[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

StarCrusher96

6 hours ago, Darkspace said:

Did you install KSS Core? If not. Then install it and then download the exoplanets.

If Duna is shown instead of Kerbin in the main menu, then this means its working. 

(And Duna from KSS Looks unusually similar to Mars)

For me, Github is the easiest way to install a mod so, it might be easy for you aswell.

After downloading a file, the WINrar file will open. Inside a folder named KSS Blah blah blah will be a Gamedata. If you want it to be easier but risk accidentally putting it in another file then click the gamedata file and a folder named KSS will be revealed. Click inside Gamedata and drag the KSS folder into here.

Also, are you missing Kopernicus?

Ok, so it’s basically the standard mod installation process

I have Kopernicus

Do I put celestial objects from star systems in the “celestials” folder in KSS core? (That’s what I originally tried) Or should I install the star systems as separate mods?

9 hours ago, Darkspace said:

Did you install KSS Core? If not. Then install it and then download the exoplanets.

If Duna is shown instead of Kerbin in the main menu, then this means its working. 

(And Duna from KSS Looks unusually similar to Mars)

For me, Github is the easiest way to install a mod so, it might be easy for you aswell.

After downloading a file, the WINrar file will open. Inside a folder named KSS Blah blah blah will be a Gamedata. If you want it to be easier but risk accidentally putting it in another file then click the gamedata file and a folder named KSS will be revealed. Click inside Gamedata and drag the KSS folder into here.

Also, are you missing Kopernicus?

I have Kopernicus.

Ok, I've installed KSS core the way you told me to. I haven't installed anything else (like optional things or star systems) yet. I'm still not seeing any changes.

3 hours ago, Some random person said:

Ok, so it’s basically the standard mod installation process

I have Kopernicus

Do I put celestial objects from star systems in the “celestials” folder in KSS core? (That’s what I originally tried) Or should I install the star systems as separate mods?

you dont have to do anything besides opening the ZIPfile. and past the content of GameData into your KSP GameData folder.

That's it ...

4 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

you dont have to do anything besides opening the ZIPfile. and past the content of GameData into your KSP GameData folder.

That's it ...

Hmm, I must be having a problem with Kopernicus then.

The parts are showing up now, but no changes have been made to the solar system. I'm running KSP 1.4.1, and I found that there aren't any versions of Kopernicus for KSP 1.4.1, so I'm trying to run Kopernicus 1.4.2-1 instead. Am I making a noticeable mistake here?

EDIT: I've run some tests and Kopernicus is definitely the problem. Any way to make it work in 1.4.1?

Edited by Some random person

Good news. Upon seeing a new version, 0.8.2.1, I installed only Core and Scatterer to my overly modded game. Kerbin is now blue in KSC and Flight. Oceans are blue. Sadly sky is black and devoid of any starts. Kerbin is black in Map view from Flight. Progress :)

I completely understand being over whelmed by the huge number of mods I run KSP with. I have a tiny test install which I shall now install Scatterer and KSS Core & Scatterer to. I will edit this post with the result.

edit.

Ok for my tiny test install I get blue sky, oceans, land etc. Everything looks lovely. One slightly odd thing though. I launched a pod. Or rather just placed one on the runway. Merely to get into Flight. Map from Flight looks great. But in Flight, if you zoom out, eventually you see a black sky with stars. Also great. However if you tilt the camera angle by clicking and dragging the mouse, there is a point when the sky goes black. All the stars vanish. As if the lovely skybox? gets dropped. You can move the mouse around without dragging and clicking whilst the sky is black, you do get to see your local sun.

I rather like this mod, hence me dropping by and letting you know how I am getting on with it.

edit.

Ok I am an idiot. I forgot to install Kopernicus into my test install. I spotted it when I went to add EVE.

Right. So. Forget what I said about clicking and dragging the mouse. Map from Flight gives me a black Kerbin. So that is sad.

Here is the log for that: https://www.dropbox.com/s/svr98lr9j7xbqfm/saves for KSS.3.TEST.output_log.rar?dl=0

I booted KSP, went to SPH, picked a pod, launched, zoomed out and looked around. Then I went to Map from Flight, zoomed out and looked around. Then Esc quit back up until game was quit. Hope this helps.

edit.

Looking at the log file, I see a whole lot of this:

Spoiler

(Filename:  Line: -1)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at scatterer.Manager.getDirectionToCelestialBody (.CelestialBody target) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at scatterer.SkyNode.UpdateStuff () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at scatterer.SkyNode.OnPreCull () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at scatterer.SunFlare.updateProperties () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at scatterer.SunflareCameraHook.OnPreRender () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at scatterer.SunFlare.updateProperties () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at scatterer.SunflareCameraHook.OnPreRender () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Edited by Apaseall

3 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

@Apaseall 

just installed scatterer the wrong way ... somehow.

Do you mean 1 I did, 2 you did, 3 my cat did ?

So I downloaded scatterer agin. Installed. All looks good until you go from flight to map. Same black Kerbin. Is there something I am missing?

1 hour ago, StarCrusher96 said:

Few Updates + A new planet.

- Retextured Narath (the old one looked dated)

- Added Methus, a planet around Karkua. (Karkua System)

-> All updated folders are now numbered 0.8.2.2

screenshot168.png?width=718&height=404

screenshot134.png?width=718&height=404

screenshot172.png?width=775&height=436

That. planet. looks. awesome. will it have moons? Will Karkua have any other planets?

14 minutes ago, The Minmus Derp said:

That. planet. looks. awesome. will it have moons? Will Karkua have any other planets?

It's probably a no for both of those things. As far as planets around black holes go we might add a Gargantua System analogue around N-1 :P

On 8/26/2018 at 8:32 PM, Apaseall said:

Do you mean 1 I did, 2 you did, 3 my cat did ?

So I downloaded scatterer agin. Installed. All looks good until you go from flight to map. Same black Kerbin. Is there something I am missing?

send me your KSP.logs please

Hi, i have been wanting to install KSS for awhile now but were waiting for a new pc. I got it and first thing i did was install ksp and kss. i installed it all right and added the extended kerbol system + EVE and scatterer and i had a bug. in the space center, map and when in the atmosphere the sky was black with clouds but weirdly in the tracking station and when orbiting a planet it was fine. It was a small inconvenience but i didn't mind that much so i installed the rest of the planet packs and the next time i tried to open the game it would get to the end of the loading and crash. I can show you my KSS and Gamedata files if necessary. I am not complaining and totally open to the fact that I made a mistake and installed it wrong can anyone help? 

Specs:

GPU ASUS ROG STRIX 1070ti

CPU i7 8700

RAM 16gb 3000mhz

(I also have a 500gb M.2 SSD which i can move ksp onto it that would help)

Edit:

im going to try and reinstall everything

Edit:

This is really weird i reinstalled everything with no planet packs just the core and still got that black sky. again when in tracking station its fine but when in the game in the atmosphere just black with clouds. weirdly if i zoom in into the black atmosphere its fine underneath. my guess is that the kss scatterer visuals addon is the culprit or just scatterer itself.

Edit:

From further research i found that if im in a higher orbit still that same black Kerbin. also i found that any planet with a atmosphere is affected Duna, Eve and Jool are the ones i checked. In Jools case its just black with nothing else kinda creepy tbh...

here are some images:

https://imgur.com/a/t3P7K78

Edited by RBTwenty

1 hour ago, RBTwenty said:

Hi, i have been wanting to install KSS for awhile now but were waiting for a new pc. I got it and first thing i did was install ksp and kss. i installed it all right and added the extended kerbol system + EVE and scatterer and i had a bug. in the space center, map and when in the atmosphere the sky was black with clouds but weirdly in the tracking station and when orbiting a planet it was fine. It was a small inconvenience but i didn't mind that much so i installed the rest of the planet packs and the next time i tried to open the game it would get to the end of the loading and crash. I can show you my KSS and Gamedata files if necessary. I am not complaining and totally open to the fact that I made a mistake and installed it wrong can anyone help? 

That's a bug from reparenting Kerbin that we can't fix :P

1 hour ago, TheSpacePotato said:

That's a bug from reparenting Kerbin that we can't fix :P

If i uninstall scatterer will it work then?

also is everyone having this bug or just me?

Edited by RBTwenty