[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

StarCrusher96

DUMB FPS question:

I've had trouble with a CLEAN & newest KSS and FPS - even without another mods installed and I have a very high-end CPU with 32 gigs RAM. FlareReplacer helps a little with Scaterer .   Frustrating because I like KSS.  Makes very little difference on min or max graphic settings.

I get 150fps stock on max settings. .

Anyway, can I ASSUME, if my video card gets KSS 10k performance in 3Dmark11 and I get 10fps and a new high-end card gets 40k in 3dmark11, then I SHOULD get 40fps in KSS ??

IF YOU GET BETTER THAN 20FPS, WHAT CARD ARE YOU USING ?

If this is true, then I'll get the best card possible.  But I'm concerned this logic won't work because I get the same speed with min or max graphic settings.  I also hear KSP is a physics game, so any "bragging rights" card won't help any.

Sorry for beating an dead horse.  673.gif

Any ideas?  If I need to show a log, what file exactly ?

thanks!

Edited by enewmen

On 9/16/2018 at 3:27 PM, StarCrusher96 said:

Hi everyone. Because this mod has been abandoned and the devs haven't been around. I decided (together with my team), to take over Kerbal Galaxy . More news on dev and progress will follow soon. No worries, this mod won't be merged, but just revived.

Wait- so this mod is postponed for KG? Is that it? (also I'm your biggest fan)

Hey guys,

if you use FF (Final Frontier) with KSS i guess you experienced all the missing ribbons for stars like e.g. Kega. I started to create ribbons for the Core Stars with the Kermes Galaxy extrapack. In total that would be around 900 ribbons in total.

My Plans are creating ribbons for every single celestial object in every Kss-Pack

thats a lot of work :D

Hi. I know it says on the installation guide on the wiki that the stock planet overhaul will eventually be optional. This is directly contradicted however on the bottom of the planned features page where it is implied this cannot be done without compromising the character of the mod and suggesting it ought to be made optional is an insult to the developers. I mean no disrespect but I really love the feel of the stock system and would absolutely use this mod if the overhaul of the stock bodies was optional. I simply want to know which text is correct. Is the vanilla planet overhaul planned to become optional?

Edited by ThatOneBritishGuy...

On 9/29/2018 at 12:45 AM, ThatOneBritishGuy... said:

Hi. I know it says on the installation guide on the wiki that the stock planet overhaul will eventually be optional. This is directly contradicted however on the bottom of the planned features page where it is implied this cannot be done without compromising the character of the mod and suggesting it ought to be made optional is an insult to the developers. I mean no disrespect but I really love the feel of the stock system and would absolutely use this mod if the overhaul of the stock bodies was optional. I simply want to know which text is correct. Is the vanilla planet overhaul planned to become optional?

The text at the planned features page was before we decided to add stock compatibility :P

1 hour ago, StarCrusher96 said:

see page 1, why i changed the name.

hmmm.. read it a couple times thru... even the wiki, installation guide, and changelog... guess I am missing it vOv :P

From your answer tho, i guess this *was* once Kerbol star systems.

Thanx

EDIT: nvm... found it... it was in the only hidden tag I didnt check... I guess 3rd time is the charm :P

Edited by Stone Blue

Installing this mod to a vanila KSP 1.4.5 gets stuck in the initial menu. It makes the latter unresponsive to clicking any of the options like start a game. This is a minimal installation of just kopernicus and the KSS_core.

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 4:49 PM, RocketSquid said:

Okay, what sort of specs should I be looking at to run this? It seems like it's a lot of stuff.

Also, is there any way to keep Minmus the way it is?

Delete the Minmus config.

5 hours ago, Eaten by Black Hole said:

Ksc under the water

This is a known issue. If you can spare a moment or two to take a look back through this thread you should be able to find some more information on it. Or maybe a search within this thread would be easier. Anyways which looking dramatic it is nothing more than a visual issue, it does not break KSP.

On 10/15/2018 at 9:21 PM, TeslaPenguin1 said:

I like most of the revamped Kerbol system, but I want to keep Gilly and Minmus where they are. Can I safely delete their config files?

remove the Gilly and Minmus configs will work.

Edited by StarCrusher96