[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

StarCrusher96

3 hours ago, Greatness101 said:

A lot of parameters have changed though, and the bodies for 0.8 are not even remotely final :P

What would we *generally* be seeing in 0.8? Personally I’d like more fleshed out systems (more/better moons, comets in other systems) although it is already very good where it stands now.

13 hours ago, Saltshaker said:

What would we *generally* be seeing in 0.8? Personally I’d like more fleshed out systems (more/better moons, comets in other systems) although it is already very good where it stands now.

Right now, we're focusing on what's planned for 0.7 Part 2, which is almost ready. However, we do have plans for future updates, as seen on this page. Although not all of what's in the changelog is confirmed, you can expect to see at least some of it in 0.8.

3 hours ago, TheSpacePotato said:

Right now, we're focusing on what's planned for 0.7 Part 2, which is almost ready. However, we do have plans for future updates, as seen on this page. Although not all of what's in the changelog is confirmed, you can expect to see at least some of it in 0.8.

And with 0.7 part 2 we’ll be seeing compatibility with 1.3.1?

@Saltshaker KSS is already compatible with 1.3.1.

On 10/7/2017 at 3:33 PM, Galileo said:

You don’t have to remove it, kopernicus just won’t read that line anymore. No changes are necessary. There is a bug with the stock sun flares though. Squad changed how they are implemented and kopernicus hasn’t implemented a fix for users to change them. I fix is forthcoming and no changes will be needed once the next kopernicus is released.

21 hours ago, Greatness101 said:

A lot of parameters have changed though, and the bodies for 0.8 are not even remotely final :P

Scoured the wiki... Korlon is getting a few outer planets (I think.) Look at the trivia Area.

http://kerbal-star-systems.wikia.com/wiki/Korlon_System

Also, got more errors. Show I post them on PasteBin?

Also, I saw the planned features page...

I've tried to code gas moons for ages now.

P.S: There's a moon called Aras?! Based off me BTW?

Edited by AR3S_TGL

1 hour ago, AR3S_TGL said:

Scoured the wiki... Korlon is getting a few outer planets (I think.) Look at the trivia Area.

http://kerbal-star-systems.wikia.com/wiki/Korlon_System

Also, got more errors. Show I post them on PasteBin?

Also, I saw the planned features page...

I've tried to code gas moons for ages now.

P.S: There's a moon called Aras?! Based off me BTW?

Korlon is planned to get a few bodies (you can find concepts in the Planned Features page)

Posting a link to the errors on PasteBin would be helpful to prevent clutter on the pages

Gas moons shouldn't be hard, it's just the code for a regular gas planet but it orbits a planet

Aras isn't a moon, it's a replacement for Lyrne (which is being bumped into a different system), and no, it isn't based on you :P

13 minutes ago, RobFalcon said:

Nice!  :D  I'll need to give some of these a shot!

We're also making it so you guys could also post whatever about KSS on there, like mission ideas, current missions, or just general talk about the mod. It should help to try to remove some of the clutter on this page :P

I'm so glad that with the latest version of Kopernicus, this works in 1.3.1. Been looking forward to this for months. I'm a little bit terrified to start a new career mode, since I'm also using ResearchBodies and I'm almost certainly going to miss something, given how much there is here. I cheat moded my way in Sandbox mode just to look at the planets, and this is a beautiful mod. Between this and my other mods, it takes like 10 minutes to load, but it's worth it.

Really glad that you somehow have it set up so that other stars emit solar wind. They even seem to emit different amounts than Kerbol. Planets with atmospheres actually have meaningful, varied compositions that allow solid ISRU with KSPI. This is absolutely fantastic. Thank you for getting this update out.

One question: will asteroids show up in other systems, or will that be restricted to Kerbol? Would be cool to set up asteroid bases elsewhere.

On 11/1/2017 at 12:02 PM, StarCrusher96 said:

* WHY THE NAME "Kerbal Star Systems"?:

2 years ago, this mod started as an expansion of the Kerbol System. Adding 2 stars: Kirb and Kernim with the current planets of Kelin, orbiting Kirb and the current Kernim System. That's why I called it Kerbol StarSystem (because everything was part of the Kerbol System). But as the mod grew, I saw more potential in creating an entire starcluster / galaxy / whatever you call it. So the mod got renamed to Kerbal Star Systems when 0.7 got released.

- StarCrusher96

also, Kerbol doesn't exist :D

18 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

True but still:

"The Sun (also known as Kerbol) is the parent star of the planetary system in KSP, popularly referred to as the Kerbol System."

they changed it

it used to say:

''Kerbol''' (officially called '''the Sun''' and sometimes '''the Star''')

it's not a big deal, but I don't see the point in using "wrong" information in a wiki, and also it amazes me how a lot of people are convinced the actual name is "Kerbol" and when you tell them to go look in game they are shocked to discover it's actually "The Sun"

(also, "the Star" ??????)

Edited by Sigma88

Just now, StarCrusher96 said:

haha but indeed, a wiki like that should avoid using wrong information. 

yeah that's what I don't get.

I don't have anything against the name kerbol itself, if SQUAD were to use that name ingame I would have absolutely no issues with it.

2 hours ago, Sigma88 said:

yeah that's what I don't get.

I don't have anything against the name kerbol itself, if SQUAD were to use that name ingame I would have absolutely no issues with it.

It's kind of like the Kraken or the Mohole; if the community has taken to a certain naming convention, it makes sense to at least include that naming convention in a wiki discussing the game. Community names aren't "wrong," they're just not official names.

1 hour ago, Zero132132 said:

It's kind of like the Kraken or the Mohole; if the community has taken to a certain naming convention, it makes sense to at least include that naming convention in a wiki discussing the game. Community names aren't "wrong," they're just not official names.

While I agree that it makes sense for a wiki to list alternative/non canon names I still believe that the official name should be the one used to refer to the body (The Sun).

I would need to check the ingame name for the kraken and the mohole (assuming the latter has a name), but those names are way less accessible than "The Sun".

You won't believe how many "bug reports" we get over at Kopernicus (or any planet pack for that matter) saying "Kerbol has been renamed to Sun"

Like that's a bug...

Due to unprofessional work of one of the contributors. KSS clouds are taken down and will be reconstructed without violating any licenses. Scatterer-/configs are still available. 

This happened without me (Starcrusher96) knowing it and I want to apologize to the rightful owners for 'using' your textures. The person who did this doesn't want to understand how licenses work and is apparently known for using licensed textures, he is removed from contributing to KSS.

Edited by StarCrusher96