[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

StarCrusher96

2 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Yes, but that's not the number that remotetech needs.  

Remote tech needs to know where in the index sequence Kerbin is. For example, if you  start your flightGlobalsIndex at 100 and kerbin is 101 that means kerbin is body number 2 which is what remote tech needs. If kerbins FHI is 144, it would be body 45, as another example. 

haha every time I see you posted something on the KSS thread, I think: "oh no I said something wrong" :p

5 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

haha every time I see you posted something on the KSS thread, I think: "oh no I said something wrong" :P

lol feel honored because there is a lot of other things I want to say on other threads but I figure it's not worth my time or effort. You have a lot on your plate with this mod and im only trying to keep people from bothering you with trivial things. :D 

Edited by Galileo

Just now, Galileo said:

lol feel honored because there is a lot of other things I want to say on other threads but I figure it's not worth my time or effort. You have a lot on your plate with this mod and im only trying to keep people from bothering you with trivial things. :D 

thx man!! 

1 hour ago, AceCrafted said:

Just a quick question

Why do you use flightGlobalsIndex it's not needed since Kopernicus automatically gives each body a number. Also many guides and kopernicus developers say not to use it??

Because it's easier to work with one if you are a dev and need hyperedit to go quickly to places + I remember GPP (@Galileo) using this too ?

1 hour ago, Mikeloeven said:

So can you explain the conversion math to me so I can find the index number more easily in the future ?

also how does one determine where the flightGlobalIndex starts ?

Galileo just explained it? And you just choose whatever number you want. I have my own system for this number because I work with a lot of celestials.

Edited by StarCrusher96

@AceCrafted you are right, you don't need them, however, the FGI that kopernicus creates are random. There are times when updating kopernicus or module manager will break saves. The FGI is just a fail safe system to ensure your career works from update to update. ESPECIALLY when the entire stock system is removed or changed

Edited by Galileo

Hello and greetings.

A quick question, DRES....

when i am looking at DRES, it 'seems' to have an atmosphere.. no clouds but a seemingly there atmosphere nonetheless. 

But the info says No Atmo....???

Next VOON;

there is a hard shadow that is either lower half or toggles to upper half.

Something looks like it is amiss.

Here are a couple of pic's...

example pic's

Am i confused?

Is my setup confused?

Help,???

Thanks and great mod.  Way too much fun is being had.

Edited by drtedastro
forgot something

@drtedastro

The weird shadow of Voon is a bug from Scatterer most of the planetmods have at the moment. So there is no fix for this. The 'atmosphere' of Dres is just the planetglow that has been set too high (it is not an atmo but intended as a glow -> Ike, Moho, and others have this too) You can fix this by going to BoulderCo/Clouds/Surface_glow -> go to the part of Dres and set the altitude to 2300 or lower / you can also erase this part if you still have issues with it.

Edited by StarCrusher96

FINISHED: Kelnis System // Trappist-1 

-> 7 'Kerbin'-like planets 

-> included under 'extra starsystems' in upcoming KSS 0.6 version.

Kelnis & Planets

b7VmbBj.png

Hilios - volcanic planet // Trappist-1b

F5rDroc.png

Avor - scorched rocky planet // Trappist-1c

wuXbSLr.png

Esnil - 'habitable' desert planet // Trappist-1d

eI8O8xi.png

Isna - 'habitable' archipelago planet // Trappist-1e

IXYXaXh.png

Nelvem - 'habitable' ocean/ice planet // Trappist-1f

3a3H12v.png

Telim - gasplanet // Trappist-1g

or7eT6f.png

Cyln - iceplanet // Trappist-1h

M48pdD0.png

Edited by StarCrusher96

Speaking from a practical standpoint (not to be mean); I'm disappointed to see so much time spent on yet MORE (un-needed) stars and planets instead of focus on a finished 1.0 version and compatibility with career and compatibility with other mods such as SVE. 

What good are all these (beautiful) stars and planets when we can't play in career?

4 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

@Voodoo8648

everything for career is ready ... I'm just waiting on some fixes for other mods before releasing 0.6, meanwhile improving everything and yes ... adding another system. 

OH!! I didn't know it was career ready!!! I was told by someone else a couple weeks ago not to expect it to be career ready until 1.0. 

If thats the case, then I'm definitely excited for the new Trapist system!

Hope to see SVE compatibility!

6 minutes ago, Voodoo8648 said:

OH!! I didn't know it was career ready!!! I was told by someone else a couple weeks ago not to expect it to be career ready until 1.0. 

If thats the case, then I'm definitely excited for the new Trapist system!

Hope to see SVE compatibility!

haha I did an effort to get it ready :) 

40 minutes ago, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

@StarCrusher96 Wow. I'm going to have to work my butt off just to make my TRAPPIST-1 system look half as good as that! I will try, though, I will try.

How far away are your stars in KSS?

hahaha thx

Here are the distances (systems with planets), I just increased and changed some starpositions :p

Nova Kirbani System (closest) -> 14.9 Tm (99.6 AU)

Kerolon System (most distant) -> 34.9 Tm (233 AU)

---

Kormin System -> 15.4 Tm (102 AU)

Kelnis System (most distant) -> 29.5 Tm (196.5 AU)

This is the Kerolon (2nd brightest starsystem) from Kerbin.

iUTzCXR.png

Edited by StarCrusher96

49 minutes ago, Greatness101 said:

Cool!

What's the brightest?

Korlon? Kelaris?

Kelaris :) From Kerbin slightly brighter than Kerolon. But go to Blalo and Kerolon would be the brightest star.

Edited by StarCrusher96

Hey @StarCrusher96

First off, amazing mod. Plain amazing. Never have I ever seen a star pack so detailed and well laid out.

I have a couple of questions, and you can answer them at any time as you seem fit.

1. Can I run this mod without scatterer but with EVE? My laptop behaves funny with scatterer, and even with a relatively powerful hardware (i7 4710HQ, GTX 960M, 8GB DDR3), I get like 25-30 fps maximum with low settings.

2. Does this mod conflict with texture replacer? I get that feeling because of the following error I get. On starting a save, my KSC is completely black. It only gets fixed if I enter the Tracking station and leave. I'll attach a picture and my output log. On a side note, I have a high number of mods, and if you see any mod which conflicts with yours, please tell me. I'll remove it/them from my install.

Thank you and keep up the good work!

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B5NC0Wh2C26oSXlXZjBGYm9fQUk

@Rushiil

Thx! you can play without scatterer but KSS wont look that good anymore haha :P (i need to fix gradients for a lot of planets). 

texturereplacer should be no problem and the bug you described is also explained in the problemsection at page 1. So you should be fine.

Edited by StarCrusher96