Jump to content

[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Lil guy said:

So.... have KSS been compatible with Sigma Binary yet ?

Its compatible with no other planet packs yet.

Unless you want to break games, and have all the stars in a low orbit around the All.

Don't take my word for it, I'm not a developer!:sticktongue:

Edited by Wilhelm Kerman
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Wilhelm Kerman said:

Its compatible with no other planet packs yet.

Unless you want to break games, and have all the stars in a low orbit around the All.

Don't take my word for it, I'm not a developer!:sticktongue:

It isn't a planet pack, it is a mod that can create a barycenter between two objects....

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Jeb's Pirotecnics Guy said:

How is it that you replace the stock planets with revamped ones?

I am starting to use kopernicus and am wondering how this is done.

In GPO how gameslikx did it was with the GPO config file in the folder that had the phrase (!Body[Kerbin] {})

I'm wondering how you did it since I can't find a file like this I your mod.

Same trick as GPO, and after the original planets are removed, new edited stock templates replace them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

Same trick as GPO, and after the original planets are removed, new edited stock templates replace them.

I'm looking for that file

I don't know where it is.

I remember that !Body[Kerbin] {} is added than the new kerbin config is added.

is it in the file KSS_Kopernicus in kopernicus files.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Jeb's Pirotecnics Guy said:

I'm looking for that file

I don't know where it is.

I remember that !Body[Kerbin] {} is added than the new kerbin config is added.

is it in the file KSS_Kopernicus in kopernicus files.

This? Yeah it's there. Just one line though that removes all the planets.

Spoiler

@Kopernicus:BEFORE[KSS]
{    
    !Body,* {}
}

But if you want to learn how to make planets I advice you to look at the kopernicus examples. KSS is licensed so using cfg's from KSS is not possible. (But this particular line above is used by many mods.)

Edited by StarCrusher96
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

This? Yeah it's there. Just one line though that removes all the planets.

  Reveal hidden contents

@Kopernicus:BEFORE[KSS]
{    
    !Body,* {}
}

But if you want to learn how to make planets I advice you to look at the kopernicus examples. KSS is licensed so using cfg's from KSS is not possible. (But this particular line above is used by many mods.)

I'm Not using KSS configs to make planets, but I am using them as make-shift tutorials to learn how to make them. I would use other tutorials but The White Guardian's for some reason didn't work and other ones require Kittopia tech which for some reason doesn't work. Same thing for kopernicus Examples, plus kopernicus Examples configs are a Big mess, I can barely read them.

Edited by Jeb's Fireworks Guy
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Jeb's Pirotecnics Guy said:

I'm Not using KSS configs to make planets, but I am using them as make-shift tutorials to learn how to make them. I would use other tutorials but The White Guardian's for some reason didn't work and other ones require Kittopia tech which for some reason doesn't work.

Yeah no prob. I have certain ways to achieve my planet's terrain so I can tell pretty quick if someone's using KSS stuff. :P 

Edited by StarCrusher96
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Wilhelm Kerman said:

A tip to people starting with this mod, use dx11. It has enabled me to run KSS with minimal lag while using visuals, while before without dx11, barely the mod itself.

Don’t you have problems with Duna and Oran’s scatterer? I’m reducing the visuals file size for 0.8.

Edited by StarCrusher96
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

Don’t you have problems with Duna and Oran’s scatterer? I’m reducing the visuals file size for 0.8.

I haven't installed the Expanded Kerbol System (yet), I'm currently playing basic but I think Duna is completely black. I think it is worth it though because I mainly go to tropical Laythe, and the atmosphere colour looks beautiful.

Edited by Wilhelm Kerman
Link to post
Share on other sites

So, I was wondering why I felt a lot of anxiety when flying around the systems in KSS, and looked it up on the internet. Here's the short version

 

>mfw on dev team of largest planet mod in the history of KSP

>mfw megalophobia

 

What do?

Edited by Pxtseryu
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, theaveragepxtseryu said:

So, I was wondering why I felt a lot of anxiety when flying around the systems in KSS, and looked it up on the internet. Here's the short version

 

>mfw on dev team of largest planet mod in the history of KSP

>mfw megalophobia

 

What do?

Don't look out the window/ writing screen

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Greatness101 said:

It continues to confuse me how KSS isn't more popular than it is :P

 

It doesn't add anything mega-interesting right on Kerbin's doorstep? Could be a reason (i.e. not around a gas planet (AltKer/NewHorizons) or large revamps to inner system along with outer (GPP) kinda just guessing

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Saltshaker said:

It doesn't add anything mega-interesting right on Kerbin's doorstep? Could be a reason (i.e. not around a gas planet (AltKer/NewHorizons) or large revamps to inner system along with outer (GPP) kinda just guessing

Well one theory we have is that KSS was released around the same time as GPP was, and GPP was immediately favored because of popular youtubers doing gameplay (Scott Manley, for example). That led to youtubers doing videos on GPP and KSS being forgotten. Also when KSS was released it didn't have nearly as much to offer compared to now, and most people tend to not like having to wait a while for updates and would rather have everything as soon as possible (not their fault, it's normal for everyone to like not waiting). We're going to see if we can get youtubers to review KSS once 0.8 comes out and drive up some attention :)

Edited by TheSpacePotato
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TheSpacePotato said:

Well one theory we have is that KSS was released along the same time as GPP was, and GPP was immediately favored because of popular youtubers doing gameplay (Scott Manley, for example). That led to youtubers doing videos on GPP and KSS being forgotten. Also when KSS was released it didn't have nearly as much to offer compared to now, and most people tend to not like having to wait a while for updates and would rather have everything as soon as possible (not their fault, it's normal for everyone to like not waiting). We're going to see if we can get youtubers to review KSS once 0.8 comes out and drive up some attention :)

There have been some people requesting it on Kottabos' videos...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Saltshaker said:

There have been some people requesting it on Kottabos' videos...

I know, I've even requested it a couple times, but if you look at the front page of the KSS thread you can see this at the top:

*KEEP IN MIND THIS MOD IS STILL IN DEV - THIS IS NOT THE FINISHED PRODUCT, PLEASE REVIEW THIS MOD AFTER 0.8 OR 0.9 IS RELEASED*

@StarCrusher96 doesn't want Kottabos reviewing KSS while it's incomplete like some other mods on his channel usually are, since it makes it look like the mod might be worse than it is. That'll probably be taken down after 0.8 :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...