Jump to content

[1.10.x] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - [2.11.0] [20th August 2020]


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, drtedastro said:

I just wanted to stop by and say THANKS to sarbian for all of the great work and dev updates.

I, WE, really appreciate all of the great work that has gone into this and all yet to come.

Cheers.

Well Said. Three Cheers for sabian and all the mod devs. Your work is not unappreciated.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sarbian said:

As I said before I need the type of KSPIE engine you used so I can add an other set of stupid workaround for KSPIE.

sorry;  I'm seeing the problem actually with *every* engine in KSPIE, but the ones I'm using regularly and am currently hitting it with are the thermal turbojet, thermal ramjet nozzle, ATTILA thruster, the closed-cycle gas core engine, and the TORY nuclear ramjet.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ss8913 said:

be careful with the physics range extender.  I uninstalled it after it caused a lot of spontaneous unwarranted explosions of craft.  It's probably an edge case incompatibility with some mod or another, but if you run a lot of mods, it may bite you in a big way.  Or maybe it's fixed now?

I did a release of PRE fixing several issues. But still, if you are not completely aware of the limitations (that are clearly stated on the OP) you can see landed vessels colliding against the kraken due to terrain unload.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ss8913 said:

sorry;  I'm seeing the problem actually with *every* engine in KSPIE, but the ones I'm using regularly and am currently hitting it with are the thermal turbojet, thermal ramjet nozzle, ATTILA thruster, the closed-cycle gas core engine, and the TORY nuclear ramjet.

Ok, could you also post a log of your KSP starting ? So I can clearly see the mods you use ? That would make the debugging easier.

Ignore that. Build #762 should fix your troubles.

Edited by sarbian
Link to post
Share on other sites

I also wanted to echo my support and thanks for all the hard work that's been put in. I'm not sure if I would have stuck with KSP this long if it wasn't for MJ. I do have a couple questions too...

Has anyone else noticed MJ having challenges in trying to land a vessel with a Vista (KSP-I) drive? MJ spits and sputters, with a sad flight into terrain (FWIW, TCA has similar issues with KSP-I engines). (Edit: Haven't tried #762 yet to see if this is resolved)

Also, looking forward to refined docking approach/maneuvers. 

Thanks!

Edited by ksp_circles
Didn't notice #762.
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm using the latest dev build (762, also occured in every build I've used on 1.3.1), and when I use radial engines, MechJeb overcorrects when moving to and holding an attitude, causing it to swing back and force wildly. It's worse the higher the thrust is set. I have tested this with a totally stock craft using the stock thud engines.

Looking in attitude adjustment, I can see the center of thrust go straight through the center of mass.

Edited by dlrk
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Thorn_Ike said:

Does it work with SSTOs?

what do you want it to do? MJ dos lots of things

6 hours ago, dlrk said:

overcorrects when moving to and holding an attitude

alas not fixed yet
PID need re-tuning? you can see this in docking too and any steering attempt

9 hours ago, ksp_circles said:

MJ spits and sputters, with a sad flight into terrain

that's probably do to MJ and TCA expecting linear instant thrust wily KSPI engines have non-linear spooling thrust
the new version of TCA(for 1.3.1) has duel/cascading PID that should help whit this problem but i haven't tested it yet

21 hours ago, sarbian said:

add an other set of stupid workaround for KSPIE

thanks for all the effort trying to supporter this mod, even tho it has an alpha relies qalety
it has lots of nice toys :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, danielboro said:

what do you want it to do? MJ dos lots of things

alas not fixed yet
PID need re-tuning? you can see this in docking too and any steering attempt

that's probably do to MJ and TCA expecting linear instant thrust wily KSPI engines have non-linear spooling thrust
the new version of TCA(for 1.3.1) has duel/cascading PID that should help whit this problem but i haven't tested it yet

thanks for all the effort trying to supporter this mod, even tho it has an alpha relies qalety
it has lots of nice toys :)

meaning like ascent, circularization, etc.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, danielboro said:

circularization: yes

ascent: it has an option for that, but i only used the rocket version of it
landing: it has that too but i didn't use this ether

 

does landing work with airbreathing aircraft

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Thorn_Ike said:

does landing work with airbreathing aircraft

Several aircraft related autopilot features were added in a dev build a while back. These include most of the core features including fully autonomous landing at KSC or Island runway. I've not used them much myself being principally a rocket person but I did do some rudimentary testing with a couple of basic jets and a simple space plane.

Here's a screenshot I took by accident with the GUI still enabled that shows the aircraft autopilot and autoland panels on the left (sorry for the overlap with SmartASS but as I said I didn't really mean to take this).

Spoiler

1NLUrso.jpg

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, sarbian said:

Ok, could you also post a log of your KSP starting ? So I can clearly see the mods you use ? That would make the debugging easier.

Ignore that. Build #762 should fix your troubles.

Yes!  Yes, it did, excellent.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/29/2017 at 1:03 AM, sarbian said:

As I said before I need the type of KSPIE engine you used so I can add an other set of stupid workaround for KSPIE.

This makes me laugh. KSPI-E is such a hot mess. It's a wonderful hot mess, but it's a mess and I've always had troubles with its engines and MJ. I tend to ignore the engines and use other packs with the KSPI-E reactors.

On 11/29/2017 at 9:58 AM, sarbian said:

Ok, could you also post a log of your KSP starting ? So I can clearly see the mods you use ? That would make the debugging easier.

Ignore that. Build #762 should fix your troubles.

I'm going to add to the voices saying thanks for doing all this work to keep MechJeb up and running with new versions and even certain weird mods. I pretty much stop playing when MechJeb doesn't work for me, and it's one of the first mods I make sure is working with a new version. :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sigma88 said:

I guess this would be more in topic over here:

 

 

( @Djohaal )

I guess I'll have to see if I can add a 2+ columns mode. 

9 hours ago, ksp_circles said:

So just to ask, so I don't just say thanks and then ask for fixes :)... Where can I donate or send $ to you as a token thank you?

I have donation buttons in my other mods OP. Dev has been slow on my side with MJ so I am note sure I deserve much :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi All

Please excuse me if this has already been answered or looked at. I've had a search but couldn't find much and what I did find I tried to no success.

I have a clean install of KSP 1.3.1 (64bit) and the latest stable version of Mechjeb 2.6.1 installed.

In my install, when using the ascent module the inclination is out by 90°. When set at 0° it runs the rocket out to the East and if I put 90° it will run the rocket out to the North. (picture here > https://www.dropbox.com/s/m54mt12aovcm50h/mechjeb.png?dl=0 )

Interestingly this also happened with the Gravity Turn mod & i've tried downgrading to KSP 1.3.0 and it still happens, am I missing something really obvious? KSP is installed through Steam.

Had a load of Mods installed but deleted all, reinstalled KSP and tried again with a clean install.

I'm sure this isn't correct?? Does anyone have any troubleshooting ideas?

I've uploaded my output_log.txt file to Dropbox.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3mp8kxk52evrunt/output_log.txt?dl=0

Thanks so much in advance for any help anyone could give!

Regards

Matt

 

Edited by MorvarghMatt
update
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, MorvarghMatt said:

In my install, when using the ascent module the inclination is out by 90°. When set at 0° it runs the rocket out to the East and if I put 90° it will run the rocket out to the North. (picture here > https://www.dropbox.com/s/m54mt12aovcm50h/mechjeb.png?dl=0 )

It's a confusing convention!

The assumption is that most rockets will launch due east so as to make the most of the extra velocity gained from Kerbin's rotation. This reflects Real World practice, where most rockets ascend due east or at most a few degrees north or south of due east. There are plenty of rockets launched almost due north or south, especially LEO comsats, but nobody launches more than 90° north or south of due east.

Therefore, in mods such as MechJeb and Gravity Turn, the ascent inclination is how far away from due east you are launching - ie 10° north of due east or 10° south (-10°) of due east. Of course, this conflicts with North being labelled "0" on the navball and leads to confusion.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, softweir said:

It's a confusing convention!

The assumption is that most rockets will launch due east so as to make the most of the extra velocity gained from Kerbin's rotation. This reflects Real World practice, where most rockets ascend due east or at most a few degrees north or south of due east. There are plenty of rockets launched almost due north or south, especially LEO comsats, but nobody launches more than 90° north or south of due east.

Therefore, in mods such as MechJeb and Gravity Turn, the ascent inclination is how far away from due east you are launching - ie 10° north of due east or 10° south (-10°) of due east. Of course, this conflicts with North being labelled "0" on the navball and leads to confusion.

Hey Softweir!

Thanks so much, totally makes sense now! :-) I had it in my head that I used to put 90° to launch to the east but obviously not. The penalty for coming back to KSP after a while of not playing!

Regards

Matt

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...