes
- Updated README-file
- much more 

screenshot103.png?width=775&height=436

** screenshot uses both Galileo's Sun Flares and Instantiator.

Flare Replacer as a solution for the issues with scatterer sunflares in KSS
Because of the FPS impact from the stellar object's scatterer flares, not everyone could use scatterer. Well there is now a little 'solution'. KSS is now compatible with Flare Replacer, this mod replaces the boring stockflares with fancy ones!

What KSS does: When Flare Replacer mod is installed along with Scatterer, KSS will disable the scattererflares and turn on Flare Replacer. This reduces the FPS impact and allows you to use the scatterer planetshaders.

BUT you won't have nebula's.

Edited by StarCrusher96

I have encountered yet another problem with this mod, i never played KSP without having a problem with KSS.

after 0.8.2 was released, I downloaded it along with INSTANTIATOR for the amazing accretion disk and GSF [Galileo's Sun Flare] for lighter and more beautiful sunflare so i can finally use KSS along with scatterer, even if i have 8 gig of RAM.

Here is the problem that i've encountered. Once the game finishes loading, it goes into the black loading screen, this is where I've discovered the problem. 

The menu music plays but, the menu didn't show up as usual and instead, the black loading screen didn't disappear. the Scatterer options also showed up.

If you don't know what is the black loading screen, It is basically a black screen except that it has the loading text in the bottom right with 3 planets orbiting around a star.

12 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

Released KSS 0.8.2

- Restructured the entire mod for easier installation and updates in the future.
- Added compatibility with GPP, GPO, OWR and ExtraSolar
- Added patches for Galileo's Sun Flares and Instantiator (see INSTALLATION_README)
- Various fixes
- Updated README-file
- much more 

screenshot103.png?width=775&height=436

** screenshot uses both Galileo's Sun Flares and Instantiator.

Galileo's Sun Flares as a solution for the issues with scatterer sunflares in KSS
Because of the FPS impact from the stellar object's scatterer flares, not everyone could use scatterer. Well there is now a little 'solution'. KSS is now compatible with Galileo's Sun Flares, this mod replaces the boring stockflare with fancy ones!

What KSS does: When Galileo's Sun Flares mod is installed along with Scatterer, KSS will disable the scattererflares and turn on Galileo's Sun Flares. This reduces the FPS impact and allows you to use the scatterer planetshaders.

What's that disk around?

29 minutes ago, Darkspace said:

Here is the problem that i've encountered. Once the game finishes loading, it goes into the black loading screen, this is where I've discovered the problem. 

The menu music plays but, the menu didn't show up as usual and instead, the black loading screen didn't disappear. the Scatterer options also showed up.

If you don't know what is the black loading screen, It is basically a black screen except that it has the loading text in the bottom right with 3 planets orbiting around a star.

So the infinite loadingscreen? 

@Darkspace

i’m sorry to hear you have so much trouble to make kss work properly. But when you report an issue, please be more specific. I need logs, screenshots of gamedata, which parts of kss are installed, ... 

I can’t fix anything if i dont know what can cause them. There could be an issue with another mod you have installed along kss ... so i really need more specific info.

I also advice you to read the installation readme file. The update was meant to make installation easier.

29 minutes ago, The Minmus Derp said:

What's that disk around?

Around Nela, a proto star.

Edited by StarCrusher96

40 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

So the infinite loadingscreen? 

@Darkspace

i’m sorry to hear you have so much trouble to make kss work properly. But when you report an issue, please be more specific. I need logs, screenshots of gamedata, which parts of kss are installed, ... 

I can’t fix anything if i dont know what can cause them. There could be an issue with another mod you have installed along kss ... so i really need more specific info.

I also advice you to read the installation readme file. The update was meant to make installation easier.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ci1zaio1oeivs1g/KSP.zip?dl=0 

the log. [I'm not familiar with logs so, it might be the wrong one]

The mods that I installed, too lazy to take a picture of the Gamedata folder so, here is a list. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. 000_AT_Utils [Idk]
  2. 000_AT_USITools [Something about Kerbal Kolonization]
  3. BAM
  4. Chatterer
  5. CommunityCategoryKit
  6. CommunityResourcePack
  7. CommunityTechTree
  8. ContractPacks
  9. CTTP [Useful when i'm too lazy to search everywhere in Google or Microsoft Edge]
  10. CustomAsteroids
  11. DeadlyReentry
  12. DMagicOrbitalScience
  13. Environmental Visual Enhancements [EVE]
  14. Firespitter 
  15. GroundConstructions
  16. GSF [Galileo's Sunflare]
  17. HideEmptyTechTreeNodes
  18. INSTANTIATOR
  19. InterstellarFuelSwitch
  20. JSI
  21. JX2Antenna [For when i'm sending probes to Naal or something]
  22. KAS
  23. KerbalEngineer [For viewing Delta V amounts and etc.]
  24. KerbalJointReinforcement [For when i'm building giant 1km+ sized combined ships or something]
  25. KIS
  26. KittopiaTech
  27. Kopernicus
  28. KopernicusExpansion
  29. KSS [You already know]
  30. ModularFlightIntegrator
  31. Nereid
  32. ReentryParticleEffect
  33. REPOSoftTech [Background Resources]
  34. SCANSat
  35. Scatterer
  36. Squad [Not a mod]
  37. SquadExpansion [Not a mod]
  38. SEP [Surface Experiment Pack]
  39. TarsierSpaceTech [Space Telescope and ChemCam]
  40. TextureReplacer
  41. ThunderAeroSpace [TAC LS]
  42. Trajectories [So that i don't land in the wrong place like landing on an ocean]
  43. TriggerTech [Transfer Window Planner]
  44. UmbraSpaceIndustries [Alcubierre Drive and Container mod idk.]
  45. WarpPlugin [KSPIE]
  46. WheelSounds [Finally finished this list]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry if its too long.

Edited by Darkspace

20 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Just to alleviate some confusion, the sun flare mod that is compatible now is Flare Replacer not Galileo’s Sun Flares.

thx! It was 1AM when I uploaded 0.8.2 :p sorry for the confusion, my bad.

- changed all documents 

Edited by StarCrusher96

I see this happening when I delete something I shouldn’t on Squad's folders, or when I run out of memory by (ab)using a lot of textures.

1 hour ago, StarCrusher96 said:

@Darkspace

All your errors are related to InterstellarFuelSwitch and ContractConfigurator. I see nothing KSS related. So Maybe try removing those mods (as a test) 
and load the game again.

Deleting IFS And ContactConfigurator did not fix the problem. 

I tested KSP Without KSS and it loaded successfully so. KSS was the culprit.

I downloaded the KSS Core and then proceeded to download the clouds, scatterer thing, Kermes Galaxy and the stars along with Kerbol Extended.

I forgot! 

The custom science logs won't work, it just shows the stock Science logs, The celestial bodies that are not stock just shows "you observed blah blah blah idk"

Edited by Darkspace

1 hour ago, Darkspace said:

Deleting IFS And ContactConfigurator did not fix the problem. 

I tested KSP Without KSS and it loaded successfully so. KSS was the culprit.

I downloaded the KSS Core and then proceeded to download the clouds, scatterer thing, Kermes Galaxy and the stars along with Kerbol Extended.

I forgot! 

The custom science logs won't work, it just shows the stock Science logs, The celestial bodies that are not stock just shows "you observed blah blah blah idk"

Then honestly i dont know what causes it not to work ... all KSS testers had a succesfull installation and didn’t report a part not working. 

The only thing i can come up with is just load the game with kss_core. And see how your game reacts. Then trial and error the other parts. If one causes the game not to load i can see what’s bugging it.

I know the custom sciencedefs didnt show up. They should work in 0.8.2, if not i’ll try to fix them asap.

** Remove GFS and replace it by Flare Replacer, I made a mistake there.

Edited by StarCrusher96

Hello all.

Been waiting for to be able to use this mod for a while, what with various versions of Kopernicus and KSP needing to match up and all that jazz. So YAY! Very excited. Saw that was now 0.82. Even better, updates are happening to the version I am using.

But I am a bit sad atm. You see my sea is a white color with perhaps a hint of cream at the horizon. This would be Kerbin btw. I do have scatterer but not EVE. EVE punished my rig a bit too much, or at least I think that was the reason I dropped it. Kerbin sky is even whiter, no real cream to speak of.

I did try to follow the instructions very closely. I have not installed the flares thing, I think that is optional anyways?

I have INSTANTIONATOR, Kopernicus 1.4.5-4, KSS 0.8.2 Core, using optinal SOI (which I will be removing as it is a tad confusing and I don't think I need it), Topical Laythe optional, Visual skybox and comettails optionals.

Gamedata folder wise its Kopernicus, KSS, KopernicusExpansion, Sigma, Instantionator.

Can some kind person point me in the right direction to get my ocean and sky back please?

edit oh and KSS 0.8.2 Extended Kerbol System.

Edited by Apaseall