[1.12.x] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - [2.14.3] [4th March 2023]

sarbian

Welcome to the forum @kahs007.

It is really hard for helpful members to diagnose issues without some more information. As a minimum you will need to supply log files but please remember to post them to a storage service like google drive or dropbox and then link them here. This post explains how to find and post logs:

7 hours ago, kahs007 said:

not one version does not work on ksp 1.8.1

I don’t understand English. I’m from Russia, of course, thanks for the help, and where is the magazine

It is much easier for us to understand what you are trying to say if you do not go back and edit your post in response to later posts.    This only adds confusion to the problem.   If you think you are having issues communicating due to a language barrier, feel free to post in your native language, and then provide an english translation.    We have enough multi-lingual members here, somebody will eb able to help translate.  You speak English far better than I speak Russian, so nobody will ever fault you for having a shoddy translation.  :D

On 11/9/2019 at 1:47 PM, Phil deCube said:

Second this request. Each time I upgrade I go through the process of setting the cfg files to allow all modes from start. We're gonna do it. It would be nice if there was a switch to make it easy. I've been playing since 2014, ver 0.something. I can get a spacecraft into orbit manually, I can progress the tech tree as required, I'd like to use automation from the start. 

Thanks for all your tireless work on this mod. It is the best KSP mod out there, and the one I have to install ASAP each upgrade.

Create a directory GameData/MechJebUnlocked

Make sure you also have ModuleManager installed

5 hours ago, Jim DiGriz said:

Create a directory GameData/MechJebUnlocked

Make sure you also have ModuleManager installed

Ok. Thanks for the advice.

Wouldn't it be easier, for everyone, if there were a switch in the mod?

It was a request, by someone else, for an addition to the mod, not a request for how to go about doing it manually.

14 minutes ago, Phil deCube said:

Ok. Thanks for the advice.

Wouldn't it be easier, for everyone, if there were a switch in the mod?

It was a request, by someone else, for an addition to the mod, not a request for how to go about doing it manually.

Much harder to do that and nobody has the interest to write that code.

@sarbian, I am getting unrecoverable game freezes in VAB/SPH with Mechjeb 2.9.1 running on KSP 1.8.1. These freezes do not happen without Mechjeb installed. The game log is flooded with exceptions like this:

[EXC 13:41:06.329] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    MuMech.MechJebModuleMenu.<SetupToolBarButtons>b__30_4 () (at <2e230d4e49354a07858a9faa52799159>:0)
    MuMech.MechJebModuleMenu+<>c__DisplayClass31_0.<CreateFeatureButton>b__0 () (at <2e230d4e49354a07858a9faa52799159>:0)
    MuMech.MechJebModuleMenu.OnMenuUpdate () (at <2e230d4e49354a07858a9faa52799159>:0)
    MuMech.MechJebCore.Update () (at <2e230d4e49354a07858a9faa52799159>:0)
[EXC 13:41:06.337] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    MuMech.MechJebModuleMenu.<SetupToolBarButtons>b__30_4 () (at <2e230d4e49354a07858a9faa52799159>:0)
    MuMech.MechJebModuleMenu+<>c__DisplayClass31_0.<CreateFeatureButton>b__0 () (at <2e230d4e49354a07858a9faa52799159>:0)
    MuMech.MechJebModuleMenu.OnMenuUpdate () (at <2e230d4e49354a07858a9faa52799159>:0)
    MuMech.MechJebCore.Update () (at <2e230d4e49354a07858a9faa52799159>:0)
[EXC 13:41:06.347] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    MuMech.MechJebModuleMenu+<>c__DisplayClass31_0.<CreateFeatureButton>b__0 () (at <2e230d4e

...and a lot more of them. Could you please look into it? I can provide more info if necessary.

8 hours ago, aluc24 said:

@sarbian, I am getting unrecoverable game freezes in VAB/SPH with Mechjeb 2.9.1 running on KSP 1.8.1. These freezes do not happen without Mechjeb installed. The game log is flooded with exceptions like this:

...and a lot more of them. Could you please look into it? I can provide more info if necessary.

I can not duplicate it here so I guess you need some specifics mods. I will need the whole log.

1 hour ago, aluc24 said:

Here is the entire log, taken at the moment of game freeze:
https://easyupload.io/gxey37

I hope it helps at least somewhat. Please let me know if you see what is causing the problem.

Thanks for the log. The problem is a MJ incompatibility with toolbar controller. I ll see what I can do about it.

Edit: err, nope. You are running MJ 2.9.0 and I fixed that bug in 2.9.1. Just update

Edited by sarbian

@sarbian

I spent the evening chasing down bugs.  What I found is that  a significant number of mods seem to still be initializing things in a MonoBehaviour before the Awake() or Start() are called.  I found this by setting up a debug environment, and then the errors showed up.  

I've notified the other authors of the mods which I found had the issue, and fixed the mods of mine that I found so far with the problem.  It worked ok in  previous versions, although it shouldn't.  I suspect that this may be part or all of the cause of the game hangs

1 hour ago, Teilnehmer said:

Is it possible to add MechJeb capabilities to the External Command Seat?

Yes.  I do so in my MM script for MechJeb.  I've not checked it since KSP 1.6.1, but it should still be good.  2nd stanza covers all parts with a KerbalSeat MODULE, which includes the External Command Seat.

Spoiler

// MM.MechJeb2.MC+KS.<date-version>.cfg
//
// Version 20190205a
// for KSP v1.6.1
//
// Powered by ialdabaoth and sarbian's ModuleManager
//      http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/50533--/
// ModuleManager config coding by KSP forum user Jacke
//      http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/profile/103694-jacke/
// Copyright 2019 by Jacke
// Licence GNU General Public Licence version 3
//      https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.en.html
//
// Include this file with Kerbal Space Program
//
// for MechJeb >= 2.1.1
//
// add MechJeb functions to all parts with MODULE ModuleCommand and/or KerbalSeat
// enable these functions from Start of careers
//
// 2019 Feb 05 Tue  confirmed good for KSP 1.6.1 and recent MM and MechJeb2
// 2017 Aug 21 Mon  split code for ModuleCommand and KerbalSeat as '|' in HAS not working
// 2017 Aug 19 Sat  75 Anniversary of the Dieppe Raid - Lest We Forget
//                  confirmed good for MechJeb2 version 2.6.1.0-735
// 2016 Dec 24 Sat  changed to recreate existing MODULE MechJebCore to change the unlockTechs
// 2016 Dec 13 Tue  changed to one @PART block using '|' in :HAS code
// 2016 Dec 12 Mon  added :NEEDS[MechJeb2], added code block for KerbalSeat
//                  similar to Mahal's StockPlugins,
//                  renamed this file from MMJ-Graphotron-ModuleCommand
//                  to MMJ-MechJeb-MC+KS
// 2016 Apr 20 Wed  updated links for KSP new forum
// 2015 May 12 Tue  updated coding
// 2015 May 07 Thu  updated for KSP 1.0.2 and recent changes
// 2014 Aug 30 Sat  changed order of HAS tests
// 2014 Feb 20 Thu  MM coding by Jacke
//
// where    GameData/zzzFinal/
// what     parts with MODULE ModuleCommand and/or KerbalSeat
// files    part config files with MODULE ModuleCommand or KerbalSeat
// nodes    PART's with MODULE ModuleCommand or KerbalSeat
//
//
// Standard Command Modules and Kerbal carrying parts
//
@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand]]:NEEDS[MechJeb2]:FINAL
{
	-MODULE[MechJebCore] {}		// delete any existing MODULE MechJebCore to change unlochTechs
	MODULE
	{
		name = MechJebCore
		MechJebLocalSettings {
			MechJebModuleCustomWindowEditor { unlockTechs = start }		// flightControl
			MechJebModuleSmartASS { unlockTechs = start }			// flightControl
			MechJebModuleManeuverPlanner { unlockTechs = start }		// advFlightControl
			MechJebModuleNodeEditor { unlockTechs = start }			// advFlightControl
			MechJebModuleTranslatron { unlockTechs = start }		// advFlightControl
			MechJebModuleWarpHelper { unlockTechs = start }			// advFlightControl
			MechJebModuleAttitudeAdjustment { unlockTechs = start }		// advFlightControl
			MechJebModuleThrustWindow { unlockTechs = start }		// advFlightControl
			MechJebModuleRCSBalancerWindow { unlockTechs = start }		// advFlightControl
			MechJebModuleRoverWindow { unlockTechs = start }		// fieldScience
			MechJebModuleAscentGuidance { unlockTechs = start }		// unmannedTech
			MechJebModuleLandingGuidance { unlockTechs = start }		// unmannedTech
			MechJebModuleSpaceplaneGuidance { unlockTechs = start }		// unmannedTech
			MechJebModuleDockingGuidance { unlockTechs = start }		// advUnmannedTech
			MechJebModuleRendezvousAutopilotWindow { unlockTechs = start }	// advUnmannedTech
			MechJebModuleRendezvousGuidance { unlockTechs = start }		// advUnmannedTech
		}
	}
}
//
@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[KerbalSeat]]:NEEDS[MechJeb2]:FINAL
{
	-MODULE[MechJebCore] {}		// delete any existing MODULE MechJebCore to change unlochTechs
	MODULE
	{
		name = MechJebCore
		MechJebLocalSettings {
			MechJebModuleCustomWindowEditor { unlockTechs = start }		// flightControl
			MechJebModuleSmartASS { unlockTechs = start }			// flightControl
			MechJebModuleManeuverPlanner { unlockTechs = start }		// advFlightControl
			MechJebModuleNodeEditor { unlockTechs = start }			// advFlightControl
			MechJebModuleTranslatron { unlockTechs = start }		// advFlightControl
			MechJebModuleWarpHelper { unlockTechs = start }			// advFlightControl
			MechJebModuleAttitudeAdjustment { unlockTechs = start }		// advFlightControl
			MechJebModuleThrustWindow { unlockTechs = start }		// advFlightControl
			MechJebModuleRCSBalancerWindow { unlockTechs = start }		// advFlightControl
			MechJebModuleRoverWindow { unlockTechs = start }		// fieldScience
			MechJebModuleAscentGuidance { unlockTechs = start }		// unmannedTech
			MechJebModuleLandingGuidance { unlockTechs = start }		// unmannedTech
			MechJebModuleSpaceplaneGuidance { unlockTechs = start }		// unmannedTech
			MechJebModuleDockingGuidance { unlockTechs = start }		// advUnmannedTech
			MechJebModuleRendezvousAutopilotWindow { unlockTechs = start }	// advUnmannedTech
			MechJebModuleRendezvousGuidance { unlockTechs = start }		// advUnmannedTech
		}
	}
}
//
// END OF MM.MechJeb2.MC+KS.<date-version>.cfg

Hey all, having an issue with MJ I've never seen before. All of my windows are showing the coding names for buttons, checkboxes, etc. Not all, but most. For instance, in the ascent window, the title is #MechJeb_Utilities_title, and there are several #MechJeb_Ascent_checkboxXX labels, where XX is a number. Anyone seen this before?

10 hours ago, CdnKharn said:

Hey all, having an issue with MJ I've never seen before. All of my windows are showing the coding names for buttons, checkboxes, etc. Not all, but most. For instance, in the ascent window, the title is #MechJeb_Utilities_title, and there are several #MechJeb_Ascent_checkboxXX labels, where XX is a number. Anyone seen this before?

Try deleting it and reinstalling.  Are you using CKAN?

6 hours ago, Craze said:

Hi! Thanks for your wonderful mod.
Is it possible to add a small cherry on this cake? In the Ascent Guidance module, after completion of its work, it is optional to remove the last stage.

Do the auto-staging features in the ascent module not work for you?  They are customizable.

I love this Mod and Literaly Can't live without it, i was away in a place with no Internet to Install and i crashed half my Rockets. This is Easily my Favorite Mod, I know people think it Cheating, but how many real life Rockets were Guided Manually? I do have 1 Problem: Can you Autostage without Deploying Fairings? This is a small Problem when i do an Apollo Recreation and it stages the Fairing (Apollo staged the Fairings when it was on TLI). Is there any way to stop this, or is it not added yet?

Also i learned how to dock via MJ, so i'd reccomend it if you can't and wanna learn .