[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

StarCrusher96

On 12/1/2018 at 12:23 PM, Adstriduum said:

Also, when it comes to realism, The only thing that is being made sure is if the orbits are stable (most of them are). Too many of one star type might get a bit repetitive. In this area gameplay is what were are focusing on, rather then complete and total realism. Also, too many system would become a problem. We have a few more planned but that's really it. I'm not too sure of the exact number. But thanks anyways. Some will be taken into consideration. :)

Well it was a grammatical error. And now that it is fixed I can rest peacefully.

Delete the configs for the Kerbol System and don't install the extended one. You can delete the textures as well but this is optional.

Is this about kss? If it isn't then just saying its about kss.

and also what i mean about long-perion is AROUND HYPAT'S DISTANCE.

(300-5000 KAU)

1 hour ago, ILoveStars said:

Is this about kss? If it isn't then just saying its about kss.

and also what i mean about long-perion is AROUND HYPAT'S DISTANCE.

(300-5000 KAU)

They aren't exactly practical though. The closest thing planned for them is rouge planets, which more should hopefully be added 0.8.2.

And yes this is about KSS.

On 12/3/2018 at 12:15 PM, kmMango said:

Tried this. Deleting all the configs resulted in the game not loading from main menu even after 3 hours of waiting. Deleting some just caused the relevant bodies to cease existing rather than reappear in the proper locations.

I'm not by my computer so you will have to do some digging. I got Minmus back into it's proper orbit by deleting the config in the Celestial section and then I found the file that has the list of configs and deleting the Minmus one out of that. If you do that it might work for all the planet not sure if it's the stock texture I didn't get time to check it.

2 hours ago, reducing said:

I'm not by my computer so you will have to do some digging. I got Minmus back into it's proper orbit by deleting the config in the Celestial section and then I found the file that has the list of configs and deleting the Minmus one out of that. If you do that it might work for all the planet not sure if it's the stock texture I didn't get time to check it.

Where was this list of configs? Don't need specific right now, just generally which folder was it in, KSS or Kopernicus?

Edited by kmMango

1 hour ago, kmMango said:

Where was this list of configs? Don't need specific right now, just generally which folder was it in, KSS or Kopernicus?

I believe it was in the KSS file, it was a .cfg with all the stock planets. Maybe it was in the extended Kerbol system. Sorry I wont have access to the files for awhile.

First of all, this is such a fantastic mod and I can really see so much work and love has been put into it!  Thank you for all your hard work!

Since I started playing using KSS, though, I have an issue where any vessels that were orbiting The Mun will be gone when I load the game again, but anything landed on The Mun are still fine, same with anything around Kerbin or Kerbol (not sure about other planets or stars, still working on getting there! :P)  It's very possible that I simply have way too many mods going at once, and something screwy is happening in the background.  I've also found that if I reload my most recent hard save, all of the vessels are back and in their proper orbits, and are even still running life support, tracking bodies, etc.  Because I can just reload to get them all back, and there's no errors or crashes from it, it's not too big a deal but I was wondering if there was a way to fix it.

I'd be happy to provide a log but looking through it I don't even see any related errors, and the fact that it can be fixed by just reloading makes me think it's just some weird issue deep down in the initial game loading.

If anyone else is having this problem, you can fix it by just making sure to do a hard save every now and then and then loading that hard save as soon as you load up your game.

17 hours ago, MabelSyrup said:

First of all, this is such a fantastic mod and I can really see so much work and love has been put into it!  Thank you for all your hard work!

Since I started playing using KSS, though, I have an issue where any vessels that were orbiting The Mun will be gone when I load the game again, but anything landed on The Mun are still fine, same with anything around Kerbin or Kerbol (not sure about other planets or stars, still working on getting there! :P)  It's very possible that I simply have way too many mods going at once, and something screwy is happening in the background.  I've also found that if I reload my most recent hard save, all of the vessels are back and in their proper orbits, and are even still running life support, tracking bodies, etc.  Because I can just reload to get them all back, and there's no errors or crashes from it, it's not too big a deal but I was wondering if there was a way to fix it.

I'd be happy to provide a log but looking through it I don't even see any related errors, and the fact that it can be fixed by just reloading makes me think it's just some weird issue deep down in the initial game loading.

If anyone else is having this problem, you can fix it by just making sure to do a hard save every now and then and then loading that hard save as soon as you load up your game.

Some of these issues come from reparenting Kerbin. It is a stock bug.

IIRC there is a fix, so expect this in the next major update.

I can't wait for this to be compatible with TWB, looks awesome! May I ask if this mod indeed requires a beefy system to run nicely? I'm confident my system can run it fine I'm skeptical as I currently have over 140 mods installed and depending on the situation can sometimes drop below 40fps. Either way I'll probably need to work out which mods I can get rid of to make it a bit smoother