[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

StarCrusher96

Is it just me or does the framerate drop after installing this mod (with the given visual pack)? Does anyone know a workaround for it? 

I play at 1280x720 with low settings. My hardware details are on the previous page. 

2 hours ago, Rushiil said:

Is it just me or does the framerate drop after installing this mod (with the given visual pack)? Does anyone know a workaround for it? 

I play at 1280x720 with low settings. My hardware details are on the previous page. 

which other mods do you use, full KSS, basic KSS? I need more info. I need permission to look into your files.

Edited by StarCrusher96

I use the full version of Kss, with visual mods. 

I'll give you a list of the mandatory mods I use without which I can't really play completely. It's just for the experience. 

1. KSP Interstellar Extended and its dependencies

2. Kerbal Engineer Redux

3. EVE and scatterer

4. Texture replacer, Distant Object Enhancements and Planetshine

5. KAS and KIS

6. Precise maneuver, Transfer window planner and Kerbal Alarm clock

I haven't got the request for permission to view files yet. Try it once more. If I don't get it by tomorrow this time, I'll upload the file some other way (Got class tests coming up so I gotta study lol. But your mod's got my attention  :cool:

It happens both times. Though I barely get 20 frames even in solar orbit woth or without the visual pack. In LKO, I get 25 fps without and 15-20 fps with. 

On a normal game with EVE and scatterer, I get 35-40 for in LKO

Wait, I just thought of something. All of the star systems orbit The All, right?

That means that the stars don't have fixed relative positions with each other, so the distance chart becomes inaccurate over time?

And the "northern star" (Kelaris System) and "southern star" (Korlon) won't stay in their respective positions in the sky as the stars move about their respective orbits.

Or are the orbits just really slow so that there wouldn't be a noticeable change within the timespan of a reasonable playthrough?

Keep up the great work!  I will more than likely have to spend some of my "hopefully" upcoming "SoonTM" grant money on a new tower.  Don't think I can use my gig computer to run KSP with this mod, but who cares?  This work looks great.  Take your time to put out the quality you want, when you want (as you have already been doing :) )

2 hours ago, Farapture said:

Hello, i have two simpe questions:
1.Can you get near the creator without exploding?

2.WHAT is the creator?

The creator is a mysterious sphere orbiting The All. Doing science there will reveal its true nature. The exploding is something I need to fix. 

Haha maybe the exploding glitch can be a game mechanic :D

23 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

@Greatness101

Because The All has almost no interaction with gravity. The orbits are around 60m/s. Too slow to change the distances dramatically over long time. Kerbol orbits The All once every 2,472,878 years.

Oh I see. That's pretty cool, and realistic since the real sun also orbits the galactic center at a really slow pace. Neat!

The Creator blowing things up is one of my favorite bugs. I planned an entire mission to get to The All, and it took about an hour to prepare for it. After 10 minutes of time-warping to get to an encounter with The Creator, my Creator probe exploded upon encountering it. I spent a good 5 minutes raging and dying of laughter over that.

2 hours ago, RodgerYoung said:

Quick question. Are there any Delta V maps for this expansion?

You can check out the one that has been done for the OPM (Outer Planet's Mod) as the location of the planets are pretty much the same. However, KSS has more moons than OPM (not to mention distant star systems for which no DV maps have been made as of yet).