[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

StarCrusher96

@StarCrusher96

Also, not sure if that's an intended feature - I just barely started the career, and I'm already getting a ton of contracts for Kerbol (aka the Sun). And while most of them are doable, even though a bit unreasonable, this exploration contract is straight up impossible:

Spoiler

x09TQFs.png

Edit: It seems like it's thinking that Kerbol is Kerbin a lot of times. I've been clicking away on contracts, and 95% they ask me to do something at Kerbol. One even went as far as asking for temperature surveys 15km from its surface! And pretty much all the satellite contracts, which are usually my bread and butter in career, are now asking for Kerbol orbits. So... yeah, prioritization seems to be kind of borked here.

Edited by Axeon

Okay... I'm starting to think this all ties into the bug I described above - now it turns out my solar panels are obviously trying to target some different star instead of Kerbol (rotating the ship pinpointed that it's trying to target Kelaris even further testing showed that it faces any rotationally closest star, but energy flow is still zero), resulting in solar panels being simply non-functional :(

Spoiler

sGZ8ofW.png

Edited by Axeon

@StarCrusher96 KSP 1.2.2, latest KSS (0.61), and Kopernicus 1.2.2-9 (which is a 1.3.0-4 backport). I compiled this pack literally yesterday. However, I am using plenty of other mods like KSPI-E, Planetary Bases, Extraplanetary Launchpads, and several minor ones. They technically all should be safe as none of them compete for any parts/resources. I can't really test the contract system, but I will try a clean install of KSS to see if that fixes the solar panels, and if yes - add mods one by one to see which one breaks it. Unless you can see something wrong with my setup right away, I'll get back to you once I finish troubleshooting later today.

3 hours ago, Axeon said:

Hello! First of all, I am really enjoying this mod! However, I noticed that a lot of science-collecting descriptions are generic default ones (like "collected the sample of the surface" instead of a body and/or biome specific text). Is that something on my end, or does this mod just not have those descriptions yet?

That's not game-breaking or anything, just kind of... dull. I always enjoyed reading those, especially since a good chunk of those were somewhat comedic :) That made exploring so much more interesting and engaging.

With over 100 bodies in KSS, getting all the sciencedefs in is going to take a while. The reason not that many bodies have sciencedefs right now is because the stock ones are loaded with different biomes (Duna has 11 biomes, Mun has 10 biomes, etc), compared to most of the bodies which have less than 10 biomes. Also, having to write that many sentences really takes away creativity (opposed to writing descriptions, you have to write a couple sentences 100 different times, each with something different), which is also why we got to a slow start as far as writing goes.

I can guarantee you that there will be a lot more bodies with custom sciencedefs filled out in 0.7. We just finished the major bodies in the Kerbol System, and are starting to work on interstellar bodies :). I'm thinking that all bodies should have custom text by around 1.0.

Thanks for the compliments, by the way :D

Edited by TheSpacePotato

4 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

@Axeon

You need the kopernicus version mentioned on page 1 to Fix the problems.

Yep, reverting seems to have fixed the solar panels! Gotta start a new game because the contracts in mine are already broken, but I have a feeling they're fixed too. Thanks for the help! :D

@StarCrusher96 *sigh* Sorry to keep bugging you, but the system still just loves to give me Kerbol satellite contracts. Maybe there's a mod or some config way to just blacklist Kerbol from contract bodies? "Contract Filter" would be ideal, but it was discontinued back in 1.1 days, and I really don't feel like spending all that effort to get satellites in all those weird orbits of Kerbol :( There are Kerbin contracts here and there, but most for Kerbol. And I haven't even escaped Kerbin yet...

22 minutes ago, Axeon said:

@StarCrusher96 *sigh* Sorry to keep bugging you, but the system still just loves to give me Kerbol satellite contracts. Maybe there's a mod or some config way to just blacklist Kerbol from contract bodies? "Contract Filter" would be ideal, but it was discontinued back in 1.1 days, and I really don't feel like spending all that effort to get satellites in all those weird orbits of Kerbol :( There are Kerbin contracts here and there, but most for Kerbol. And I haven't even escaped Kerbin yet...

I'm not sure if there is a fix for this because I've been trying for a long time to find a solution for this. I'll keep searching though.

1 hour ago, Axeon said:

Once you start moving outwards you'll start getting contracts for bodies other than Kerbol.

1 hour ago, Calvin_Maclure said:

K, that top one is ridiculous! That actually looks like desktop background downloadable goodness!

It's definitely one of the best screenshots I've taken. Within the top 3 I've taken for sure :) 

@Axeon @StarCrusher96 I think there is a way to remove contracts...

(the following config is taken from removeContracts.cfg in SigmaBinary)

@Contracts:HAS[@Kopernicus]:FOR[SigmaBinary]
{
	@ISRU
	{
		@RESOURCE_REQUEST,*
		{
			Forbidden = //body name
		}
	}
}

Maybe you could modify it to not accept the exploration contract, but I really don't know how... :/

EDIT: StarCrusher, I noticed that you still use flightGlobalsIndexes for the bodies and this messes with the contract system. Try removing these values and let Kopernicus set those numbers. :wink:

Edited by EricL

1 hour ago, EricL said:

@Axeon @StarCrusher96 I think there is a way to remove contracts...

(the following config is taken from removeContracts.cfg in SigmaBinary)

@Contracts:HAS[@Kopernicus]:FOR[SigmaBinary]
{
	@ISRU
	{
		@RESOURCE_REQUEST,*
		{
			Forbidden = //body name
		}
	}
}

Maybe you could modify it to not accept the exploration contract, but I really don't know how... :/

EDIT: StarCrusher, I noticed that you still use flightGlobalsIndexes for the bodies and this messes with the contract system. Try removing these values and let Kopernicus set those numbers. :wink:

Forbidding contracts for stars? I'd like to keep having those. But i can't remove the values because the order of the celestials and thus the contracts would be messed up.

Edited by StarCrusher96

Hey! :)
I just downloaded this mod but before starting a new save with it, I was wondering if I can upgrade that save file in the future for the 0.7 release or if I have to create a new save file for that. Because in the latter case I would wait ^^
Also, is there any compatibility with Kerbol Origins planned for the future? (Or if not, are there plans on adding a comet?)

I'm really excited to try this mod ^_^

Edited by Kangroozeeh

1 hour ago, Kangroozeeh said:

Hey! :)
I just downloaded this mod but before starting a new save with it, I was wondering if I can upgrade that save file in the future for the 0.7 release or if I have to create a new save file for that. Because in the latter case I would wait ^^
Also, is there any compatibility with Kerbol Origins planned for the future? (Or if not, are there plans on adding a comet?)

I'm really excited to try this mod ^_^

There are already two comets in KSS. More comets and possibly working particle trails coming in future updates.

Aaaaand it's me again :) Nothing too major this time, but found one rather interesting, and quite puzzling bug - I can't leave satellites orbiting the Mun, or I won't ever see them again. Once I exit the game, upon returning I am greeted with a message of initiating a first fly-by of The All and a message for escaping it, and every single one of my Munar satellites is gone. Is the Mun secretly a wormhole to The All? :D

Edited by Axeon

1 hour ago, Axeon said:

Aaaaand it's me again :) Nothing too major this time, but found one rather interesting, and quite puzzling bug - I can't leave satellites orbiting the Mun, or I won't ever see them again. Once I exit the game, upon returning I am greeted with a message of initiating a first fly-by of The All and a message for escaping it, and every single one of my Munar satellites is gone. Is the Mun secretly a wormhole to The All? :D

It's a known bug :) Should be fixed in 0.7 as I'm having some sats in the Kerbin - Mun region.

1 hour ago, Axeon said:

There's a fix for this problem posted on the 1st page under bugs

21 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

It's a known bug :) Should be fixed in 0.7 as I'm having some sats in the Kerbin - Mun region.

Good to know, thanks! I'm just glad it's only the Mun that has this bug (as far as I had time to test yet), and its tidal locking negates the need for sats anyway, as long as I keep to the facing side for landers :D

Hm... did everything exactly as the readme said. Uninstalled KSP and deleted all left-over mod content, followed the instructions precisely, but when I start a new game, the game just stays in the black screen with the loading symbol in the right corner for ever. Same goes when I click on the "Settings" button in the menu. I googled a bit and someone suggested it's Kopernicus that causes the problem. So I went to the GameData folder, Ctrl+X on the Kopernicus folder and moved it to the desktop. Restarted the game and voilá, I can access the settings menu instantly. Didn't dare to start a new game as it would prbly be all loveed up without Kopernicus.

But what am I supposed to do now? I cannot play with KSS withouth Kopernicus but I cannot get into the game with Kopernicus on... has anyone encountered this problem before?

edit: Got the problem nailed down. The latest Kopernicus update already contains a fix for the ringshader, so downloading that old .dll file as instructed in the KSS install instrucations becomes obsolete and breaks Kopernicus. Might want to update those instal instructions :)

Edited by Kangroozeeh
problem solved

2 hours ago, Kangroozeeh said:

Hm... did everything exactly as the readme said. Uninstalled KSP and deleted all left-over mod content, followed the instructions precisely, but when I start a new game, the game just stays in the black screen with the loading symbol in the right corner for ever. Same goes when I click on the "Settings" button in the menu. I googled a bit and someone suggested it's Kopernicus that causes the problem. So I went to the GameData folder, Ctrl+X on the Kopernicus folder and moved it to the desktop. Restarted the game and voilá, I can access the settings menu instantly. Didn't dare to start a new game as it would prbly be all loveed up without Kopernicus.

But what am I supposed to do now? I cannot play with KSS withouth Kopernicus but I cannot get into the game with Kopernicus on... has anyone encountered this problem before?

edit: Got the problem nailed down. The latest Kopernicus update already contains a fix for the ringshader, so downloading that old .dll file as instructed in the KSS install instrucations becomes obsolete and breaks Kopernicus. Might want to update those instal instructions :)

Are you using the Kopernicus version given on the front page? The ring fix works just fine with the version of Kopernicus provided by KSS. KSS doesn't use the latest version of Kopernicus because the latest version is for 1.3, while KSS is for 1.2.2.

Also, @StarCrusher96 is aware of the ring shader fix, and the rings will work just fine in 0.7 :P