[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

StarCrusher96

Thanks for the posts!

It would be fairly easy for me to bring back my experienced kerbals to the astronaut complex (before installing KSS .7) , then just spend (lots of) cash & re-build science stations and mining bases (using more high-tech parts).  I will also keep all my deployed craft "parts" position in a spreadsheet in case I can move them to new orbits.   My current carrier is like 1000 (Earth) hours.

At worst case, I have saved planes/rockets with with VERY good designs (both stock and CTT mods) .  So a new career won't be so long and painful. 

EDIT: Please don't post many images from the ALL.  It should be a very mysterious place that requires a real crew to enter - even a pilot !

Edited by enewmen

33 minutes ago, enewmen said:

Thanks for the posts!

It would be fairly easy for me to bring back my experienced kerbals to the astronaut complex (before installing KSS .7) , then just spend (lots of) cash & re-build science stations and mining bases (using more high-tech parts).  I will also keep all my deployed craft "parts" position in a spreadsheet in case I can move them to new orbits.   My current carrier is like 1000 (Earth) hours.

At worst case, I have saved planes/rockets with with VERY good designs (both stock and CTT mods) .  So a new career won't be so long and painful. 

EDIT: Please don't post many images from the ALL.  It should be a very mysterious place that requires a real crew to enter - even a pilot !

Heh, good point about the ALL. But its secrets will hopefully be revealed soon in 0.7

1 hour ago, Saltshaker said:

Heh, good point about the ALL. But its secrets will hopefully be revealed soon in 0.7

Maybe not 0.7, but definitely by KSS 1.0 :wink:

A little bit of the storyline is going to be revealed in KSS 0.7, along with that surprise we keep mentioning, but nothing major :P

RELEASE: Kerbal Star Systems 0.7 (PART 1) (yes, we renamed KSS)

Sorry you had to wait this long, but we think we really did a good job with this release and it was worth the wait.

This is part 1 of the Kerbal Star Systems 0.7 version. Because of the size of this mod and the problems with previous versions we first want to iron out all the bugs and issues before releasing part 2. Part 2 will include the revamped Kerolon System, Kelnis System. Implementation of lore and planetpack compatibility + more...

We also worked for months on a secret project. We think it's ready and we want to share it with you guys: Kerbal Star Systems has now it's own official wiki page. Here you can find everything you need to know about KSS. This wiki is still developing and growing so this is not suppose to be the final product. :wink:

URL: http://kerbal-star-systems.wikia.com/wiki/Kerbal_Star_Systems_Wiki 

- special thx to all the contributors for helping me with this!

screenshot3.png?dl=1

Changes:

Spoiler

• Kerbol StarSystem renamed to Kerbal Star Systems
  • Chur - Analogue of comet Churyumov Gerasimenko
  • Thes - Proteus analogue
  • Nian - Titania analogue
  • Ilum - moon of Hypat
  • Hal - Haumea analogue
  • Nyla made into an analogue of Nereid/repositioned
  • Eeloo's texture redone to be more like Enceladus
  • Duna looks more like Mars
  • Jeln retextured
  • Trytho retextured
  • Umnyl, Aryl, and Im retextured
  • Mun texture rotated
  • Pol's texture modified
  • Eeloo gets geysers (when EVE installed)
  • Kerbin's texture reverted to modified stock version but improved
    Continents stay the same as stock but there are now terrain features like mountain ranges, new rivers, and
    new biomes.
  • Naith retexture/repositioned
  • Working exospheres for various celestials in the Kerbol System (height = 10 km)
  • Various improvements and bugfixing
  • custom brightnesscurves for all the stars
  • Kerbol got a realistic atmosphere, corona, ...

Improvements of visuals

• Using the 'new' version of EVE
  • Moving clouds for gas giants
  • Stock sunflares are back if visuals are uninstalled
  • Use of CTTP groundtextures instead of the old ones
  • More custom sciencedefs (thx to @TheSpacePotato, @Calvin_Maclure and @Greatness101)
  • New Stellar Bodies
  • Updated Parts (thx to @JadeOfMaar)
  • Custom groundscattering (thx to @Davian Lin) - this is still in developement and inaccuracies might occur!

** Reports of bugs and issues mentioned in the installation-(README)folder will be ignored. Please keep reporting other bugs!

DOWNLOAD FROM GITHUB

Edited by StarCrusher96

4 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

We also worked for months on a secret project. We think it's ready to share it with you guys: Kerbal Star Systems has now it's own official wiki page. Here you can find everything you need to know about KSS. This wiki is still developing and growing so this is not suppose to be the final product. :wink:

OH YES!

But seriously, that wiki took forever to put together, and I think it's safe to say all of us on the KSS Team are proud of it :) Make sure to take a good look at it too, because there are a few secrets in there that are waiting to be found!

33 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

RELEASE: Kerbal Star Systems 0.7 (PART 1) (yes, we renamed KSS)

Sorry you had to wait this long, but we think we really did a good job with this release and it was worth the wait.

This is part 1 of the Kerbal Star Systems 0.7 version. Because of the size of this mod and the problems with previous versions we first want to iron out all the bugs and issues before releasing part 2. Part 2 will include the revamped Kerolon System, Kelnis System. Implementation of lore and planetpack compatibility + more...

We also worked for months on a secret project. We think it's ready and we want to share it with you guys: Kerbal Star Systems has now it's own official wiki page. Here you can find everything you need to know about KSS. This wiki is still developing and growing so this is not suppose to be the final product. :wink:

screenshot3.png?dl=1

Changes:

Hide contents

• Kerbol StarSystem renamed to Kerbal Star Systems
  • Chur - Analogue of comet Churyumov Gerasimenko
  • Thes - Proteus analogue
  • Nian - Titania analogue
  • Ilum - moon of Hypat
  • Hal - Haumea analogue
  • Nyla made into an analogue of Nereid/repositioned
  • Eeloo's texture redone to be more like Enceladus
  • Duna looks more like Mars
  • Jeln retextured
  • Trytho retextured
  • Umnyl, Aryl, and Im retextured
  • Mun texture rotated
  • Pol's texture modified
  • Eeloo gets geysers (when EVE installes)
  • Kerbin's texture reverted to modified stock version but improved
    Continents stay the same as stock but there are now terrain features like mountain ranges, new rivers, and
    new biomes.
  • Naith retexture/repositioned
  • Various improvements and bugfixing
  • custom brightnesscurves for all the stars
  • Kerbol got a realistic atmosphere, corona, ...

Improvements of visuals

• Using the 'new' version of EVE
  • Moving clouds for gas giants
  • Stock sunflares are back if visuals are uninstalled
  • Use of CTTP groundtextures instead of the old ones
  • More custom sciencedefs (thx to @TheSpacePotato, @Calvin_Maclure and @Greatness101)
  • New Stellar Bodies
  • Updated Parts (thx to @JadeOfMaar)
  • Custom groundscattering (thx to @Davian Lin) - this is still in developement and inaccuracies might occur!

** Reports of bugs and issues mentioned in the installation-(README)folder will be ignored. Please keep reporting other bugs!

DOWNLOAD FROM GITHUB

Don't really know how to articulate, but great work guys!

Also, when part 2 comes out, will most of the things be bundled into the same download?

Edited by Saltshaker
Question

4 minutes ago, Saltshaker said:

Also, when part 2 comes out, will most of the things be bundled into the same download?

Part 2 is going to be split into the same downloads, but instead a separate download for optional star systems (Kormin, Kelnis, Kerolon, etc.). We made KSS more modular for 0.7 :P

Just now, TheSpacePotato said:

Part 2 is going to be split into the same downloads, but instead a separate download for optional star systems (Kormin, Kelnis, Kerolon, etc.). We made KSS more modular for 0.7 :P

And so to add the new systems you just paste "KSS_newsystem" into the KSS folder?

Again, congrats on getting part 1out the door. !

I was reading the wiki a little.  One idea I had was having 1-2 planets in another star system Not in the All having simple life forms "as we know it" .  A living-inhabited planet will have ultra-valuable Biomes.  Returning a living sample will be 100x more valuable than a soil sample from a normal planet.  This planet doesn't need to be terraformed .

The lore, Precursors in the All, and who built the pyramids, etc. is something different and a separate part of the story - I guess.

I have another vote for "More exotic objects (black holes, neutron stars, etc) ".  Something to get pilots very confused and scared.

1 hour ago, enewmen said:

I have another vote for "More exotic objects (black holes, neutron stars, etc) ".  Something to get pilots very confused and scared.

There's Karkua, the black hole. :P 

In the meantime you can add the Kargantua mod somewhere and have +1 black hole and the pulsar.... Although, you'll have to cut out INSTANTIATOR in the meantime and deal with no epic accretion disk.

I wish Karkua emitted light though. Then I could tease people with the sunflare I made for it.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

Is it possible to get smooth terminators on planets like Kerbin with this mod with the visual packs?  I have all the KSS stuff and its dependencies EVE, Scatterer, and that's it on this install.  Sort of along the lines of this from SVE?

In my game, the clouds along the terminator are all black and there is not really a smooth transition between day and night.

6e150e30f7.png

Edited by Redleg1
added image

15 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

(yes, we renamed KSS)

:confused: That's a...pretty big change.

Tell me, why did you decide to change the name at all? Just wondering.

And congrats on the release of part 1! I can't wait for part 2! 

Edited by EricL

30 minutes ago, EricL said:

:confused: That's a...pretty big change.

Tell me, why did you decide to change the name at all? Just wondering.

And congrats on the release of part 1! I can't wait for part 2! 

When I first started out with KSS in 2015, The Kerbol System became a ternary starsystem. So I called my mod Kerbol StarSystem. 

Now Kerbol StarSystem evolved into much more than that and the name became 'confusing'. So changing the name into Kerbal Star Systems sounded logical. 

43 minutes ago, Redleg1 said:

Is it possible to get smooth terminators on planets like Kerbin with this mod with the visual packs?  I have all the KSS stuff and its dependencies EVE, Scatterer, and that's it on this install.  Sort of along the lines of this from SVE?

In my game, the clouds along the terminator are all black and there is not really a smooth transition between day and night.

Spoiler

6e150e30f7.png

Hi,

which mod is used in this screenshot?

Edited by StarCrusher96