[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

StarCrusher96

5 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

but scatterer does work ...

just not in KSC view.

its black everywhere but the tracking station for me. orbit, ksc, map view and on the launchpad are all black

Edited by RBTwenty

Oh no, I've discovered not one but two problems with my KSS Install.

The first one being Bop becoming black completely when passing in front of Duna, It usually returns normal when behind Duna or when it's not passing in front of Duna, This makes landing here challenging, Unfortunately though, I didn't capture a pic, i might later but. here's the other problem.

Naal's texture not showing up.

No no, this isn't just a white ball, the entire planet just disappeared with the atmosphere only visible! The moons are still there though.

I've managed to capture 2 pictures so, here they are.

Naal bug with no Scatterer atmosphere, I still have scatterer but scatterer disables in Main menu or Tracking Station, that doesn't mean that it's not working and it isn't really a concern.

https://imgur.com/a/OBOeW8W

Naal bug with scatterer atmosphere 

https://imgur.com/a/0bEr6zg

There, that's all the bugs that i have.

BONUS

I edited The Creator's texture, Giving it a dusty look due to dust landing on its surface and tiny objects colliding with it.

The Creator was made like millions of years ago so, that's a bit more appropiate for me atleast.

SPOILER, If you didn't see the texture of The Creator, then don't click here, it may spoil stuff for you.

https://imgur.com/a/FCfvOb5

Edited by Darkspace

57 minutes ago, ocso639 said:

How do you get to another star system? I know what the parts are but I can't get my time-warp to be fast enough for manuevers...

Generally you do any combination of the following:

• Install BetterTimeWarp for higher timewarp limits
  • spam tanks on your interstellar ship then point and (shoot) burn like a madman
  • grab lunch because these burns will likely be very long
  • install a mod that provides some form of FTL tech, which may not always be readily able/prepared for you to get around

On 9/4/2018 at 11:10 AM, JadeOfMaar said:

Generally you do any combination of the following:

• Install BetterTimeWarp for higher timewarp limits
  • spam tanks on your interstellar ship then point and (shoot) burn like a madman
  • grab lunch because these burns will likely be very long
  • install a mod that provides some form of FTL tech, which may not always be readily able/prepared for you to get around

good idea but FTL tech isn't needed cause you can use stock engines to get around a stars orbit

Is 0.8 compatible with Sigma Dimensions? I recall someone mentioning a while back that 0.8 would bring such compatibility but when I tried it, it did not work. It may have been an error on my part, but I wanted to check if it ought to be working before I waste time trying to fix it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone. Because this mod has been abandoned and the devs haven't been around. I decided (together with my team), to take over Kerbal Galaxy . More news on dev and progress will follow soon. No worries, this mod won't be merged, but just revived.

Edited by StarCrusher96

Just now, Poodmund said:

Okay, I was just making sure that the player-base and your dev team was aware of this issue.

we are ... thanks for making us aware.

again for those who will get confused by Poodmund's intervention.

Hi everyone. Because this mod has been abandoned and the devs haven't been around. I decided (together with my team), to take over Kerbal Galaxy . More news on dev and progress will follow soon. No worries, this mod won't be merged, but just revived.

Edited by StarCrusher96

36 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Thank you

You could change the license on this mod to match the other mod if you want. Then you could merge them

Well if i wanted to change the license, i'd change it to the same one I use for KSS, but i dont think people would agree if i did that.

Edited by StarCrusher96

7 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

Well if i wanted to change the license, i'd change it to the same one I use for KSS, but i dont think people would agree if i did that.

You can't legally go from a share-a-like license to the more restrictive no derivatives license without there being issues. You'd have to go the way Linux is suggesting and make KSS share-a-like to do so, unfortunately.

EDIT: To do so, however, you're whole Dev team would have to be in agreement to go towards the newly, more permissive share-a-like license.

Edited by Poodmund

4 hours ago, Poodmund said:

You can't legally go from a share-a-like license to the more restrictive no derivatives license without there being issues. You'd have to go the way Linux is suggesting and make KSS share-a-like to do so, unfortunately.

EDIT: To do so, however, you're whole Dev team would have to be in agreement to go towards the newly, more permissive share-a-like license.

Not going to happen for KSS. 

I would simply like to express my gratitude that someone has made a beautiful "legit" pack like this. Once I get a proper computer, I will download this. I also had this reaction when I saw the update:

On 9/16/2018 at 8:26 PM, The Minmus Derp said:

phoo its still alive!

Hope you guys get to 1.0 soon!

Many thanks, Hanson.

P.S. Does this work for 1.4.2.?

Edited by HansonKerman

18 hours ago, HansonKerman said:

I would simply like to express my gratitude that someone has made a beautiful "legit" pack like this. Once I get a proper computer, I will download this. I also had this reaction when I saw the update:

Hope you guys get to 1.0 soon!

Many thanks, Hanson.

P.S. Does this work for 1.4.2.?

This will work with any version of 1.4