[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

StarCrusher96

15 hours ago, The-Doctor said:

Can I start out on another planet in another star system? What mod would let me move the KSC to that?

Not yet. At the moment doing that requires a lot of work other than just resetting the home planet (redoing descriptions, sciencedefs, etc). We just don't have the time for that right now.

15 hours ago, The-Doctor said:

I wanna see if I can do a kerbalism interstellar mission with this

KSS isn't compatible with Kerbalism because of the magnetosphere issues. Other than that yes Kerbalism would work I believe :)

where is this pic taken? What star system?

http://kerbal-star-systems.wikia.com/wiki/Narath

Magnetosphere's are a non issue (so far I think, haven't tested with kerbalism), when around another star does it say exposed to extreme radiation all the time? I'm back in the starship maing business after realizing, I really don't like surface base building as it serves no purpose. However, now I feel like I can play KSP career and use mining to send ore to pay for massive ship building and interstellar missions but I don't know what mod to use. This mod, even using the basics, causes massive lag, I got 8GB ram alone. So I am looking around

I think after playing career one more time doing that (maybe), I will start just building starships and segmenting them into modular parts, and have a special page dedicated to just that. Making starships designed to get Kerbalism based crews to other stars 

1 hour ago, The-Doctor said:

Magnetosphere's are a non issue (so far I think, haven't tested with kerbalism), when around another star does it say exposed to extreme radiation all the time? I'm back in the starship maing business after realizing, I really don't like surface base building as it serves no purpose. However, now I feel like I can play KSP career and use mining to send ore to pay for massive ship building and interstellar missions but I don't know what mod to use. This mod, even using the basics, causes massive lag, I got 8GB ram alone. So I am looking around

I think after playing career one more time doing that (maybe), I will start just building starships and segmenting them into modular parts, and have a special page dedicated to just that. Making starships designed to get Kerbalism based crews to other stars 

Tips for performance:

• reduce quality settings

•force DX11 (I can only help you if you have steam)

• use less non-important mods (any mod that isn’t KSS :P)

• don’t use environmental mods

I have 8GB of ram too, I know knew what it was like.

I just checked KSS .7.3 and it does NOT seem to work with KSP 1.4.2 - even with the 1.4.2 version of Kopernicus and not meant to.

I did check http://kerbal-star-systems.wikia.com/wiki/Planned_Features  and there was no mention of version compatibility.

Looking forward to KSS .8 !  I hope it will work with KSP 1.4.2 and the development continues..

Edited by enewmen

8 hours ago, enewmen said:

I just checked KSS .7.3 and it does NOT seem to work with KSP 1.4.2 - even with the 1.4.2 version of Kopernicus and not meant to.

I did check http://kerbal-star-systems.wikia.com/wiki/Planned_Features  and there was no mention of version compatibility.

Looking forward to KSS .8 !  I hope it will work with KSP 1.4.2 and the development continues..

0.7.3 is not compatible with KSP 1.4.2, but 0.8 will be compatible with the latest version of KSP :)

Look up planet 10 on google. Seriously. I read about it in All about space magazine, and that magazine is very trustworthy.

On 4/23/2018 at 9:53 AM, The Minmus Derp said:

Maybe the OPM compatibility star could be really big like the orbit of jool to the orbit of voon.

Check this idea out.

8 hours ago, The Minmus Derp said:

Look up planet 10 on google. Seriously. I read about it in All about space magazine, and that magazine is very trustworthy.

Check this idea out.

The OPM compatible star in KSS, is analogue to the star Fomalhaut.

I’m not planning to add a 10th planet to the Kerbol System.

Edited by StarCrusher96

1 hour ago, The Minmus Derp said:

NASA has a theory about one.

GPO compatibility planned? Maybe that star would be almost the size of the orbit of Moho.

I also have theories about many things ... :wink:

Please read the wiki before asking questions. 

---

You know the type of stars you're describing are dying stars or hypergiants? 

Edited by StarCrusher96