[1.12.x] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - [2.14.3] [4th March 2023]

sarbian

Anyone ever seen anything like this?  

I've been playing for days without changing mods or anything, and now any time I launch something the RCS just goes bananas and cant steer.  The physics dont even look right with the way its spinning around vs where the RCS is firing at. 

EDIT: Figured it out, had FAR flight assist toggled on still from when I was making a plane earlier.   :)

Edited by eberkain

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

Any problems with dV calculation? I now Squad made changes to how stoc calculates dV (made the variable a double vs float)

Knowing C#, it may just cast it and function fine.  I will test later today.

1 minute ago, R-T-B said:

Knowing C#, it may just cast it and function fine.  I will test later today.

Casting is done  when you compile, not at run time. But if MJ displays DV then all should be fine.

I will post a new version soon-ish.

57 minutes ago, sarbian said:

Casting is done  when you compile, not at run time. But if MJ displays DV then all should be fine.

Ah yes, that's right.

I need to wake up, lol.

10 hours ago, eberkain said:

Yeah it gives a warning about an unsupported version, but so far seems to be working fine.

Same here. KSP whines at me on boot, but MJ seems to work fine.

"Incompatible mods detected! Oh no, Mr Bill!"

Edited by El Sancho

Hello everyone.

First just a simple question, to see if this is actually a bug, a feature or just I want something to work certain way.

I like to have SAS "Stability Assist" ON pretty much all the time. When doing orbital maneuvers, MechJeb switches SAS OFF and performs a maneuver. But it leaves SAS OFF, instead of switching it back ON.

Is this behaviour normal? Is it possible to make MechJeb turn SAS back ON, after performing the maneuver?

Game version: 1.10.0.2917 MechJeb version: 2.11.0.0

Thanks in advance for replies

4 hours ago, ronillon said:

Hello everyone.

First just a simple question, to see if this is actually a bug, a feature or just I want something to work certain way.

I like to have SAS "Stability Assist" ON pretty much all the time. When doing orbital maneuvers, MechJeb switches SAS OFF and performs a maneuver. But it leaves SAS OFF, instead of switching it back ON.

Is this behaviour normal? Is it possible to make MechJeb turn SAS back ON, after performing the maneuver?

Game version: 1.10.0.2917 MechJeb version: 2.11.0.0

Thanks in advance for replies

I'm not sure if that's a bug, but how I personally counteract this possible bug is to turn on the stock SAS as soon as MJ completes a maneuver.

4 hours ago, antipro said:

Sea Level TWR?

Yes, this is correct.

You see there where it says "Kerbin"? That means that Kerbin's atmosphere and gravity are being used for weight and sea level thrust. If you change it to some thing else (Mun, for example), you should see that TWR is much higher and also that SLT = TWR (because there is no atmosphere).

Edited by mikegarrison

On 12/18/2020 at 2:26 PM, sarbian said:

FYI, it doesn't look like MJ is accounting for crew mass in dv calculation.  Easy to test: create pod, tank, engine and watch difference between MJ and Stock dv calculator for same altitude.  Then start playing with number of crew - they agree when crew = 0.

I'm seeing a bug with Mechjeb 2.11  in KSP 1.11 where adding certain parts in the VAB causes them to disappear from the craft, but the part they are attached to acts like it still has a part attached to it.

Steps to replicate:

1. Start a new craft in the VAB.

2. Add a Mk1 Command Pod

3. Add a 1.25m heat shield.

4. Add an FL-T200 fuel tank.

At that point the tank will disappear but the heat shield will act like it's still attached.

Not sure if this is a known issue or not, but I couldn't find it on the Github issues list. I tested this on a stock 1.11 install with just Mechjeb2 2.11.0 manually installed, in Science game mode.

I have a video of this in action here: 

Spoiler

Edited by zaxus

On 12/18/2020 at 10:59 PM, Gamerdadplays said:

After this mornings update (1.11.0.3045) Mechjeb no longer working. sigh.... this mod is invaluable ! Hopefully will be able to use it again soon. 

I had the same problem with 1.11.0.3045, all the preset functions are gone. But I did a setting restore and problem solved.

Guys, when starting a KSP I am receiving a message, that MechJeb is not compatible with current version (KSP 1.11, MJ2 2.11.0)

In game I have drwaback - Stability Assist (SAS) does not working on ANY of probe cores.

Can anyone advise me, how can I solve this drawback?

39 minutes ago, Nik Power said:

Guys, when starting a KSP I am receiving a message, that MechJeb is not compatible with current version (KSP 1.11, MJ2 2.11.0)

In game I have drwaback - Stability Assist (SAS) does not working on ANY of probe cores.

Can anyone advise me, how can I solve this drawback?

guys! i have the same error message that fills this page from everyone else saying they have this same error message and everyone else telling them that it is ok, and that everythign works fine...

oh my...

what should i do? oh i l know.. i will post the same question.. AGAIN

MechJeb seems to be miscalculating dV needs for landing in the landing assistance module. Tried Mun landing with 2 different size engines on same ship, and each time (5 tests) it started engines too late during suicide burn. The lineup to landing was working as before, but suicide burn seems to be off in 1.11

original_KSP.JPGI'm seeing an issue where the system shows no fuel for the NERV engines and won't fire them when executing next node.  If I remove the maneuver node I can fire the engine manually without issue.  Anyone seeing this bug since the latest game update?

Oh, if you process the next stage and decouple that portion, then the NERV fires after it's been detached if it has a fuel tank with it.

Edited by DrakRocket
Added image of issue.