[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

StarCrusher96

I really wanted to test out this mod, but I ran into this graphical glitches. Also the planets are a bit too bright.

FoxT7EE.png

DvcKjrK.png

I'm using Kopernicus 1.3.0-6 and KSS 0.6.1. My modlist:

cQkwN5K.pngZmgiiU0.png

System specs: i5-4690k, GTX 750 Ti (2GB GDDR5), 24GB RAM (2x4GB + 2x8GB)

Edited by Designer225

33 minutes ago, Designer225 said:

I'm using Kopernicus 1.3.0-6 and

Please revert to 1.3.0-4. Release 5 introduces new parameters for stars which will cause this exact light problem with all planet packs.

I don't think this will fix your other problem, though. The other devs here may know.

17 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Please revert to 1.3.0-4. Release 5 introduces new parameters for stars which will cause this exact light problem with all planet packs.

I don't think this will fix your other problem, though. The other devs here may know.

Surprisingly, reverting to 1.3.0-4 does fix almost all of my issues. Thanks for the help. :)

Well, now I have to deal with RAM usage bloating to 99%, though it probably have to do with me installing mods incorrectly...

Edited by Designer225

@Designer225

KSS 0.6(.1-2) does not work correctly in 1.3 because it's made for 1.2.2 and lacks fixes for 1.3. I guess your game will probably be filled with bugs. Revert back to KSP 1.2.2. And use the kopernicus version mentioned on page 1 of the KSS thread.

Edited by StarCrusher96

20 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

@Designer225

KSS 0.6(.1-2) does not work correctly in 1.3 because it's made for 1.2.2 and lacks fixes for 1.3. I guess your game will probably be filled with bugs. Revert back to KSP 1.2.2. And use the kopernicus version mentioned on page 1 of the KSS thread.

That explains the graphics glitches. Kopernicus 1.3.0-4 does make the bugs much more bearable so I'll keep using 1.3. Not that I can revert because most of my mods are compiled for 1.3 :/ ...

58 minutes ago, GamesBRzito said:

Any release forecasts for version 1.3?

KSS 0.7 will be compatible with version 1.3

Expect a release mid/late September

19 hours ago, AR3S_TGL said:

Can I help write the story?

I mean, there's not much left to do in terms of actually writing the story.

What we need to figure out now between KSS 0.7 and 1.0 is the actual implementation of said story in game.

Edited by Greatness101

On 8/31/2017 at 5:44 AM, Greatness101 said:

I mean, there's not much left to do in terms of actually writing the story.

What we need to figure out now between KSS 0.7 and 1.0 is the actual implementation of said story in game.

If I can help in some way, I will try to do it.

1 hour ago, Saltshaker said:

Can someone give me the rundown of the story? I'm assuming the start is 50 yrs after the KSP (as mentioned in page 1)

Most of the story is under wraps, until we manage to get it into the game. However, it will be in-game once we manage to get it all in :P

On 8/30/2017 at 11:44 PM, Greatness101 said:

Well, role-playing and story telling have been tried many ways in ksp, and all have had short-comings. My advice would be to wait until the mission creator rolls out with the dlc and see what you can do with it. Otherwise, I believe that a storyline just isn't feasible in ksp. 

Edited by Galileo

3 hours ago, Galileo said:

Well, roleplayung and story telling has been tried many ways in ksp, and all have had shortcomings. My advice would be to wait until the mission creator rolls out with the dlc and see what you can do with it. Otherwise, I believe that a storyline just isn't feasible in ksp. 

I agree 100%. I was never a fan of the concept of a story line. It's a space simulator, not an RPG. I hope this story crap isn't holding up the release of 0.7 

I do however like the idea of missions.

Edited by Voodoo8648

5 minutes ago, Voodoo8648 said:

I agree 100%. I was never a fan of the concept of a story line. It's a space simulator, not an RPG. I hope this story crap isn't holding up the release of 0.7 

This. If its bugs/non-story additions holding up 0.7, that's fine, but if its story, then that can be in 0.7.1,.2,.3, etc.

53 minutes ago, Voodoo8648 said:

The storyline is not going to affect the release of 0.7 in any way. @StarCrusher96 already has planned the date when 0.7 is going to be released (within the month, for sure), and it is likely that only a part of the story is going to end up being implemented, and will likely only come in fragments. Besides, KSP was originally supposed to have a storyline as well. You can read about it here. Also, please refrain from referring to our hard work as "this story crap". It's about as degrading as saying the planets look like crap.

4 hours ago, Galileo said:

Well, roleplayung and story telling has been tried many ways in ksp, and all have had shortcomings. My advice would be to wait until the mission creator rolls out with the dlc and see what you can do with it. Otherwise, I believe that a storyline just isn't feasible in ksp. 

I understand what you mean, and I do agree, it is going to be difficult getting an effective storyline. That's why we've been working on this for a few months now. The storyline isn't going to affect the gameplay in any way; it is rather more of an end-game goal, something you can only achieve after building up a complex space program (or during the process if you're impatient determined enough). KSS is still going to be the same mod, just one with a backstory. The KSS Team has gone very in-depth into explaining the entire KSS Universe, and you, along with many other players, will probably be surprised at what we've accomplished (*cough* that surprise *cough*). As I said before, the storyline might not even be fully implemented into the game, as the process of implementing the parts of the lore is going slower than we though, and will likely not be complete considering how close we are to the release of 0.7. Either way, the KSS Team is proud of the storyline, and I'm going to give the @TheSpacePotato Certified Guarunteethat it won't get in the way of your gameplay experience, instead it might enhance it.

46 minutes ago, Saltshaker said:

This. If its bugs/non-story additions holding up 0.7, that's fine, but if its story, then that can be in 0.7.1,.2,.3, etc.

As I said, it won't hold back the release of 0.7. We're going to see what we can do about the storyline, but 0.7 is being released at its designated time with or without it.

We get it, you guys are anxious for 0.7. So are we, but we have to get things done first. The storyline is going to be implemented eventually regardless, but we've given you the option of not having to do it and just play the game as it is. Just try to refrain from complaining, because nobody here likes having their hard work being treated like crap.

Edited by TheSpacePotato

Just now, TheSpacePotato said:

The storyline is not going to affect the release of 0.7 in any way. @StarCrusher96 already has planned the date when 0.7 is going to be released (within the month, for sure), and it is likely that only a part of the story is going to end up being implemented, and will likely only come in fragments. Besides, KSP was originally supposed to have a storyline as well. You can read about it here. Also, please refrain from referring to our hard work as "this story crap". 

I understand what you mean, and I do agree, it is going to be difficult getting an effective storyline. That's why we've been working on this for a few months now. The storyline isn't going to affect the gameplay in any way; it is rather more of an end-game goal, something you can only achieve after building up a complex space program (or during the process if you're impatient determined enough). KSS is still going to be the same mod, just one with a backstory. The KSS Team has gone very in-depth into explaining the entire KSS Universe, and you, along with many other players, will probably be surprised at what we've accomplished (*cough* that surprise *cough*). As I said before, the storyline might not even be fully implemented into the game, as the process of implementing the parts of the lore is going slower than we though, and will likely not be complete considering how close we are to the release of 0.7. Either way, the KSS Team is proud of the storyline, and I'm going to give the @TheSpacePotato Certified Guarunteethat it won't get in the way of your gameplay experience, instead it might enhance it.

As I said, it won't hold back the release of 0.7. We're going to see what we can do about the storyline, but 0.7 is being released at its designated time with or without it.

We get it, you guys are anxious for 0.7. So are we, but we have to get things done first. The storyline is going to be implemented eventually regardless, but we've given you the option of not having to do it and just play the game as it is. Just try to refrain from complaining, because nobody here likes having their hard work being treated like crap.

Ok, thanks for clarifying.

I, for one, am looking forward to the story elements.  :)  I'd like to see what you've come up with, whenever it's fully implemented.

21 minutes ago, TheSpacePotato said:

Also, please refrain from referring to our hard work as "this story crap". 

@TheSpacePotato shouldn't have to say this.  From everything I've seen in this thread, the KSS team is putting together an incredible mod.  It's one of the best implementations of multiple star systems I've seen, and is something I've been excited to try out for quite a while.  Mods like this are made by people who love the game and want to bring something fun and unique to it.  I understand that different people are looking forward to different parts of this mod, and that's just fine!  However, that does not give anyone the right to berate the folks working on this mod because they, *le gasp*, want to work on another aspect of the game.  Just because they're making a mod does not suddenly mean they're not allowed to have fun anymore.

So, let's everyone cool their jets, and let this team do what they do best; bringing us amazing places to explore.  :)

38 minutes ago, RobFalcon said:

However, that does not give anyone the right to berate the folks working on this mod because they, *le gasp*, want to work on another aspect of the game.

It's not even that we're focused on the storyline rather than everything else. Everything is being given equal amounts of attention. @StarCrusher96 is working on the development of the planets and mod, while the rest of the team is focused on smaller tasks, like descriptions, sciencedefs, and the storyline (with some help from StarCrusher, of course). Everything is receiving the same amount of love and care, which is why 0.7 is going to be such a diverse update.