[1.12.x] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - [2.14.3] [4th March 2023]

sarbian

Thank you for explaning. LAN is the right position on orbit, isn't it, e.g. on shadow side four outer planets and on the other one for inner celestial bodies? I now tried the advanced transfer to a planet. This works much better, no more huge corrections between planets.

@sarbian @Jim DiGriz It looks like changes were made at #958 that broke the automatic node execution for the Rendezvous Autopilot.  The maneuver nodes are created, they just don't fire.  I first noticed this today in #961 and checked the release notes.  Tested #958 which had changes to  MechJebModuleNodeExecutor.cs that sounded like a likely culprit and it failed as well.  Running #957 and it's working again. There is no indication in the log anything is wrong. 

10 hours ago, traisjames said:

What does AoD stand for in the flight recorder?

"// Displacement Angle, angle between surface velocity and the ship-nose vector (KSP "up" vector) -- ignores roll of the craft (0 to 180 degrees)"

11 hours ago, Nicias said:

Is there a way of adjusting the timing of a node by more than one orbit at a time? I would like to be able to move a node say, 10 orbits sooner in the Maneuver Node Editor.

Yep. Take your orbital period in seconds multiply by the number of orbits you want to add or subtract. Put the result in the Maneuver Editor's time offset box and hit the plus or minus buttons, depending on which way you want to go.

To make sure that's clear, the formula is:

Time to Offset = Orbital period in seconds * Number of Orbits

Well, 10 was just a

1 hour ago, sarbian said:

Is pressing the +o/-o button 10 times that hard ?

Well, actually it was more. I wanted to move a maneuver from 500 days from now to the current (~3 hour) orbit. 10 was just a place holder.

On 6/2/2020 at 6:25 PM, New Horizons said:

Where is MJ saving its properties? Very often I lose positions of windows and e.g. I always have to reset the turn shape in accent guidance. 

In <KSP>\GameData\MechJeb2\Plugins\PluginData\MechJeb2

It used to save often but this created perf problems and I changed some code to save less and it may have created some other problems...

"Execute all nodes" appears to have stopped doing so; only does the next node. This used to work for me, but changed recently. I doubt that posting a log file would be worth the bother, as it isn't crashing or anything that I'd expect to show up in the log. It also isn't a real big deal. I just thought there might be a chance that you might pretty quickly have an idea what change might have had an effect like that.

I most commonly use this when I'm doing something like maneuvering to a specific orbit for a mission requirement. I click on the point where I want a maneuver and create a maneuver there. I then tell McJeb to create a new maneuver at a fixed time of 0 after the previous one. That's my "real" maneuver; the first one has no delta-v and serves just to easily set the time when I want the next one. Then doing "execute all nodes" used to work fine. Now it just warps to the first node an just sits there doing nothing else. Easy enough for me to deal with. I just need to pay attention instead of getting distracted by doing something else (like peruse the forum :-)) on my other computer while waiting for McJeb to do its thing. Hmm. Another possible workaround just occurred to me. Maybe I could just delete the first maneuver after creating the second one. I'll have to try that next time it comes up.

2 hours ago, Tonka Crash said:

@rmaine Try reverting to #957 and see if that works.  I reported a similar problem with the Rendezvous Autopilot failing to automatically execute maneuver nodes.  It looks like there were code changes around the automatic node execution in #958 that broke this function.

Thanks for the suggestion. Yes #957 seems to work fine based on a quick check. Think I'll stick with that for a while, as it doesn't look like the revs since then much matter to me. (I had to google to find what KSP principia even was). Also, I hadn't previously realized that CKAN supports reverting to older versions like that. Made it easier for me to decide to test it. After all, as I noted, the workaround isn't hard and I was thinking it would be a fuss to revert by uninstalling McJeb from CKAN and replacing it with a manual install. I was about to do it anyway just to provide the extra data point, but then I discovered CKAN would do it for me.

P.S. Hope this doesn't double-post. On my first attempt, I didn't realize I wasn't logged in, so trying again.

Greetings to all.  

I've had a niggly question for some time and figured I would finally ask the community if they knew of an answer.

Is there a way to save ascent / descent guidance settings on a per craft basis?

Short of writing them down and keeping a catalog (so 1970's).

I make a build, get the ascent settings just so.  All good.  Then make another build,  get the ascent settings set.  Still fine.

Now when I go back to the first craft I cannot remember the settings and have to refiddle.   And the refiddle never seems to be as it was.

Thanks in advance.

My game is failing to load when trying to use Mechjeb. 

It gets through the entire process but is hung up on "Loading Expansions." When I take Mechjeb out of my mod list, it loads fine. I checked my KSP.log and found this:

[ERR 11:33:02.733] MechJeb module MechJebModuleMenu threw an exception in OnLoad: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException' was thrown.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes(System.Reflection.Assembly,bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0 
  at AssemblyLoader+LoadedAssembly.TypeOperation (System.Action`1[T] action) [0x00006] in <55ba45dc3a43403382024deac8dcd0be>:0 
  at AssemblyLoader+LoadedAssembyList.TypeOperation (System.Action`1[T] action) [0x0001c] in <55ba45dc3a43403382024deac8dcd0be>:0 
  at MuMech.ToolbarTypes.getType (System.String name) [0x00014] in <69cd4154929043e4be186d3c0636ed5e>:0 
  at MuMech.ToolbarManager.get_Instance () [0x00023] in <69cd4154929043e4be186d3c0636ed5e>:0 
  at MuMech.ToolbarManager.get_ToolbarAvailable () [0x0000c] in <69cd4154929043e4be186d3c0636ed5e>:0 
  at MuMech.MechJebModuleMenu.ClearButtons () [0x00034] in <69cd4154929043e4be186d3c0636ed5e>:0 
  at MuMech.MechJebModuleMenu.OnLoad (ConfigNode local, ConfigNode type, ConfigNode global) [0x00000] in <69cd4154929043e4be186d3c0636ed5e>:0 
  at MuMech.MechJebCore.OnLoad (ConfigNode sfsNode) [0x002fc] in <69cd4154929043e4be186d3c0636ed5e>:0 

I cant make sense of this message, and it may not even be what is causing the overall error. However, if anyone can shed some light on what I could do to get my game to load, I would greatly appreciate it. 

Edit: I should probably mention that I used 2.9.2 as well as the current dev build

Edited by Septim
adding game version

1 hour ago, Septim said:

My game is failing to load when trying to use Mechjeb. 

It gets through the entire process but is hung up on "Loading Expansions." When I take Mechjeb out of my mod list, it loads fine. I checked my KSP.log and found this:

I cant make sense of this message, and it may not even be what is causing the overall error. However, if anyone can shed some light on what I could do to get my game to load, I would greatly appreciate it. 

Edit: I should probably mention that I used 2.9.2 as well as the current dev build

You need to share your KSP.log using a file hosting site like Dropbox if you expect help.  Reflection errors are not necessarily caused by the mod throwing errors. Many of us use MechJeb without problems, so it's probably something else. If you want to troubleshoot this yourself start at the beginning of the log figure out what else is throwing errors.  If you don't already have it, install ZeroMiniAVC to fix problems with MiniAVC

I'm curious, why do the delta-V stats in the construction interface (at least in the VAB) differ so much from the delta-v stats shown when the same vessel is on the launch pad? Don't have screen shots, but here is an example.

VAB
stage   SLT    Atmo dV   Vac dV   time
  0         2.96      3642         3648      1m 13.0s
  1        1.06      2468          2473       2m 42.1s
  2        1.03      1035          1038   1m 27.1s
  3        1.68       2201         2206   1m 25.9s

PAD                                                                       SLT change  dV change
  0        2.73     3359      3648   1m 13.0s        (0.23)             (283)
  1        0.98     2277      2473   2m 42.1s        (0.08)             (191)
  2        0.90       904      1038   1m 27.1s         (0.13)             (131)
  3        1.51     1975      2206   1m 25.9s        (0.17)              (226)

So in aggregate, on the pad, my vessel shows 831 m/s less delta-V than in the VAB.