StarCrusher96

[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

Recommended Posts

Setting FlightsGlobalIndex within the worlds provides a static reference number within the game to prevent or soften the impact of this exact problem. But it has its own disadvantages and isn't always necessary. Adding, reordering or removing celestials will trigger this problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Voodoo8648 said:

Ok, So do you think the disappeared satellites are from changes? Do you think the disappeared satellites will happen in any future KSS updates? I'm asking because I'm scared to put any more time into launching satellites for fear of the orbits breaking on future updates.

I was not able to reproduce this issue some I can't say for sure this won't happen again. But as I said what i basically did was removing the stock planets and replacing them with their templates. It would not be a surprise your orbits got messed up. 

Just now, JadeOfMaar said:

Setting FlightsGlobalIndex within the worlds provides a static reference number within the game to prevent or soften the impact of this exact problem. But it has its own disadvantages and isn't always necessary. Adding, reordering or removing celestials will trigger this problem.

I use them for the majority of planets.

10 minutes ago, Voodoo8648 said:

Ok, So do you think the disappeared satellites are from changes? Do you think the disappeared satellites will happen in any future KSS updates? I'm asking because I'm scared to put any more time into launching satellites for fear of the orbits breaking on future updates.

I see. Ok. 

I'd advice too, to wait with career for when KSS is more stable.

Edited by StarCrusher96

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@Voodoo8648 No one should be playing career in this mod (unless it's firstly to spot other issues and provide feedback) since KSS is still quite deep in development. Please wait unto an actual v1.0 or v1.x before starting a serious playthrough.

 

@StarCrusher96 so I shouldn't play this until 1.0? :( Guess it's GPP then 

http://imgur.com/sACR9LB the hills are beautiful on Blalo 

sACR9LB.png

Beauty z4MXEL0.png

h5Nxvoq.png

uySud5d.png

It doesn't even look like a planet pack, it looks stock <3. Although I never expected Blalo to have such high pressure 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Galileo no offense, I love GPP, but this mods terrain....well.... it looks very stock. I think I'll play GPP as this mods not ready yet according to what others are saying

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@The-Doctor You didn't need to tag him. Now both of us will be watching you with slit eyes since I'm a co-dev of GPP. :) This isn't your first ambiguous statement thereof.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your first statement sounded like anything but a critique. But before I derail this thread by describing it I'll hold my peace.

Since you do so badly want to do a real playthrough you can make a copy of the KSP folder and continue to update (the other) mods in it --just not this one. :P And offer to help StarCrusher some more. The faster it reaches full release the sooner everyone can start their real KSS Career.

Heck you might even discover new bugs that will only appear while playing career and may be in your power to fix yourself and share.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, The-Doctor said:

@Galileo no offense, I love GPP, but this mods terrain....well.... it looks very stock. I think I'll play GPP as this mods not ready yet according to what others are saying

Want to hear something crazy and might blow your mind? 

Im not using stock ground textures, hence my realistic looking ground textures. Plus, stock ground textures look like crap in my opinion. If you want stock, play stock, and leave planet packs alone. You won't find it in GPP and hopefully not KSS. My planets and moons are too detailed to use stock anything. Stock textures would only bring the quality down.

oh and one more little bit of info for you.. @StarCrusher96 is using my terrain textures... so, you are welcome. Glad they meet your standards.

Also, lets try to be more subjective with your criticism because it definitely sounds like you are trying to put down GPP as opposed to being "constructive". 

Edited by Galileo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry it sounded like that, I'm really in an unstable situation right now and ksp used to be my only escape, spending months away from ksp isn't helping 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

0.5 IS OUT!!

DOWNLOAD IT HERE

-> 0.5 works not like 0.45; delete previous versions + don't use the custom kopernicusfile anymore!

 

Changes

  • Rewrote the configs for the VanillaPlanets so Kopernicus don't need to be edited anymore!
  • A lot of retexturing and new details!
  • Added new planets
  • Added a new star Kelin to the Kirb - Kernim System transforming it into the Nova Kirbani System (Alpha Centauri analog)
  • Added the Kelaris System acting as a North Pole Star (with scatterer)
  • Added biomemaps to all the celestials BUT they are not all assigned yet, meaning 1/4 th of the biomes do work. (all the habitable worlds should work)
  • Some planets have groundscattering (test)
  • Calculated new parameters for a some bodies (gravity, atmo, ...)
  • Added new descriptions for every major planet. - thx to Greatness101 & Calvin_Maclure

  • ... A lot more!

***rings might be broken + Solar Output of the stars is broken -> meaning: solar panels work but a red dwarf star will emit as much energy as a G2 star like Kerbol. (this will be fixed soon)

NOT INCLUDED:

  • new engines (still testing)
  • compatibility with other mods (although this is ready, I want to see how 0.5 runs and what the major bugs are)

VISUAL MODS
=> ALL included so don't download them first. Just paste the files like described.

INCLUDES:

  • Scatterer - RECOMMENDED
  • EVE Clouds (not yet with the 'new' EVE due to 'problems & bugs') - thx to Artem Kerman
  • DistantObject - RECOMMENDED
  • TextureReplacer

** With Scatterer and DistantObject combined the new starsystems are visible from Kerbin.

YEAH! 0.5!!! Thx!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2017 at 4:54 PM, The-Doctor said:

It doesn't even look like a planet pack, it looks stock <3.

Is that supposed to be a good thing or a bad thing?

Edited by Greatness101

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have found a fix for the contracts messing up. All you need to is change the flightGlobalsIndex number from 100 on the Kerbol's Code to 102 then change the Mun from 102 to 100. I'm guessing this setting is the order that the game uses for contracts and stuff like that??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, AceCrafted said:

I have found a fix for the contracts messing up. All you need to is change the flightGlobalsIndex number from 100 on the Kerbol's Code to 102 then change the Mun from 102 to 100. I'm guessing this setting is the order that the game uses for contracts and stuff like that??

hmmm no idea if that would do it ... I'll try to reproduce it soon. send me in PM plz

----

Uploaded a new 0.5 with some little fixes.

Edited by StarCrusher96

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

hmmm no idea if that would do it ... I'll try to reproduce it soon. send me in PM plz

----

Uploaded a new 0.5 with some little fixes.

What are those fixes? Can you please make a little changelog?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bug, now it's not too clear in this pic, but lines appeared on the horizon while I was flying, diagonal and horizontal lines.

f4hcqpK.png

Isn't she beautiful?

r9JTzaf.png

Bug, while entering the atmosphere of the Ilva? (can't remember the name, it's a desert but habitable planet around a star in the 3 star system) my ship split into many little parts for no reason, then came back together, it was insane

8 hours ago, Greatness101 said:

Is that supposed to be a good thing or a bad thing?

I honestly can't tell what you're trying to say.

good thing

@StarCrusher96 I also believe the reason the contract shows Tyleuth? (can't remember it's name either lol, it's a planet with a ring) it appears on the load screen rather than Kerbin, which would explain why KSP makes the contracts be for that planet and not kerbin, this may be a MAJOR issue, as it seems to be at the core of the coding 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, The-Doctor said:

I also believe the reason the contract shows Tyleuth? (can't remember it's name either lol, it's a planet with a ring) it appears on the load screen rather than Kerbin, which would explain why KSP makes the contracts be for that planet and not kerbin, this may be a MAJOR issue, as it seems to be at the core of the coding 

That was not the problem and the download has been updated and fixed that problem. Taythe was set as the home world in the config for the planet. The ringed planet is not Taythe and it being on the home screen is a feature of this mod. Taythe is a habitable moon

Edited by AceCrafted

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AceCrafted said:

That was not the problem and the download has been updated and fixed that problem. Taythe was set as the home world in the config for the planet. The ringed planet is not Taythe and it being on the home screen is a feature of this mod. Taythe is one of the habitable planets.

well it was a suggestion 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The-Doctor said:

Bug, now it's not too clear in this pic, but lines appeared on the horizon while I was flying, diagonal and horizontal lines.

f4hcqpK.png

Isn't she beautiful?

r9JTzaf.png

Bug, while entering the atmosphere of the Ilva? (can't remember the name, it's a desert but habitable planet around a star in the 3 star system) my ship split into many little parts for no reason, then came back together, it was insane

good thing

@StarCrusher96 I also believe the reason the contract shows Tyleuth? (can't remember it's name either lol, it's a planet with a ring) it appears on the load screen rather than Kerbin, which would explain why KSP makes the contracts be for that planet and not kerbin, this may be a MAJOR issue, as it seems to be at the core of the coding 

1. Those lines are caused by the mod scatterer and it happens sometimes ...

2. A ship splitting and coming back together? I think you were using cheats and they saved your ship.

3. Using another planet at the startmenu can't cause contracts being messed up. It has nothing to do with it... other planetpacks do the same.

4. Before adressing issues or bugs ... Think first before posting a comment. And at least make sure you know where it took place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

0.5 (fix)

-> fixed some little issues in 0.5

Changes/fixes - as requested

  • Added the original Duna description (it had Laythe's description)
  • Fixed the Ilve normal map
  • Fixed some colors for the tropical Laythe
  • Fixed Taythe
Edited by StarCrusher96

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I installed the Distant Object Enhancements - extension, but the cfg-file is the same as the standard one and doesn't work...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi , i'm back with some pics ... Really i don't know how you do for your trailers... 

http://imgur.com/a/PpDaM

Enjoy

Edited by Shkeiru

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Alec Joosten said:

I installed the Distant Object Enhancements - extension, but the cfg-file is the same as the standard one and doesn't work...

Yes It seems i uploaded the wrong version of visuals since i saw cloud particles are not working either ... but i'll upload a fix soon for everything. 

Edited by StarCrusher96

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.