[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

StarCrusher96

Rilna

Rilna_0.7.png?dl=1

Spoiler

Rilna is a habitable super-Kerbin that is currently experiencing a global ice age.

Rilna is the equivalent of Kerbin if Kerbin was in an ice age. It has multiple continents connected by large glaciers coming from the massive poles. Because of the mass glacial patterns, almost all the land on Rilna is connected to each other, making land travel to any area possible. However, this is only possible because so much of Rilna's surface water is locked up in glaciers. During warmer periods of Rilna's history, the water level gets high enough to cover most of the land bridges and separate

Due to the cold climate and breathable atmosphere, Rilna is a great place for mass ski resorts.

2 hours ago, TheSpacePotato said:

Rilna

Rilna_0.7.png?dl=1

Hide contents

Rilna is a habitable super-Kerbin that is currently experiencing a global ice age.

Rilna is the equivalent of Kerbin if Kerbin was in an ice age. It has multiple continents connected by large glaciers coming from the massive poles. Because of the mass glacial patterns, almost all the land on Rilna is connected to each other, making land travel to any area possible. However, this is only possible because so much of Rilna's surface water is locked up in glaciers. During warmer periods of Rilna's history, the water level gets high enough to cover most of the land bridges and separate

Due to the cold climate and breathable atmosphere, Rilna is a great place for mass ski resorts.

To quote a certain person born in 1989, "Nice!"

7 minutes ago, TheSpacePotato said:

I believe that an accretion disk was being reserved for another body in KSS. It's up to @StarCrusher96, though.

Really? I thought accretion disks only exist around black holes and neutron stars. And I don't think any more of those are being planned at the time being.

You maybe thinking of a possible protoplanetary disk around Kerlanes, though :P

4 minutes ago, Greatness101 said:

Really? I thought accretion disks only exist around black holes and neutron stars. And I don't think any more of those are being planned at the time being.

You maybe thinking of a possible protoplanetary disk around Kerlanes, though :P

By another body I meant another black hole, which might be planned for a future update :P

I could be wrong, though :P

Edited by TheSpacePotato

Ora

Ora.png?dl=1

Spoiler

Ora is the 4th planet in the Kelnis System, and the first in the habitable zone of Kelnis.

Ora's tidally locked nature makes it so that the planet has a single large ocean on one hemisphere and a massive icecap on the other. The hemispheric ocean hosts a large number of archipelagos, making Ora an "island planet". Due to the permanently sunlit nature of Ora's hemispheric ocean and the rarity of dry land, large quantities of warm and moist air constantly rises from the surface. This provides fuel for long lasting megastorms that have raged over Ora's substellar point for long stretches of the planet's history. As of right now, Ora is in a storm phase, which can last for thousands of years.

1 hour ago, TheSpacePotato said:

Ora

Ora.png?dl=1

Hide contents

Ora is the 4th planet in the Kelnis System, and the first in the habitable zone of Kelnis.

Ora's tidally locked nature makes it so that the planet has a single large ocean on one hemisphere and a massive icecap on the other. The hemispheric ocean hosts a large number of archipelagos, making Ora an "island planet". Due to the permanently sunlit nature of Ora's hemispheric ocean and the rarity of dry land, large quantities of warm and moist air constantly rises from the surface. This provides fuel for long lasting megastorms that have raged over Ora's substellar point for long stretches of the planet's history. As of right now, Ora is in a storm phase, which can last for thousands of years.

Reminiscent of Narath...

1 hour ago, Saltshaker said:

Tidally locked, both with a snowball side and a burning (almost) wasteland side

Well, because of the large ocean Ora has, it allows heat to be transferred more easily than on Narath, meaning that even the islands on the substellar point can remain habitable. Narath doesn't have that :P

1 hour ago, TheSpacePotato said:

Well, because of the large ocean Ora has, it allows heat to be transferred more easily than on Narath, meaning that even the islands on the substellar point can remain habitable. Narath doesn't have that :P

So Ora is less of half-burning hell-misphere?

Just now, Saltshaker said:

So Ora is less of half-burning hell-misphere?

Not really, I'd say Irke is the half-baked potato of the Kelnis System. half desert, half ice, with a bit of water between.

Irke.png?dl=1

You can't see the ice, but it covers pretty much all of the dark side.

5 minutes ago, Greatness101 said:

@Saltshaker Understanding on everything KSS related will become a lot easier to attain once our top secret project is out. :P

Yep. When the project is out, not only will you be able to [redacted], but you can also [redacted]! :)

Edited by TheSpacePotato

ora?

ORA?

**Proceeds to manifest a weird ghost dude who can touch things for some reason, then repeatably punches a wall**

ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA!