[1.12.x] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - [2.14.3] [4th March 2023]

sarbian

I'd get the Module Manager in any case, it's a requirement for the majority of mods.

Now, let's try to get to the root of your problem. You say  

2 hours ago, Sunnyk said:

but nothing loads in game

I assume you followed the instructions on the first page of this thread, and checked the common issues and how to resolve those?  

On 1/11/2017 at 1:49 PM, sarbian said:

Common problems

• The MechJeb menu is not showing. First make sure you have the part on your ship (AR202 case in the Control section). Some windows protection and anti-virus can sometimes block KSP from loading MechJeb. You should install KSP outside the C:\Program Files (x86) directory. Steam has an option to change the install directory of a game or you can just copy the directory somewhere else.
  • Some function are not present in career. Some function require to unlock some specific node in the Research and Development tree. Some other also require to upgrade the tracking station to level 2 (Game code restriction we can't do much about)

If that doesn't help, can you please provide log files as outlines in this thread?

MJ, as per my experience, tends to start burns a bit late (Jim DiGriz and sarbian would heavily disagree here, lol), hence the PE after a burn tends to be too low.

I learned to live with it, me being lazy, I prefer to do a little correction burn shorty after.

8 hours ago, chuckreis said:

Hi I'm pretty new to the game(almost 30hrs.) and I found MJ mod but I have a question; Is there a more detailed version of the mod because this one here is kinda absent in some sub-titles.(Or detailed videos can do) 

Perhaps you have a career mode and not all MJ modules are studied?

16 hours ago, VoidSquid said:

MJ, as per my experience, tends to start burns a bit late (Jim DiGriz and sarbian would heavily disagree here, lol), hence the PE after a burn tends to be too low.

I learned to live with it, me being lazy, I prefer to do a little correction burn shorty after.

It seems to me that the later ignition is due to a change in thrust during burning due to fuel consumption, and MJ takes this into account.

Edited by Craze
Change language

16 minutes ago, Craze said:

It seems to me that the later ignition is due to a change in thrust during burning due to fuel consumption, and MJ takes this into account.

I think so too, yes, but at least for me the fact remains that MJ tends to overburn slightly. I compared transfer burns done manually and via MJ, and the manual burns, when started at the correct moment (I follow KER here), often are less off in terms of final trajectory, than the MJ burns. I asked Jim DiGriz some time ago, and he told me MJ has a different method to calculate when to start a burn than stock or KER.

Edited by VoidSquid

Hi, I cant seem to get the mechjeb dropdown menu to appear. I've tried installing it manually, aswell as via ckan and it simply isn't working. Here is a copy of my ksp.log file, I hope somebody can show me what I am missing because I really would like to be able to use this mod in my new install...

P.S. I am currently using Mechjeb version 2.9.2.0

Edited by lk00david

3 minutes ago, VoidSquid said:

As per your log, you seem to have two versions of MM installed

ModuleManager.4.1.0.dll
ModuleManager.4.1.3.dll

That's definitely not good at all and may cause problems.

gotcha, just fixed that but sadly still no menu :( 

Hmm... my KSP.log has these lines:

[LOG 18:12:35.687] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at D:\Kerbal Space Program 1.8\GameData\MechJeb2\Plugins\MechJeb2.dll
[LOG 18:12:35.776] AssemblyLoader: KSPAssembly 'MechJeb2' V2.5.0

No such lines in your log, but I see

[WRN 21:01:55.241] AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'CC_RemoteTech' has not met dependency 'RemoteTech' V1.7.0
[WRN 21:01:55.241] AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'CC_RemoteTech' is missing 1 dependencies
[WRN 21:01:55.241] AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'KerKonConConExt' has not met dependency 'KerbalKonstructs' V0.9.0
[WRN 21:01:55.241] AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'KerKonConConExt' is missing 1 dependencies
[WRN 21:01:55.241] AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'TestFlightRF' has not met dependency 'TestFlightAPI' V1.5.0
[WRN 21:01:55.241] AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'TestFlightRF' has not met dependency 'TestFlight' V1.5.0
[WRN 21:01:55.241] AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'TestFlightRF' is missing 2 dependencies
[WRN 21:01:55.241] AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'SCANmechjeb' has not met dependency 'MechJeb2' V2.5.0
[WRN 21:01:55.241] AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'SCANmechjeb' is missing 1 dependencies

I looks like there are several inconsistencies in your GameData folder, in particular there seems to be no MechJeb at all, though I do see it listed under the section "Folders and files in GameData".

In the section "Mod  DLLs found" there is no line for MechJeb at all.

Questions then: does the content of your MJ folder look right? And are you sure than your MJ is compatible with your KSP version?

I'd also try to delete the MM cache files from the GameData folder (i.e. all MM files but the DLL), this way forcing MM to rescan everything the next time you start KSP, instead of relying on the cache.

Edited by VoidSquid

6 hours ago, lk00david said:

Hi, I cant seem to get the mechjeb dropdown menu to appear. I've tried installing it manually, aswell as via ckan and it simply isn't working. Here is a copy of my ksp.log file, I hope somebody can show me what I am missing because I really would like to be able to use this mod in my new install...

P.S. I am currently using Mechjeb version 2.9.2.0

What version of KSP do you have? Version 2.9.2.0 is intended for KSP 1.8.* and 1.9.* . If this is the case, try to delete all mods except MJ, check the game itself, maybe some file is damaged .

11 hours ago, VoidSquid said:

Hmm... my KSP.log has these lines:

[LOG 18:12:35.687] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at D:\Kerbal Space Program 1.8\GameData\MechJeb2\Plugins\MechJeb2.dll
[LOG 18:12:35.776] AssemblyLoader: KSPAssembly 'MechJeb2' V2.5.0

No such lines in your log, but I see

[WRN 21:01:55.241] AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'CC_RemoteTech' has not met dependency 'RemoteTech' V1.7.0
[WRN 21:01:55.241] AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'CC_RemoteTech' is missing 1 dependencies
[WRN 21:01:55.241] AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'KerKonConConExt' has not met dependency 'KerbalKonstructs' V0.9.0
[WRN 21:01:55.241] AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'KerKonConConExt' is missing 1 dependencies
[WRN 21:01:55.241] AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'TestFlightRF' has not met dependency 'TestFlightAPI' V1.5.0
[WRN 21:01:55.241] AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'TestFlightRF' has not met dependency 'TestFlight' V1.5.0
[WRN 21:01:55.241] AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'TestFlightRF' is missing 2 dependencies
[WRN 21:01:55.241] AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'SCANmechjeb' has not met dependency 'MechJeb2' V2.5.0
[WRN 21:01:55.241] AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'SCANmechjeb' is missing 1 dependencies

I looks like there are several inconsistencies in your GameData folder, in particular there seems to be no MechJeb at all, though I do see it listed under the section "Folders and files in GameData".

In the section "Mod  DLLs found" there is no line for MechJeb at all.

Questions then: does the content of your MJ folder look right? And are you sure than your MJ is compatible with your KSP version?

I'd also try to delete the MM cache files from the GameData folder (i.e. all MM files but the DLL), this way forcing MM to rescan everything the next time you start KSP, instead of relying on the cache.

I'm gonna try to delete the cache when I get home, must've missed that the first time

41 minutes ago, lk00david said:

I'm gonna try to delete the cache when I get home, must've missed that the first time

Deleting the cache won't help. The DLL is not here so I am not sure of what you installed and how you installed it.

@lk00david I would look at your KIS/KAS install and it's dependencies.  They can't find the associated KSPDev_Utils dependency for each and are throwing reflection exceptions that I've seen create errors in unrelated mods. It may not be your issue with mechjeb, but I wouldn't trust a KSP install with any reflection exceptions during load to tell you what's really wrong.  I recommend ckan instead of manual installs as it's been bulletproof and simple for me to maintain mods with.

2 hours ago, Tonka Crash said:

@lk00david I would look at your KIS/KAS install and it's dependencies.  They can't find the associated KSPDev_Utils dependency for each and are throwing reflection exceptions that I've seen create errors in unrelated mods. It may not be your issue with mechjeb, but I wouldn't trust a KSP install with any reflection exceptions during load to tell you what's really wrong.  I recommend ckan instead of manual installs as it's been bulletproof and simple for me to maintain mods with.

I installed them both via ckan for version 1.8.X, but a few mods were added by hand

3 hours ago, sarbian said:

Deleting the cache won't help. The DLL is not here so I am not sure of what you installed and how you installed it.

would you like me to upload my mm.dll file and share it? if so that is cool with me :) 

3 minutes ago, lk00david said:

would you like me to upload my mm.dll file and share it? if so that is cool with me :) 

Your log has not mention of MechJeb2.dll at all. So either the file is not there ( Kerbal Space Program\GameData\MechJeb2\Plugins\MechJeb2.dll ) or you have an other zealous anti virus messing things up. 

5 minutes ago, sarbian said:

Your log has not mention of MechJeb2.dll at all. So either the file is not there ( Kerbal Space Program\GameData\MechJeb2\Plugins\MechJeb2.dll ) or you have an other zealous anti virus messing things up. 

I believe that the mechjeb file installed by mechjeb was broken. The one on curseforge worked perfectly, but the one on github didn't... odd.

2 hours ago, lk00david said:

I believe that the mechjeb file installed by mechjeb was broken. The one on curseforge worked perfectly, but the one on github didn't... odd.

There is no dll on github, only the source code. The mod link are the the first post of this thread.