[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

StarCrusher96

2 hours ago, Saltshaker said:

It doesn't add anything mega-interesting right on Kerbin's doorstep? Could be a reason (i.e. not around a gas planet (AltKer/NewHorizons) or large revamps to inner system along with outer (GPP) kinda just guessing

I mean, it does add an entire system of outer planets and revanps the inner solar system, yet it is less well known than OPM which only adds outer planets. :P

20 minutes ago, Greatness101 said:

I mean, it does add an entire system of outer planets and revanps the inner solar system, yet it is less well known than OPM which only adds outer planets. :P

True, but GPP was M A N L E Y ' D

On 12/02/2018 at 1:52 PM, TheSpacePotato said:

Well one theory we have is that KSS was released around the same time as GPP was, and GPP was immediately favored because of popular youtubers doing gameplay (Scott Manley, for example). That led to youtubers doing videos on GPP and KSS being forgotten. Also when KSS was released it didn't have nearly as much to offer compared to now, and most people tend to not like having to wait a while for updates and would rather have everything as soon as possible (not their fault, it's normal for everyone to like not waiting). We're going to see if we can get youtubers to review KSS once 0.8 comes out and drive up some attention :)

The other day I was going to PM Scott Manley's account 'Illectro' and ask him to have a look at KSS. I didn't send it though, I shall wait until at least 0.8. I also might put a comment on one of Kottabos gaming's videos asking him to with my new Google/Youtube account.

On 2/11/2018 at 8:29 PM, Greatness101 said:

It continues to confuse me how KSS isn't more popular than it is :P

Don't mean to be calling you out or something but, I don't think that should be something that really matters. At the end of the day, KSS is better that 90% of planet packs out there. That won't change if it is more popular. It'll still be awesome, just as it is now.

31 minutes ago, Wilhelm Kerman said:

What about the 10%? :sticktongue:

But yes, it really is.

There is just a really high density of mediocre planet packs out there. Maybe there needs to be a more comprehensive way for people to figure out how to make good-looking planets?

31 minutes ago, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

There is just a really high density of mediocre planet packs out there. Maybe there needs to be a more comprehensive way for people to figure out how to make good-looking planets?

True, i think there should be a way to devide high quality mods from the others. Way to many people try to make a mod, release a first version, don’t get the attention they want and move on to the next mod. And tbh no ones first release is good ... a mod needs to develop. Compare the first release of kss with the current versions as an example ...

Edited by StarCrusher96

17 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

True, i think there should be a way to devide high quality mods from the others. Way to many people try to make a mod, release a first version, don’t get the attention they want and move on to the next mod. And tbh no ones first release is good ... a mod needs to develop. Compare the first release of kss with the current versions as an example ...

This is especially true with planet packs, where it is so easy to create a couple of super basic planets.

8 hours ago, Wilhelm Kerman said:

The other day I was going to PM Scott Manley's account 'Illectro' and ask him to have a look at KSS. I didn't send it though, I shall wait until at least 0.8. I also might put a comment on one of Kottabos gaming's videos asking him to with my new Google/Youtube account.

That would be a good mod for him to revive his "Interstellar" series :P

6 hours ago, Greatness101 said:

Maybe this time he can actually go interstellar :P

And actually explore the concepts, i.e interstellar colonies before FTL and developing the home system (with a base on Ilum as an end goal of part 1?)

Hello !

First : I'm french, sorry for my bad English ...

So !

Thanks a lot for this A-W-E-S-O-M-E mod :D

I have one simple question : ( for curiosity ) =X => I admit that I know nothing..

It's normal that Kopernicus 1.3.1-6 don't work with KSS?

I suppose that the next version of KSS will work with the lasted version of Kopernicus ?

Is there anything to do or a file to edit if I want to run KSS with Kopernicus version 1.3.1-6? => because the changes between version 1.3.1-3 and 1.3.1-6 seem important no?

thanks in advance :D

Edited by cybraxpunker
forgetfulness of precision >.<

2 hours ago, cybraxpunker said:

Hello !

First : I'm french, sorry for my bad English ...

So !

Thanks a lot for this A-W-E-S-O-M-E mod :D

I have one simple question : ( for curiosity ) =X => I admit that I know nothing..

It's normal that Kopernicus 1.3.1-6 don't work with KSS?

I suppose that the next version of KSS will work with the lasted version of Kopernicus ?

Is there anything to do or a file to edit if I want to run KSS with Kopernicus version 1.3.1-6? => because the changes between version 1.3.1-3 and 1.3.1-6 seem important no?

thanks in advance :D

Thx

This has a logical answer ... 0.7.3 was released dec 11th so that means there was no 1.3.1-6,  and there was only 1.3.1-3. -> use 1.3.1-3

So if kopernicus made changes in it's current update, it means KSS can't run with these changes. This is normal as kopernicus updates usually break planetmods. I'm not going to explain what needs to be changed because it will be sh*tload of work.

When I update KSS it will work on the latest kopernicusversion at that time. 

Edited by StarCrusher96

2 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@StarCrusher96 @cybraxpunker Kopernicus 1.3.1-4 breaks all planet packs by introducing some new body syntax. Planet mods optimized beyond this are to be expected to be unusable with Kopernicus 1.3.1-3 and older.

I already posted on the kopernicus thread, asking how these changes work. 

Edited by StarCrusher96

Kaptains’s Log, Date: 15, Kebruary, 4097.

Morning-

The Hyperion is running swimmingly. I expect that we arrive at Blalo within 3 months. Triti says that she might be able to coax the engines into having a higher thrust, at the coast of fuel. I gave her the go-ahead. We could go pretty much across the whole cluster with the amount of fuel we have. I wish that KSTA wasn’t on my back all the time... I’ve run this ship for 12 years, I know what I’m doing, dang it! Passenger morale is high, and its Bangkong night at the buffet. Mrs. Geoffrey bugged me earlier about being a cross the ship from her son. Of course a 56 year old woman would be worried about her 29 year old son... The ship doctor is worried about her. He says that she might have an early case of Microlyphemia, decay of the organs from long term microgravity. She looks fine to me, but he wants me to make her come see him...

Midday-

The alarm is going off... The custodians confirm everyone is in their cabins and strapped in. I begin to shut down the engines and turn around. We’ve been burning for 3 months, and now it’s time to burn retrograde for the decelerating burn. We cant have passengers floating about during the period of Zero-G, accompanied by the sudden return of gravity... I can’t handle any more paperwork from someone getting hurt from that again. Already I can hear the chefs down below cursing... their food flying about... Maybe I should have given more warning... oh well. As long as one of the chefs don't cut themselves...

1:09 PM ~ Conversation between Kaptain Jedediah Kerman and Lieutenant Bobfrey Kerman

Bobfrey: Sir, were reporting a minor engine anomaly. Do you wish to continue with the deceleration sequence?

Jebediah: Yes, strap in, prepare for throttle to full in 30 seconds.

Bobfrey: But sir, if this is major, you could wind of jeopardizing the whole ship.

Jebediah: Nothing is wrong with that damn reactor! I don't have time nor the money to fix something that isn't broke. Now strap in!

Bobfrey: Please, just let us do a ch-

Jebediah: No! Strap in now!

Computer: Throttle engaging in 10...

ABORT SEQUENCE ACTIVATED. TERMINATING THROTTLE SEQUENCE. 

Jebediah: What the...

Evening-

Engineers say that it was a reactor leak. They say it's an easy fix. They say someone was tampering with the power flow. I'm so tired... so tired of this ship. Ugh...

END PART ONE 

Edited by Cortwade

8 hours ago, Cortwade said:

Kaptains’s Log, Date: 15, Kebruary, 4097.

Morning-

...she might have an early case of Microlyphemia, decay of the organs from long term microgravity...

At the very least the designers could have put in a 5 meter centrifuge from SSPXr!