StarCrusher96

[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Shkeiru said:

*will the game handle such a huge ship ?... without too much part i think it will be smooth*

The pyramid on Duna is 1x1 km? It’s not a ship.

Edited by StarCrusher96

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, some weird compatibility Issues:
- GPP is MIA
- OPM is around the All, which kind of renders the whole Mysteriousness of the All obsolete
- Extrasolar is MIA
- GPO is MIA (Side note: according to CKAN GPO and GPP are incompatible in all combinations)
- All other minor packs I tried are MIA for now, I'll continue trying and post what I find.

On the other hand, Maybe I am installing something very wrong....

Edited by OverlordMorgoth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/10/2017 at 2:00 PM, StarCrusher96 said:

UPDATE 0.7.2.! 

23 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

UPDATE 0.7.3.! 

:o:o:o:o:o

faints

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OverlordMorgoth said:


- OPM is around the All, which kind of renders the whole Mysteriousness of the All obsolete



OPM put in its place by simply changing the referenceBody from Sun to Kerlanes and voilà. This albeit threw up another question, is the All the center of the universe?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, OverlordMorgoth said:

This albeit threw up another question, is the All the center of the universe?

Shhhhh! We do not speak of such sensitive things, or we might awaken Dev Secrets.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OverlordMorgoth said:

OK, some weird compatibility Issues:
- GPP is MIA
- OPM is around the All, which kind of renders the whole Mysteriousness of the All obsolete
- Extrasolar is MIA
- GPO is MIA (Side note: according to CKAN GPO and GPP are incompatible in all combinations)
- All other minor packs I tried are MIA for now, I'll continue trying and post what I find.

On the other hand, Maybe I am installing something very wrong....

StarCrusher said somewhere he's temporarily removing all planet mod compatibility to help him fix stuff concerning Kopernicus. By default, KSS will remove any planet pack whose name alphabetically starts earlier than it.

@Galileo in his great wisdom (and this is a compliment. No sarcasm) marked GPP and GPO incompatible because they both make the home system gigantic and they both replace Kerbin.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shkeiru said:

I 'LL SEND A SHIP OF 1x1 km !

I'll need evidence :P 

31 minutes ago, OverlordMorgoth said:



OPM put in its place by simply changing the referenceBody from Sun to Kerlanes and voilà. This albeit threw up another question, is the All the center of the universe?

I've got patches for OPM, and other planetpacks, just took them out the update to focus on bugs only related to KSS. Yes the All is the centre of the KSS universe. 

Edited by StarCrusher96
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Shkeiru said:

I 'LL SEND A SHIP OF 1x1 km !

 

If you really wanted to, you can try and make a ship larger than Jes, which only needs to be about 100m across :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, TheSpacePotato said:

If you really wanted to, you can try and make a ship larger than Jes, which only needs to be about 100m across :wink:

It really isn't that hard, especially if it's a mass probe mission or colony.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gyrfalcon5 said:

It really isn't that hard

Yeah ! We are on KSP , 100 meters is "easy" to make, one kilometer is better ^^ (But for now i'll play at ARK: aberration guys :)  )

Is KSS 0.7.3 working on ksp 1.3.0 ?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Shkeiru said:

Yeah ! We are on KSP , 100 meters is "easy" to make, one kilometer is better ^^ (But for now i'll play at ARK: aberration guys :)  )

Is KSS 0.7.3 working on ksp 1.3.0 ?

If kopernicus release 3 supports 1.3 i guess it will work. Otherwise not i’m affraid.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/10/2017 at 5:05 PM, Pepethecat said:

Systems...? Im running the whole KSS Package XD

On 12/10/2017 at 5:06 PM, StarCrusher96 said:

Oh god that’s why.

....are we not supposed to do that? lol

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jumberlack said:

....are we not supposed to do that? lol

 

No necessarily, it's just that having that many textures and things to load in can be a determent to performance. With the full package (not includeing EVE), you can expect 10-15 minute loading times.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jumberlack said:

....are we not supposed to do that? lol

 

That's up to you ... When we reach v1.0 I doubt if anyone willl be able to play the full package.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jumberlack said:

....are we not supposed to do that? lol

 

Well, you can, but it's a tank on the computer and prolongs the loading time to where you can get a good exercise in before the game loads and you can spend hours sitting at a desk playing KSS :P 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

StarCrusher said somewhere he's temporarily removing all planet mod compatibility to help him fix stuff concerning Kopernicus. By default, KSS will remove any planet pack whose name alphabetically starts earlier than it.

@Galileo in his great wisdom (and this is a compliment. No sarcasm) marked GPP and GPO incompatible because they both make the home system gigantic and they both replace Kerbin.

6 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

I've got patches for OPM, and other planetpacks, just took them out the update to focus on bugs only related to KSS. Yes the All is the centre of the KSS universe. 

@Galileo Let us hope his great wisdom will reconsider with KSS (still no sarcasm, great job on the planet pack m8)

@StarCrusher96 Keep us posted on those patches, the hype train has no brakes as we all know (what bugs?, been bad to your mod the whole weekend, except eternal night on Kerbin it works perfect.). On the same note: Is there any plans for Kerbal Origins, Extrasolar Planets Beyond Kerbol (Loved to keep that one around Kerbol), Dwarf Planets Plus, SSRSS, Cabbinks Challenge Planet Pack, Boris Sytem etc.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

That's up to you ... When we reach v1.0 I doubt if anyone willl be able to play the full package.

Challenge Accepted... :cool:

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, OverlordMorgoth said:

On the same note: Is there any plans for Kerbal Origins, Extrasolar Planets Beyond Kerbol (Loved to keep that one around Kerbol), Dwarf Planets Plus, SSRSS, Cabbinks Challenge Planet Pack, Boris Sytem etc.

Actually, Extrasolar might be compatible with KSS since it doesn't reparent Kerbin and adds a new star system instead of new planets. It might be pretty close to The All, though :P

There's also no need for SSRSS since that's basically the Kerbol System (and it's incompatible in more ways than one :wink:)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, OverlordMorgoth said:

On the same note: Is there any plans for Kerbal Origins, Extrasolar Planets Beyond Kerbol (Loved to keep that one around Kerbol), Dwarf Planets Plus, SSRSS, Cabbinks Challenge Planet Pack, Boris Sytem etc.

I think at this point if you want KSS to be compatible for planet packs that have not already been somewhat implemented (GPP, OPM, GPO), then you should go ask them to make a compatibility patch with KSS (instead of the other way around). Starcrusher is busy and KSS is still under construction, so we can't possibly afford to do all the compatibility stuff at the moment.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

im underway to the kerolon system

screenshot6_zps0lauj9hs.png

eta 59 years. i should have used npu1000s. but with 600+ parts i didnt want to launch it again. even though i was launching from naith (kerbal konstructs), i dint like how explodey it looked. and with every kerbal i have on board i dint really want to screw up. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Nuke said:

im underway to the kerolon system

screenshot6_zps0lauj9hs.png

eta 59 years. i should have used npu1000s. but with 600+ parts i didnt want to launch it again. even though i was launching from naith (kerbal konstructs), i dint like how explodey it looked. and with every kerbal i have on board i dint really want to screw up. 

What mods are you using? Just curious. :P

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Greatness101 said:

What mods are you using? Just curious. :P

the most rescent kss, hanger, boom boom, bd weapons (not used here), airplane plus, near future *, tweakscale, kis (derp i forgot to bring tools lol), kerbal konstructs (used for off kerbin launches, while its totally possible to take off from kirbin in this thing if you load the big nukes, it would likely level the launch site and possibly break the ship),  and their dependencies, and a lot of hax i did myself (and some of my old mods that are sort of working). im also not beyond tweaking the other mods, i had to tweak the cg on the ground hanger because it was throwing my cg out of whack (and i want to do 2001/b5 style spinneh dockings) the centrifuge is made out of a lot of airplane plus parts, like the little angle widget was what made this all possible (and provided all the 2.5m parts for the ring), i think i manually copypastad the widget to scale it up from a 1.25 part to a 2.5m part (though a tweakscale patch is available i think). im not sure where the big lf tank comes from, im using 6 stock nervas as secondary propulsion, for trimming manuvers. the thrusters are lithium mpd thrusters i think from one of the near future mods. i also got 2 small nf nuclear reactors for power while in interstellar space.  its also crashed my computer 4 times, this is about the limit of what my computer can handle. 

the spokes are 22 stock structural fusalages long and i estimate this thing has a centrifugal radius around 45m. spinning this up to 3.15 rpm should give me half a g and kerbals will only be slightly disoriented according to spincalc. 

Edited by Nuke
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.