[1.12.x] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - [2.14.3] [4th March 2023]

sarbian

1 minute ago, AnFa said:

You mean this window? Because I can't find that "max stop time" field

Ah, you have the MJ controller active. Use the Maximum Relative Angular velocity slider.
Or switch to the Hybrid Controller + change the value and see if it works better.

6 minutes ago, sarbian said:

Ah, you have the MJ controller active. Use the Maximum Relative Angular velocity slider.
Or switch to the Hybrid Controller + change the value and see if it works better.

Oh yeah! The Hybrid Controller + changing the value finally let it use the wheels. Thanks a lot man!

On 7/29/2020 at 5:40 AM, mintme said:

Issue with rover autopilot the traction percentage drops to 17% (I have 6 wheels) and won’t change at all it’s on a rover that use to work perfectly on Duna.

running tests with no mirrored or duplicated wheels.

example video of rover that worked 3 months ago. now not working in video

https://youtu.be/qziEbXWKxXk

This is a problem I have noticed for years and no one has suggest a fix, sometimes mechjeb thinks fewer wheels are touching the ground then actually are. 

Edited by RuBisCO

I'm having some weird behavior and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. When using the Landing Guidance autopilot, with some craft and not others, the RCS goes crazy and wastes all of my propellant doing constant adjustments back and forth without pause. The thing is, it does this even if I disable "use RCS for small adjustment". If I try to turn RCS off entirely, it just stays enabled, or re-enables immediately. I know it's the mechjeb landing autopilot that's doing this because if I deactivate it, everything immediately reverts to normal.

I can provide logs, obviously, but I've gotta assume that instead of being a bug, this is me doing something wrong. Do you have any idea what it might be?

I have a different problem with Landing Guidance. It simply refuses to work. I'll see warping to braking maneuver but it doesn't warp, I'll start from a stable orbit and select land at target and nothing happens, I try to "help" it along and sometimes that gets things moving but I'm the end it doesn't brake and I crash. 

I saw a post about a month old saying it was being worked on but before I go the trial and error route, is there a version of MJ that has a work landing guidance in KSP 10.1? It's really the only thing I want it for, targeted landings. 

I'm assembling a mun base. 

8 hours ago, tg626 said:

I have a different problem with Landing Guidance. It simply refuses to work. I'll see warping to braking maneuver but it doesn't warp, I'll start from a stable orbit and select land at target and nothing happens, I try to "help" it along and sometimes that gets things moving but I'm the end it doesn't brake and I crash. 

I saw a post about a month old saying it was being worked on but before I go the trial and error route, is there a version of MJ that has a work landing guidance in KSP 10.1? It's really the only thing I want it for, targeted landings. 

Just tested with MechJeb 2 - DEV RELEASE 2.10.0.0-1008 , no problems. 

Edit: 

Second test  with a more Modded install, MechJeb 2 - DEV RELEASE 2.10.0.0-1008, again no problems.

Btw. do you have a pilot in your ship?  

If not, do you have a radioconnection to Kerbin? 

Edited by Kampfsanni

The landing AP need more work to fix some of the breaking bugs but I do not code much ATM (work, tired, 2020) so don't expect a quick fix unless someone else is mad enough to dive into that code.

Version: Dev #1008
Bug:  In the Maneuver Planner, "Tolerance" can (accidentally or intentionally) be set to be blank.

This leads to all kinds of problems as it means that burns never terminate and must be terminated manually.  (Among other things, this screws up the Rendezvous Autopilot.)

Suggest:  If "Tolerance" is set to blank, the default 0.1m/s should be restored.

I *think* this is present in the current release build as well, ISTR upgrading to a Dev build to cure the "problem".

13 hours ago, tg626 said:

I've had the same issue sometimes with warp for some reason.  I don't know if it's related to this mod or I'd have mentioned it sooner and done a full test with only mechjeb but it's so rare and spontaneous.  Usually it's during short orbit, but during that I can't fire my engines.  Nothing happens if I try.  I can use RCS and spin, but I can't fire them for anything besides spinning.  Shift, and control do nothing, z and x make the thrust bar move, that's it.  Then randomly, after a few seconds, minutes, or loading to a new ship then back it will fix itself.  Early last week I had it happen during reentry to kerbin.  I ALMOST overshot kerbin because it happened during a burn and shut the engines down entirely.  No reason, I was at 99k.  I had a full fuel tank, full signal, AND a pilot.  It hasn't happened since except with a probe, when trying to move it's orbit.  Again, it's so random that I can't pin point it, and I have it set to pop code up on the screen when things go wrong.  Nothing.  Didn't find  anything in my logs either, so honestly I figured it was a stock issue.  I also had the landing issue however.  But it seems that if I remove the new Kopernicus that's in development that landing bug went away as it landed fine on the moon.  Heh.  I have no idea, and if it is this random I'm just going to wait it out.  But if it does get fixed I will be very very happy. :P

Earlier today, I quit the game and restarted it a little while later and it wouldn't boot up. After troubleshooting, I found that for some reason, the game gets stuck verifying expansions if I have mechjeb installed. I am using the latest version (the dev version from 8 days ago) and it had never happened before now, so I'm not sure why it would start. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and tried booting it up without any other mods, and only when MJ is installed does it get stuck there. Any suggestions/comments on the issue?

11 hours ago, Perceptor87 said:

Any suggestions/comments on the issue?

Many but I'll keep it short. Install ModuleManager and you should get a message on the loading screen that tell you which other mods is not updated for your version of KSP. If you do not get the message then share your KSP log.

11 hours ago, sarbian said:

Many but I'll keep it short. Install ModuleManager and you should get a message on the loading screen that tell you which other mods is not updated for your version of KSP. If you do not get the message then share your KSP log.

I've always had module manager and have ensured that I'm using the VERY latest versions of Mechjeb and all other mods. Here's my log from the matter.
[EXC 19:58:56.344] ReflectionTypeLoadException: Exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException' was thrown.
    System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () (at <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0)
    AssemblyLoader.GetTypesOfClassesImplementingInterface[T] () (at <c1858a3f77504bd1aaa946fdccf84670>:0)
    Expansions.Missions.MissionsUtils.InitialiseAdjusterTypes () (at <c1858a3f77504bd1aaa946fdccf84670>:0)
    Expansions.ExpansionsLoader+<LoadExpansions>d__21.MoveNext () (at <c1858a3f77504bd1aaa946fdccf84670>:0)
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) (at <5aeafee3fea24f37abd1315553f2cfa6>:0)
This is the end of the log, and the part that seems out of place. If theres any other segments that may shed light on the situation, I'll be happy to supply... and if it happens that the issue is not related to mechjeb, I do apologize.
Thank you for your time.

Indeed, with KSP 1.10.1/Linux, MechJeb 2.10.0 and EngineLightRelit 1.6.3, I see this in the log and KSP doesn't load:

Spoiler

[ERR] MechJeb caught a ReflectionTypeLoadException. Those DLL are not built for this KSP version:
[ERR] EngineLightRelit 1.6.3.0 GameData/EngineLightRelit/Plugins/EngineLightRelit.dll

But I've seen @linuxgurugamerplay with both MechJeb and EngineLight. I'm going to check out an older version.

Edit: the same error occurs with MJ 2.9.2, it does not with EngineLight 1.6.2.3. So I guess it's something in the last update to that mod that fails to reflect properly.

Edited by HansAcker

2 hours ago, HansAcker said:

Indeed, with KSP 1.10.1/Linux, MechJeb 2.10.0 and EngineLightRelit 1.6.3, I see this in the log and KSP doesn't load:

Reveal hidden contents

[ERR] MechJeb caught a ReflectionTypeLoadException. Those DLL are not built for this KSP version:
[ERR] EngineLightRelit 1.6.3.0 GameData/EngineLightRelit/Plugins/EngineLightRelit.dll

But I've seen @linuxgurugamerplay with both MechJeb and EngineLight. I'm going to check out an older version.

Edit: the same error occurs with MJ 2.9.2, it does not with EngineLight 1.6.2.3. So I guess it's something in the last update to that mod that fails to reflect properly.

I just tried it without enginelight and it worked. Modulemanager wasn't picking up on any incompatibility and since it worked without mechjeb in the system, I assumed it was purely mechjeb. Seems that those two just have spotty compatibility with the loader? Unsure, but in any case, much appreciated!

4 hours ago, HansAcker said:

From the Engine Lighting Relit post :

I do not see those dependencies in your install which may explain the ReflectionTypeLoadException exception.

Edit: Also :

[WRN 19:57:12.460] AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'SmartStage' is missing 2 dependencies
[ERR 19:57:12.563] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: AtmosphereAutopilot.UI, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[ERR 19:57:12.563] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: AtmosphereAutopilot.UI, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[ERR 19:57:12.586] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: BetterTracking.Unity, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[ERR 19:57:12.586] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: BetterTracking.Unity, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

Edited by sarbian

32 minutes ago, sarbian said:

From the Engine Lighting Relit post :

I do not see those dependencies in your install which may explain the ReflectionTypeLoadException exception.

Edit: Also :

[WRN 19:57:12.460] AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'SmartStage' is missing 2 dependencies

Ahh, I had removed those since they were a requirement for a different mod, hadn't realized they were for that as well. I'm afraid I have been less than familiar with the structure and information of the log, but that is certainly helpful.
AA and BT work as normal, though I need to look into SmartStage. I find it a bit odd that the incomplete Engine Lighting works without the dependencies but causes problems with certain mods, but that's more likely ignorance on my part :P In any case, thank you all very much for the assistance and have a lovely day!