Jump to content

[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018


Recommended Posts

On 1/23/2018 at 8:14 PM, TheSpacePotato said:

That's a secret we'll reveal when the time is right :wink:

It's just an idea right now, anyways. There's no 100% confirmation that would go in the game yet.

And an idea for actually implementing it, maybe make a custom asteroid model of some ship

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Kerbal pancake said:

i just went through the wiki.

you have me dumbfounded you really do KSS team. how long have you been working on this?

Well the idea for a wiki started on March 7, 2017. So 10 months and 18 days.

http://you.regettingold.com/07/03/2017/S1NTIFdpa2k/

This website is supposed to be used for people but I guess it works for the wiki as well :P

Edited by Greatness101
Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried installing this amazing mod, I'm pretty sure i did everything right and i followed the installation intstructions, but when it finally loads (after like 20 minutes) it gets stuck on the main menu and then crashes. I think I'm seeing the world Blato or something on the main menu if that helps, it looks a bit like Kerbin but with rings. Then i tried only installing the basic version and the Nova Kerbani system and then it just loaded for almost an hour until i decided to shut it down. I have 8gb of ram.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ahboouz said:

I tried installing this amazing mod, I'm pretty sure i did everything right and i followed the installation intstructions, but when it finally loads (after like 20 minutes) it gets stuck on the main menu and then crashes. I think I'm seeing the world Blato or something on the main menu if that helps, it looks a bit like Kerbin but with rings. Then i tried only installing the basic version and the Nova Kerbani system and then it just loaded for almost an hour until i decided to shut it down. I have 8gb of ram.

Without logs, i can’t help you. It’s always adviced to start only with basic before adding more parts of KSS. 

Edited by StarCrusher96
Link to post
Share on other sites

I got it working now but it is very laggy and very bad framerate. I think the real problem is my computer. But i will definetely return to this mod when i get a new one! Btw is Duna supposed to be the planet on the main menu if you just have the basic pack?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ahboouz said:

I got it working now but it is very laggy and very bad framerate. I think the real problem is my computer. But i will definetely return to this mod when i get a new one! Btw is Duna supposed to be the planet on the main menu if you just have the basic pack?

yes :P basic should work with 8 Gb thb.

Edited by StarCrusher96
Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it possible to only install a few star systems like Nova and not have the kerbol system + a tonne of other stars without planets? And if it is possible how would I do it? 

 

No hate, I think this mod has a tonne of potential I just personally prefer a stock system plus a few other systems with planets :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ari said:

Is it possible to only install a few star systems like Nova and not have the kerbol system + a tonne of other stars without planets? And if it is possible how would I do it? 

 

No hate, I think this mod has a tonne of potential I just personally prefer a stock system plus a few other systems with planets :)

Sorry, there is no support to undo KSS_basic features. It’s too complicated. The stock changes are the fundamentals of KSS and if you dont want the stock changes, than dont use KSS.

Edited by StarCrusher96
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

Sorry, there is no support to undo KSS_basic features. It’s too complicated. The stock changes are the fundamentals of KSS and if you dont want the stock changes, than dont use KSS.

Thats a shame, maybe one day it could be possible to release a version that has its own separate modular star systems, but like you said, that sounds like a lot of work so I won't bother you with it. 

Do you know of any other star system mods I could add that are stand-alone?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ari said:

Thats a shame, maybe one day it could be possible to release a version that has its own separate modular star systems, but like you said, that sounds like a lot of work so I won't bother you with it. 

Do you know of any other star system mods I could add that are stand-alone?

Galactic Neighborhood does a similar thing, it adds stars but no planets. For planets you have to add various planet packs that have been released, GN reparents those planets around the new stars. And it doesn't modify the home system.

Edited by Sahadara
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Ari said:

Thats a shame, maybe one day it could be possible to release a version that has its own separate modular star systems

KSS is already modular. But only for the other star systems.

The upgraded Kerbol System is mandatory.

10 hours ago, Ari said:

Do you know of any other star system mods I could add that are stand-alone?

There's The World Beyond (which is still unreleased, so you have to wait a while. And it isn't modular. But it keeps the home system the same) and GPP Secondary which is a patch for Galileo's Planet Pack that keeps the stock system intact. Extrasolar is also a good one, it adds one extra solar system with some great quality worlds around it.

None of these have both the sheer scale and quality of KSS though. If I were you I would just enjoy the new Kerbol System. It's much better than the stock system anyway.

I would not recommend Galactic Neighborhood. Since it is a conglomeration of a ton of separate mods the quality is all over the place and super inconsistent.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/27/2018 at 6:48 PM, StarCrusher96 said:

yes :P basic should work with 8 Gb thb.

KSS Basic should work with even 4Gb, or 8Gb if you add a hefty modpack (not sure how much extra systems, like Nova Kirbani, increase RAM requirements).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody wondering what KSS is trying to tell us with its secret lore? 

Well I created a discussion thread on the wiki for you guys to put your heads together and try to solve this mystery! Tell us what you think those mysteries really mean!

http://kerbal-star-systems.wikia.com/d/p/3103467073700295510

60. So a handful of these little green men survived, with only a crater on Kerbin’s surface, some ancient anomalies, and a handful of ancient tales passed down for generations to remember the events of the distant past.

Edited by TheSpacePotato
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, TheSpacePotato said:

Anybody wondering what KSS is trying to tell us with its secret lore? 

Well I created a discussion thread on the wiki for you guys to put your heads together and try to solve this mystery! Tell us what you think those mysteries really mean!

http://kerbal-star-systems.wikia.com/d/p/3103467073700295510

60. So a handful of these little green men survived, with only a crater on Kerbin’s surface, some ancient anomalies, and a handful of ancient tales passed down for generations to remember the events of the distant past.

I don't have a fandom account, so I'll post here.

I think that because of the similarities between many of the systems in the Kermes cluster, (notably Trappist 1, Alpha Centauri, Barnard's star,) that the Precursors were (or are) humans. I have seen many comments asking about turning the Kerbol system back into the stock system. They have always been met with angry developers that say time and time again that the modifications to the Kerbol system are a cruicial part of KSS lore.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Wilhelm Kerman said:

I don't have a fandom account, so I'll post here.

You don't need a fandom account to post there, that's why I made it there, so other people could contribute :)

If you want I can post for you though

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, TheSpacePotato said:

You don't need a fandom account to post there, that's why I made it there, so other people could contribute :)

If you want I can post for you though

I can post on other pages such as Kerbol System but not in discussions.

Yes, that would be appreciated.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...