StarCrusher96

[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

Recommended Posts

Just now, Galacticvoyager said:

Which one then?

1.3.0-2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, StarCrusher96 said:

So your issues are caused by scatterer ... not KSS

I did not realize scatter was I different component, I installed it form this mod's down loan file. 

2 minutes ago, Galileo said:

1.3.0-2

1.3.0-2 is leading to a graphic glitch with KSS and KPS 1.3 See back a page for the images.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Infleto said:

I did not realize scatter was I different component, I installed it form this mod's down loan file. 

1.3.0-2 is leading to a graphic glitch with KSS and KPS 1.3 See back a page for the images.

Ok, but 1.2.2-5 absolutely does not work in 1.3. If that is what you have installed with this mod, this mod is not even loading for you 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Ok, but 1.2.2-5 absolutely does not work in 1.3. If that is what you have installed with this mod, this mod is not even loading for you 

Dam it, you are right, I forgot to check if it was loading,  I was so happy after the graphic glitch was gone that I started a new game and got warped up in the joy.

Now my happness is gone and only the cold of dead space fills me. ;.;

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Infleto said:

Dam it, you are right, I forgot to check if it was loading,  I was so happy after the graphic glitch was gone that I started a new game and got warped up in the joy.

Now my happness is gone and only the cold of dead space fills me. ;.;

KSS may not run right on 1.3. There were some API changes to PQSMods in KSP, and some kopernicus code had to change to work with those changes. The code that causes the graphical issue is caused by a PQSMod not working correctly. @StarCrusher96May have to rewrite quite a few PQSMods to get it to work correctly, without the graphical issue. I just had to do this with GPP and SSRSS and had to write a patch for RSS.

Edited by Galileo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Galileo said:

KSS may not run right on 1.3. There were some API changes to PQSMods in KSP, and some kopernicus code had to change to work with those changes. The code that causes the graphical issue is caused by a PQSMod not working correctly. @StarCrusher96May have to rewrite quite a few PQSMods to get it to work correctly, without the graphical issue. I just had to do this with GPP and SSRSS and had to write a patch for RSS.

Okay! Good to know, after my finals I'm going to make sure KSS runs on 1.3! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm waiting up until I get a new RAM upgrade to continue my current playthrough with this mod.

1.7 looks interesting. What's going to be in it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Mr Betelgeuse said:

I'm waiting up until I get a new RAM upgrade to continue my current playthrough with this mod.

1.7 looks interesting. What's going to be in it?

It's actually 0.7 :P

Unfortunately, 0.7 is not completely done, so many of the things we hope to get in are still debatable whether they'll make the next update. We are starting to get a basic list together, however.

  • A bunch of new planets in moons (some starsystems will be improved, others added, keeping a close eye on some of the less interesting stars is my advice)
    • I should add that many of these planets are those which have not been observed in previous versions, so they'll definitely add some hype when released to the public.
    • There will also be improvements to existing planets and moons (mostly slight changes, but when noticed they make things look better in my opinion)
  • A (very) basic storyline (through the addition of various things :wink:)
  • A bunch of bugfixes (as always :P)
  • Improvements on the visuals (should consume less RAM)
  • Hopefully a few surprises that the KSS team is sure you guys will enjoy :wink:

That's the basic list of what's expected for when 0.7 rolls out, meaning that 0.7 might be one of the biggest updates in KSS so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Mr Betelgeuse said:

I'm waiting up until I get a new RAM upgrade to continue my current playthrough with this mod.

1.7 looks interesting. What's going to be in it?

Here are the basics (that haven't been covered already by TheSpacePotato)

  • New planets for two starsystems (Kelaris and Korlon) that don't currently have planets.
  • A few new (and strange/unusual) bodies, mainly lore-related. You'll see.
  • Maybe lore implementation to some degree. We've been working on a story.
  • A project we've been working on... we're keeping that a surprise until the release.
  • Completion of the Kerolon System (moons for Mesmo and Lyrne, primarily)
  • Possibly more dwarf planets and comets
  • MOAR SCIENCE(defs)
  • Possibly new stars (Not for the reason you think) , although this is very uncertain as of now.

0.7 is still a long way off, though. So any of these might change before the actual release.

Edited by Greatness101

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good luck!

Small prob, when I have kss installed Kerbol looks a bit small from kerbin without visual mods.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Devan kerman said:

Good luck!

Small prob, when I have kss installed Kerbol looks a bit small from kerbin without visual mods.

These are real scales ... and stockflares can't be really scaled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Devan kerman said:

Oh. is there any way to fix this?

nope, why even 'fixing' this?

Edited by StarCrusher96

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Devan kerman said:

Small prob, when I have kss installed Kerbol looks a bit small from kerbin without visual mods.

That's how it's supposed to look. The stock sun is ridiculously oversized.

It would look a bit bigger with the sunflares though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, I'm just so used to the stock sun.

Maybe I'll steal some parts of scatterer just to make kerbol look a bit bigger.

:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Devan kerman said:

Oh, I'm just so used to the stock sun.

stocksun is a ridiculous oversized monster :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Devan kerman said:

Oh, I'm just so used to the stock sun.

Maybe I'll steal some parts of scatterer just to make kerbol look a bit bigger.

:)

Good idea. You don't need to use all the visuals, but scatterer's sunflares definitely make stars look more realistic.

Edited by Greatness101

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just read about the Hypothetical star Nemesis, which sounded really cool. Can we see a Nemesis analog in this mod as Hypat (Planet nine or as I like to call it, Atlas) is also Hypothetical.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AR3S_TGL said:

I just read about the Hypothetical star Nemesis, which sounded really cool. Can we see a Nemesis analog in this mod as Hypat (Planet nine or as I like to call it, Atlas) is also Hypothetical.

Isn't Nemesis, the same as planet Nine after it got ruled out that there could be another star ( something bigger than jupiter) orbiting the sun?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

Isn't Nemesis, the same as planet Nine after it got ruled out that there could be another star ( something bigger than jupiter) orbiting the sun?

Actually nemesis and planet nine are two separate entities, nemesis was theorized to be a brown or red dwarf star that has already been ruled out. Planet nine has not been ruled out yet and scientists are still looking for it 

also planet nine is theorized to have 10 times the mass of earth, significantly smaller than Jupiter

Edited by ModerndayLink64

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AR3S_TGL said:

I just read about the Hypothetical star Nemesis, which sounded really cool. Can we see a Nemesis analog in this mod as Hypat (Planet nine or as I like to call it, Atlas) is also Hypothetical.

But Nemesis isn't hypothetical. It's been ruled out for decades. There is, however, strong evidence for the existence of planet nine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Greatness101 said:

But Nemesis isn't hypothetical. It's been ruled out for decades. There is, however, strong evidence for the existence of planet nine.

The plot thickens!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.