[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

StarCrusher96

10 hours ago, Wilhelm Kerman said:

Is there any chance that the KSS StarChaser was based of this?

20160106_110_2560_cc_002_by_macrebisz-d9

A E S T H E T I C

also gonna make that now, will try to post pics

EDIT: I think those 3 rectangular boxes behind the 3 cylinders inspired the "Pilgrim" centrifuge from SSPXr

Edited by Saltshaker

On 12/27/2017 at 2:12 PM, walkman01 said:

Oh yeah I know that I can still do it, I was just wondering if it’s possible to fix the contract progression so it tells me to explore the Kerbin-Mun system and then the Kerbol system a bit more before I get into neutron stars. (The stock contract progression system only allows you to do one contract in this questline at a time, you have to finish it before it gives you another) I haven’t even flown by the Mun yet, I just got to the third tier of the tech tree, so it’ll be awhile before I’ll have my eye on Kereksus.

idk. maybe this issue could be fixed with later versions of the mod. i can only assume this is possible though as i don't know much about the contract system.

1 hour ago, StarCrusher96 said:

@Wilhelm Kerman 

Just found back the picture, Starchaser is indeed based on this picture! I just took another one months ago. 

Wow... found this while searching for inspiration for interplanetary spacecraft. Its name is 'Kronos 1'.

I'm going to try to build this with Kerbalism for the ring.

Edited by Wilhelm Kerman
New ideas

30 minutes ago, Wilhelm Kerman said:

Wow... found this while searching for inspiration for interplanetary spacecraft. Its name is 'Kronos 1'.

I'm going to try to build this with Kerbalism for the ring.

Try Stockalike Station Parts Expansion Redux in Nertea's FFT thread

@StarCrusher96, I have just gotten to install this mod, but I am facing a problem.

I am aware that you stated that loading could take >10mins, but I've been waiting for much longer than 40 minutes by now.

I also get an error report from Kopernicus once the game has loaded up (not the save) stating:

Kopernicus was not able to load the custom planetary system due to an execption in the loading process. Loading your savegames is NOT recommended, because the missing planets could corrupt it and delete your progress.

Please contact the planet pack author or the Kopernicus team about the issue and send them a valid bugreport[...]

Note that I am not talking about the time it takes to load up the game, but a newly created save.

My modlist and KSP configuration is as follows:

• KSP: 1.3.1 (Win64) - Unity: 5.4.0p4 - OS: Windows 10  (10.0.0) 64bit
    Kopernicus (and all it's dependencies, I've checked)
    KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.6.2
    KerbalStarSystems - 0.7.2 (Only KSS_0.7.3_BASIC.zip and KSS_0.7.3_Extended_Kerbol_System.zip)
    ModularFlightIntegrator - 1.2.4

You can find all log files here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/arn1krhlkcdwncu/AADn3A6h9nH2-6MmScRup05va?dl=0

(KSP.log, ModuleManager.ConfigCache and Kopernicus Log from root folder).

I have followed the install guide provided with the zip file to the best of my knowledge...

My hardware is quite alright too, >8gb ram, quadcore 4ghz processor and ssd.

I won't give up on the wait, but it's really taking a loooong time. I am not sure if this is something I'd just have to put up with or a bug, so I tought I should maybe post this. Especially because of the Kopernicus warning.

Cheers

10 minutes ago, PsychicBanana said:

@StarCrusher96, I have just gotten to install this mod, but I am facing a problem.

I am aware that you stated that loading could take >10mins, but I've been waiting for much longer than 40 minutes by now.

I also get an error report from Kopernicus once the game has loaded up (not the save) stating:

Note that I am not talking about the time it takes to load up the game, but a newly created save.

My modlist and KSP configuration is as follows:

• KSP: 1.3.1 (Win64) - Unity: 5.4.0p4 - OS: Windows 10  (10.0.0) 64bit
    Kopernicus (and all it's dependencies, I've checked)
    KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.6.2
    KerbalStarSystems - 0.7.2 (Only KSS_0.7.3_BASIC.zip and KSS_0.7.3_Extended_Kerbol_System.zip)
    ModularFlightIntegrator - 1.2.4

You can find all log files here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/arn1krhlkcdwncu/AADn3A6h9nH2-6MmScRup05va?dl=0

(KSP.log, ModuleManager.ConfigCache and Kopernicus Log from root folder).

I have followed the install guide provided with the zip file to the best of my knowledge...

My hardware is quite alright too, >8gb ram, quadcore 4ghz processor and ssd.

I won't give up on the wait, but it's really taking a loooong time. I am not sure if this is something I'd just have to put up with or a bug, so I tought I should maybe post this. Especially because of the Kopernicus warning.

Cheers

Try first with only kopernicus, modulemanager, modularflightintegrator and kss_basic. If it still won’t work. Send me those logs.

Basically just download the latest kopernicus from github. And kss basic.

Edited by StarCrusher96

I have done as you've requested. Only mods installed are Kopernicus, ModularFlightIntegrator, Mod Manager and KSS Basic. Fresh Install, obviously.

Still won't work.

Here are the new logs: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/arn1krhlkcdwncu/AADn3A6h9nH2-6MmScRup05va?dl=0

If I can supply anything else, let me know.

... Plz halp, I need to play this mod :[

Edited by PsychicBanana
Added some information

One request: make sure that the first few of the milestone after orbit are mun fly by, mun orbit, mun landing, duna fly by, duna orbit, duna landing. I just got "Fly by Kereksus" after orbit kerbin which is impossible without the coniderable cash influx from the explore mun and explore duna. Rendevous is evil without the presise calculations done by people that are not the pilot in real time.

EDIT: I just realized that unaccepted milestone missions despawn after a few days, but it can still be annoying to wait untill they do

Edited by Bastian_5

16 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

Try first with only kopernicus, modulemanager, modularflightintegrator and kss_basic. If it still won’t work. Send me those logs.

Basically just download the latest kopernicus from github. And kss basic.

Do you still have a Squad folder in your GameData folder? used x64.exe?

I don't see problems with KSS, although i'm not an expert in looking for problems in logs. I found these issues:

1. Couldn't open file D:\Games\

2. Texture load error in 'D:\Games\#KSP\Kerbal Space Program\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Squad\Flags\capsule.png': Couldn't open file D:\Games\

-> a lot of these, so i guess there is something wrong with the Squad folder? Or it's no longer located there?

There is a new installationguide on the wiki. It's a lot more detailed than the previous ones.

http://kerbal-star-systems.wikia.com/wiki/Installationguide

Edited by StarCrusher96

tl;dr: I got it to work.

After I completely wiped KSP from my hard drive, then reinstalled it and went through the steps in the Inst.Guide, I still had the problem.

I did, however, get the mod to work after I installed Kopernicus via CKAN... :sealed:

So I must have messed up the Kopernicus install SOMEHOW. Although there really isn't anything to mess up there, so I am not completely positive of where my failure lies.

I will run Kopernicus through CKAN for now and install everything else manually, I guess.

Thanks for your input, I really enjoy your mod so far! @StarCrusher96

Edited by PsychicBanana

11 minutes ago, PsychicBanana said:

About Galileos Planet Pack, Gameslinx's Planet Overhaul and Outer Planets Mod: Do I just install them normally, or do I have to assign them to their respective stars manually?

They don't work right now with KSS. 

I see. What's the reason they are not supported at the moment? Just asking out of curiosity.

BTW, I've played with KSS for ~2h now, and I think that it's really amazing! I love the aesthetics of the overhauled stock bodies, and every other planet I've looked at so far is really great too.

I've dabbled with Galactic Neighbourhood in the past (I know that it's somewhat different), but I really like your take on multiple solar systems. 

1 minute ago, PsychicBanana said:

I see. What's the reason they are not supported at the moment? Just asking out of curiosity.

BTW, I've played with KSS for ~2h now, and I think that it's really amazing! I love the aesthetics of the overhauled stock bodies, and every other planet I've looked at so far is really great too.

I've dabbled with Galactic Neighbourhood in the past (I know that it's somewhat different), but I really like your take on multiple solar systems. 

Well in 0.7.2-3, KSS is for the first time complete in almost 10 months. I want to see what the major bugs are, fix those before I add other big mods to KSS. 

KSS has a history of bugs coming back in updates. For example The Mun that eats vessels ... Think i finally fixed it for 0.7.4