[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

StarCrusher96

29 minutes ago, Apaseall said:

Hello all.

Been waiting for to be able to use this mod for a while, what with various versions of Kopernicus and KSP needing to match up and all that jazz. So YAY! Very excited. Saw that was now 0.82. Even better, updates are happening to the version I am using.

But I am a bit sad atm. You see my sea is a white color with perhaps a hint of cream at the horizon. This would be Kerbin btw. I do have scatterer but not EVE. EVE punished my rig a bit too much, or at least I think that was the reason I dropped it. Kerbin sky is even whiter, no real cream to speak of.

I did try to follow the instructions very closely. I have not installed the flares thing, I think that is optional anyways?

I have INSTANTIONATOR, Kopernicus 1.4.5-4, KSS 0.8.2 Core, using optinal SOI (which I will be removing as it is a tad confusing and I don't think I need it), Topical Laythe optional, Visual skybox and comettails optionals.

Gamedata folder wise its Kopernicus, KSS, KopernicusExpansion, Sigma, Instantionator.

Can some kind person point me in the right direction to get my ocean and sky back please?

edit oh and KSS 0.8.2 Extended Kerbol System.

Can you load the game without Extended Kerbol System ( I feel something is wrong there)

+ is it possible to screenshot your Gamedata folder, KSS folder/Celestials? + logs?

35 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

Can you load the game without Extended Kerbol System ( I feel something is wrong there)

+ is it possible to screenshot your Gamedata folder, KSS folder/Celestials? + logs?

Most of the time I ask a question about an issue before posting lots of docs. My thinking is that maybe this is a common problem or a problem that is known. Therefore there may be a quick answer.

I already took out SOI optional. I will now remove the Extended Kerbol System. I was not sure but the way the installation guide reads is that once the core has been installed you need to install a planet/system pack. That is why I added it. If before installing the pack I have the stock/stockish Kerbol system then I am quite happy for the moment. Maybe it would be worth putting some words in the install guide advising that we are good to go without the requirement to install a planet/system pack. I read that you have just updated the install guide, sorry to suggest revisiting it.

Oh and thanks for the fast reply. I was busy working on a OPT & WBI mashup I am testing out. Deep within cfg comparisions for modulemanager patches when the notification went off. It took me a moment to get back to earth so to speak.

edit.

I see that you have split out some folders with the name for extended kerbol system.

But in other places you have vanilla?

Erm, I got a little confused, as the stock squad game is in the Kerbol system. If you are going to name stuff, then I would suggest that you name it like stock or squad kerbol system, or even vanilla kerbol system.

[joke]But if you are going to stick with vanilla, do remember that as the BBC say, other flavours are available. [/joke]

Edited by Apaseall

@Apaseall

Kerbol System folder = extension of the system

Vanillaplanets = stock overhaul 

they're seperated because it's a seperate download. KSS works with Core (contains Vanillaplanets) only but from there you can add your own mix of systems.

Edited by StarCrusher96

Yes I realize why they are separated, I was commenting on the naming being a bit none intuitive.

edit.

Well what ever I did has not given me back my ocean nor my sky.

I will test fly this plane a bit and then come back to this. My first thought will be to remove everything. Then to reinstall just the core. I will post again once I have done that.

edit.

Btw. Kerbin is all white in map mode also.

edit

also I do have galilaos' ? out planet mod installed... https://github.com/Galileo88/Outer-Planets-Mod/releases

Edited by Apaseall

6 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

Then honestly i dont know what causes it not to work ... all KSS testers had a succesfull installation and didn’t report a part not working. 

The only thing i can come up with is just load the game with kss_core. And see how your game reacts. Then trial and error the other parts. If one causes the game not to load i can see what’s bugging it.

I know the custom sciencedefs didnt show up. They should work in 0.8.2, if not i’ll try to fix them asap.

** Remove GFS and replace it by Flare Replacer, I made a mistake there.

Ok, that was random but somehow, i fixed the black loading screen problem by reinstalling KSS. possibly an incompatible version or a conflict.

Also, the custom science message is working again! No other bugs reported.

I'm now able to use Scatterer with KSS without the scene loading being too slow :)

1 minute ago, Darkspace said:

Ok, that was random but somehow, i fixed the black loading screen problem by reinstalling KSS. possibly an incompatible version or a conflict.

Also, the custom science message is working again! No other bugs reported.

I'm now able to use Scatterer with KSS without the scene loading being too slow :)

awesome!

I have removed KSS. Kept Kopernicus. Delete sigma and kopernicus expansion. Got rid of instantiator. Going to a boot now. takes a bit cos of erm well lots of mods. I am hoping to see things as they were. If all goes well than as I said I will try with the minimum KSS install. Write soon, erm ish.

edit.

ok removing those things seemed to work. reinstalled kss and waiting for boot. In the mean time...OPM by the G man, will that conflict? If I remove OPM, not boot and install kss will my stuff in orbit around jool etc get messed up? Don.t suppose you test to see if OPM is there and erm play nice with it?

My question has some merit I think because...well OPM I installed as a slight increase in system size. Maybe other do likewise before taking the plunge with KSS?

edit.

Sorry back to white sky if flight, white Kerbin in map. Oh and Minmus is not in orbit around Kerbin which is a bit tricky cos I left something on it. Doh! :) Yup and its an ocean of cream. That is it for me for now. Back to none  KSS for a while.

Edited by Apaseall

@Apaseall Since Kopernicus 1.3.0-6 or soon after that, Kopernicus uses the body name (and deprecated FlightGlobalsIndex) to allow vessel location to persist when you swap planet mods. As long as the particular planet (by its name and not a computed number) still exists, everything you left there will still be there. OPM being moved by the addition or removal or other planet packs won't threaten your ships in OPM SOIs...... There is no gameplay threat to Science or Sandbox mode, but Career mode progression will break. The contracts system will get confused. Also, KSS is or has been fully incompatible with Sigma Dimensions.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

9 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@Apaseall Since Kopernicus 1.3.0-6 or soon after that, Kopernicus uses the body name (and deprecated FlightGlobalsIndex) to allow vessel location to persist when you swap planet mods. As long as the particular planet (by its name and not a computed number) still exists, everything you left there will still be there. OPM being moved by the addition or removal or other planet packs won't threaten your ships in OPM SOIs...... There is no gameplay threat to Science or Sandbox mode, but Career mode progression will break. The contracts system will get confused. Also, KSS is or has been fully incompatible with Sigma Dimensions.

The sigma folder is a result of the skybox for kss. Great news about where I left things. But the hitch is the new location for minmus. I will just have to move it before moving to kss lol. Pity about the ocean and sky. I will continue to keep my eye on this mod as I am sure at some point I will be able to use it again.

Released the KSS Icons + Fixed Nova Kirbani from not working.

- adds KSS icons for asteroids, minor planets, planets, moons, gasgiants, ringed gasgiants, stars, exotic objects, eve like worlds, comets, .... (exotic bodies still need custom ones, and more will be added in the future)

- Because it got added as an optional feature in KSS_Core, I added a special KSS_Icons file to the download list for those who had KSS_Core already. So you dont need to redownload KSS_Core.

** thx @JadeOfMaar for helping me out with this!

screenshot114.png?width=718&height=404

screenshot116.png?width=718&height=404

I am just now updating to version 8.2 from 8.0 and I am re-reading your list of known issues.

I think you should add that under Linux with Making History installed you will get a locked out and useless game main menu (I have uninstalled MH until hopefully at some point this issue is fixed).

17 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

Released the KSS Icons + Fixed Nova Kirbani from not working.

- adds KSS icons for asteroids, minor planets, planets, moons, gasgiants, ringed gasgiants, stars, exotic objects, eve like worlds, comets, .... (exotic bodies still need custom ones, and more will be added in the future)

- Because it got added as an optional feature in KSS_Core, I added a special KSS_Icons file to the download list for those who had KSS_Core already. So you dont need to redownload KSS_Core.

** thx @JadeOfMaar for helping me out with this!

screenshot114.png?width=718&height=404

screenshot116.png?width=718&height=404

KSS Icons? Nice!

Edited by Darkspace

Updated the KSS_Core and Nova Kirbani Files, they contained wrong file paths.

Also removed the KSS Icons file and moved it to the KSS_Core download as an optional feature. (sorry i messed up a little)

- added icons for moons with liquids, neutron stars and white dwarfs.

------------------

@Apaseall Those logs contain nothing related to KSS, also KSS is not mentioned there so it seems like it's not installed. Again lots of errors related to InterstellarFuelswitch. 

I think it might be advised to make a clean KSP folder, install KSS first (run it, to see if it works and it should) and add other mods later. 

Edited by StarCrusher96

@StarCrusher96 I know that KSS is not present in those logs. Those logs are to let you be aware of the mods that are present, rather than merely giving you a screenshot. Mind you the screenshot would not list all the mods in one go lol. I was making that log for another issue I have and thought I would drop you off a copy in response to your request for a list of mods etc. I have notified one modder about a number of trivial errors. I think that most of the errors present in those logs are trivial. But it has been a while since I went through logs carefully and informed modders of issues. Mind you most modders are not bothered if they appear in the log as long as the mod appears to work.

3 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

Updated the KSS_Core and Nova Kirbani Files, they contained wrong file paths.

Also removed the KSS Icons file and moved it to the KSS_Core download as an optional feature. (sorry i messed up a little)

- added icons for moons with liquids, neutron stars and white dwarfs.

------------------

erm it seems like you did not change the name for the updated files in github as I was expecting something like 0.8.2.1 to indicate the correct file to download to enjoy the update mentioned in the quote. I downloaded it anyway. I think you can see the confusion, two zips with the same name, no way to work out which one is the most recent one etc.

16 minutes ago, Apaseall said:

erm it seems like you did not change the name for the updated files in github as I was expecting something like 0.8.2.1 to indicate the correct file to download to enjoy the update mentioned in the quote. I downloaded it anyway. I think you can see the confusion, two zips with the same name, no way to work out which one is the most recent one etc.

Updated the KSS_Core and Nova Kirbani Files

needs no explanation.

Edited by StarCrusher96

I discovered yet another problem with my KSS install, I encountered an Exception with KSS_Icons.cfg, Tried reinstalling and.... nothing.

Another problem, The accretion disk doesn't work, no accretion disks around Nela or N1, Nothing. I have INSTANTIATOR of course.

2 hours ago, Darkspace said:

I discovered yet another problem with my KSS install, I encountered an Exception with KSS_Icons.cfg, Tried reinstalling and.... nothing.

Another problem, The accretion disk doesn't work, no accretion disks around Nela or N1, Nothing. I have INSTANTIATOR of course.

I uploaded a fix for it a few hours ago (icons). But you can fix it yourself by removing this line:

Spoiler

@Body[Kel]
    {
        @Orbit
        {
            %iconTexture = KSS/Configs/KSS_Icons/planet
        }
    }

from the KSS_Icons cfg.  (KSS/Configs/KSS_Icons.cfg

For instantiator, as mentioned in the readme, you have to remove the example file from the Instantiator folder in Gamedata. 

2 hours ago, Apaseall said:

New files for you. This time I have included a tree of the ksp directory i am using. I have also boot with KSS present. Same white sky. I did not bother to check map or flight. https://www.dropbox.com/s/01sc7dys9n1bsv1/saves for KSS.2.rar?dl=0

I'm sorry but I'm not even going to start search through your logs with that amount of mods. 

clean install KSP with KSS and see if it works. 

Edited by StarCrusher96