[1.12.x] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - [2.14.3] [4th March 2023]

sarbian

4 minutes ago, Brigadier said:

Unless you're keeping the toolbar visible all the time, why not just use the MJ drop-down?  I hide my toolbar against an edge so, for me, putting MJ buttons on it would be redundant.  YMMV.

Yes, this is definitelly YMMV kind of thing. It depends on what you want and how you do things. Admitedly I'm in the process of figuring out my KSP GUI layout, so things are pretty much in constant flux.

What does not change is I'm constantly running out of space to put all the information on my screen and still be able to control my crafts. Currently I'm solving this by toggling MJ windows depending on situation.

Yes I could use MJ drop-down list for that, but: The tick fields are small and there is many of them (specially when you add custom windows), most of which I do not need. Plus the menu is sliding in and out, which takes time.

Instead I have created multiple custom toolbars (size, position, shown depending on scene I'm in), sometimes containing just one button to quickly toggle certain windows on and off with single click. That is why I mentioned it in my reply to @chd

I tried to figure out why my FPS was low, i found two mods affecting performance badly, Rockets Sound Enchanment ant Mechjeb 2 (unfrotunately 20-30% hit)

Could it be possible to optimize mechjeb on situations when you actually need it, rather than slowing game constantly? I Tried shutting down mechjeb controllers on ships but it did't affect. Only removing mod helped.

There is couple modules i would need, there is lot of things surely which each capacity for nothing now.

On 1/26/2021 at 4:21 AM, viperwolf said:

maneuver planner  Hohmann Transfer

intercept only vs simple coplanar vs neither?

Simple coplanar if you do large DV burn for moons and fix ascention later.  

But at low DV burn i don't use each of them to save time.

Intercept only doesn't seem to do anything.

8 hours ago, Jeq said:

Simple coplanar if you do large DV burn for moons and fix ascention later.  

But at low DV burn i don't use each of them to save time.

Intercept only doesn't seem to do anything.

My interpretation (which I grant could be wrong) of intercept only is that it optimizes to intercept the target without taking into account the delta-v that would be needed to rendezvous. So you might get a smaller delta-v for the first burn at the cost of larger delta-v at the end. If you aren't going to do that end burn, then it saves a little. Probably not a lot of difference in most cases.

2 minutes ago, rmaine said:

My interpretation (which I grant could be wrong) of intercept only is that it optimizes to intercept the target without taking into account the delta-v that would be needed to rendezvous. So you might get a smaller delta-v for the first burn at the cost of larger delta-v at the end. If you aren't going to do that end burn, then it saves a little. Probably not a lot of difference in most cases.

Thank You aswell !!

What does it mean :"Uncaught exception (ArgumentOutOfRangeException):index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index"

It appear when I use the Primer Vector Guidance, and Mechjeb doesn't take control of my vessel

I am having an issue with oscillations. Usually it happens during certain stages of launch (different stages for different LV, some don't have any at all). Recently it happened during docking which lead to the RCS supply being burned through very quickly as all the RCS is firing all the time. 

I have a couple of videos here

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dm9r9p1mjxs21hj/AABzp_CWLxzGTE2S6poVjVJ0a?dl=0

3 hours ago, Cdodders said:

I am having an issue with oscillations. Usually it happens during certain stages of launch (different stages for different LV, some don't have any at all). Recently it happened during docking which lead to the RCS supply being burned through very quickly as all the RCS is firing all the time. 

I have a couple of videos here

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dm9r9p1mjxs21hj/AABzp_CWLxzGTE2S6poVjVJ0a?dl=0

Same problem.
Even by activating any function of smart A.S.S. there is a loss of electricity and monoprop coupled with an annoying wobble. I have noticed this problem since the release of build 2.12.0.0-1039.
2.12.0.0-1038 also works correctly on 1.11.1.

1 hour ago, vagabond77 said:

I have noticed this problem since the release of build 2.12.0.0-1039.
2.12.0.0-1038 also works correctly on 1.11.1.

Are you referring to the dev builds? There don't seem to be any code changes between #1038 and #1039. The first change appears in #1042, fixing the control point direction.
https://ksp.sarbian.com/jenkins/job/MechJeb2-Dev/changes

I haven't unlocked ascent guidance in my 2021 career save, yet. I'll check what happens to my rockets.

3 minutes ago, HansAcker said:

Are you referring to the dev builds? There don't seem to be any code changes between #1038 and #1039. The first change appears in #1042, fixing the control point direction.
https://ksp.sarbian.com/jenkins/job/MechJeb2-Dev/changes

I haven't unlocked ascent guidance in my 2021 career save, yet. I'll check what happens to my rockets.

Now I'm in front of the pc, I do a quick confirmation test and I tell you.

Yes indeed the vibration depends a lot on the structure of the ship, from the tests I had done the last few days I had not noticed it.
For complex structures such as space stations it takes some time to find the right combination of (Auto-) struts to avoid crazy electricity or RCS consumption.

Thanks.

On 1/11/2017 at 1:49 PM, sarbian said:

No logs => No support. If you can not find the time to provide the info I need to diagnose your problem do not expect I will find the time to reply to your post.

(The thread was lost after an incident on the forum. The really old thread from even before is is here)

Anatid Robotics and Multiversal Mechatronics proudly presents the first flight assistant autopilot: MechJeb

I would like to thank CardBoardBoxProcessor and Keptin for their amazing MechJeb models.

Sarbian is the current maintainer.

mj2.1_release.png

Current version: 2.12.0

• Landing AP fixes and improvements
  • Plane landing AP fixes and improvements
  • Rover AP fixes and improvements
  • Updated Chinese loc

• Compact UI now the default
  • Spanish translation
  • Russian  translation
  • Updated Chinese translation
  • Principia node execution (WIP)
  • Many PVG updates
  • Plane Landing and autopilot improvements
  • Stuff I missed in the commit logs
  • Various fix and improvements

• Localization support with included Simplified Chinese Localization
  • Improved integrator and Brent's Method for maneuvers
  • Fix the ApR and SMA maneuvers
  • Support Multi-Node maneuvers
  • Various fixes and code improvements
  • Stuff I forgot

• ReflectionTypeLoadException will now list the DLLs that are the actual source of the exception in the log. 
  • tinygrox on GithUb took on the huge work required to add localization to MJ. People who want to translate MJ should have a look at this file
  • The DeltaV window now has buttons to hide the empty stages and switch between s and dhms for burn time

• Built for KSP 1.8 
  • Added "Land somewhere" and "Land target" KSP Action
  • Improvements for remote vessel control
  • Overhaul of bi-impulsive transfer planner
  • Improvements for PVG ascent
  • Porkchop plot can now be translated with WASD and arrow keys
  • Unlock all MJ techs by creating a MechJebUnlocked folder in GameData
  • And a bunch of fix. See here for details

• Built for KSP 1.7 

• fix for launch-to-plane
  • PVG stabilization fixes
  • Fix xenon delta V

• Primer Vector Guidance
  • bring back simple coplanar transfer option
  • make the hybrid controller the default controller 
  • Incorporate "MechJebAndEngineerForAll" style functionality
  • adding ∆v display to flight recorder
  • add steering/drag/gravity loss to flight recorder
  • Add Apoapsis and Periapsis to scripting conditions
  • Fixes

• Change the "Online Manual" link to the github wiki since the old site is gone
  • Updated the landing sites list with the one from @El Sancho
  • Improved the landing sim precision (aka "write code with both eyes opened")
  • A bunch of small fixes

• Fix the fuels sim in the editor with surface attached decouplers...

• Fix for the engine plate autostagging
  • Fix for the scripting module SAS controls
  • Fix the MOI code to handle "control from here" properly. Should help with Docking

• KSP 1.4.1
  • auto-deploy antennas
  • Plane landing improvements
  • Rover AP fix
  • bugs fix

• New launch profiles selection, including one that is the classic "KSP ascent", a "PEG" clone for RSS and the classic MJ profile
  • Scripting module Update with new features (you ll have too look)
  • New spaceplane landing AP
  • A rework of the advanced transfer code
  • A lot of FuelSim (dV) fix
  • Better FAR integration
  • A bunch of fix and UI improvement

• Compatibility with KSP 1.3
  • Fix and improvement for the transfer calculator
  • Specific orbital energy, potential energy, and kinetic energy Orbit Info items added
  • Ascent AP improved circularization burn inclination error
  • Ullage/RO improvement
  • Remove a large recurrent allocation that froze the game every few seconds  from some
  • Flight recorder UI improvement and export
  • Plenty of fixes
  • Thanks to all contributors

• Compatibility for KSP 1.2.2
  • Scripting module by @SPD13
  • Auto RCS Ullage for RO by Lamont (whose name here I forgot..)
  • Option to move the menu on any side of the screen
  • A bunch of fixes and minor features 
  • stuff I most likely forgot about

• Compatibility for KSP 1.1.3
  • Add ‘At the highest AN/DN’ and ‘At the nearest AN/DN’ time selectors for inclination and plane maneuvers.
  • Add a setting for the node executor lead time
  • Custom Windows new Overlay mode
  • MJ Pod disabled since it does not work properly with the current leg code
  • FAR compatibility included
  • lots of fix

• Stuff
  • More stuff

• Launch Inclination improvement
  • Improvement of the Landing Sim
  • Predicted Trajectory overlay in the flight view (in Landing AP window)
  • Ascent AP Fairings autodeploy with support for Procedural Fairings
  • RSS Mode swtich in the settings windows. For now it prevents engine shutdown when disabling the ascent AP
  • Greatly lowered memory garbage generated. May improve frame rate on some PC
  • A lot of bug fix

• Flight Recorder Graph module
  • Education mode option (rename SmartASS to SmartACS)  see MM patch here https://raw.githubusercontent.com/MuMech/MechJeb2/master/MechJebEdu.cfg
  • Improvement to the Attitude control
  • Dynamic Pressure limiter to replace the now useless terminal velocity
  • Attitude control speed limiter to save some RCS
  • Add "periapsis in target SoI" InfoItems 
  • Add "minimum DV required for capture by target" InfoItems 
  • Add "Docking guidance: Angular velocity" infoitem
  • Add electric throttle limiter to avoid empty batteries on ion powered craft

• 1.1 release. Be aware that the Pod leg are not working and will generate fantom force
  • Other stuff but I don't have time to write the change log atm

Download 2.12.0 for KSP 1.11.x

Download 2.11.0 for KSP 1.10.x

Download 2.9.2 for KSP 1.8.x and 1.9.x

Download 2.8.4 for KSP 1.7.x

Download 2.8.3 for KSP 1.6.x

Download 2.7.4 for KSP 1.4.1

Download 2.7.0 for KSP 1.3

Download 2.6.0 or Dev #698 for KSP 1.2.2

Source code available here. LGPL3 license for MechJeb code. MIT for SmoothFoundations & UnityToolbag

You can also get the latest dev builds here.

Usage instructions:

Use the button on the right side of the screen to access MechJeb window selection interface, and click on the buttons to activate the windows. The windows can be dragged anywhere on screen, and their position is saved and reused among all rockets.

Manual

Useful links and companions mods

• Manual
  • MechJeb for All or MechJeb Embedded Universal to add MechJeb to all the probe and command module and use it without the parts. Also allow to unlock all MechJeb features from the start in career mode
  • Small MechJeb touchscreen case an alternative model for the part
  • An other model
  • A video from speedio explaining the basic operations you can do with it (outdated but still useful):
  • Another video, this one by tncm for AR202, but still very useful:
  • Adding "eduMode = true" to the module will rename the SmartASS to SmartACS. You can use this Module Manager patch to do it.

How to Install

Manual install : unzip the zip in KSP GameData directory. You should have something that looks like that :

• KSP
    • GameData
      • MechJeb2
        • Icons
        • Parts
        • Plugins

CKAN has all the release of MechJeb.

If you want the dev version of MechJeb then :

• open CKAN settings (Settings => CKAN Settings)
  • press the New button
  • select the MechJeb-dev line, click OK and exit the options.
  • refresh
  • select "Mechjeb2 - DEV RELEASE" in the list and then "Go to Change" to install

Common problems

• The MechJeb menu is not showing. First make sure you have the part on your ship (AR202 case in the Control section). Some windows protection and anti-virus can sometimes block KSP from loading MechJeb. You should install KSP outside the C:\Program Files (x86) directory. Steam has an option to change the install directory of a game or you can just copy the directory somewhere else.
  • Some function are not present in career. Some function require to unlock some specific node in the Research and Development tree. Some other also require to upgrade the tracking station to level 2 (Game code restriction we can't do much about)

Bugs

There is two version of MechJeb available

• The main version that we release once or twice per KSP version
  • The dev version that gets a a couple or release per month, week or even days. It may also have more bugs than the main version since new features are added

The dev release gets all the new features and bugs fix and the main version gets them when a new KSP version is released (or major bugs requires it). If you experience a bug the first thing I advise is to try the dev release. You can read the change log of the dev release here.

If your bugs don't seems to be fixed then please open a new ticket on the project tracker. Don't forget to include a link to your log (see here to find it and how to share it) and the version of Mechjeb you where using (shown in MechJeb Menu).

Please send Suggestions/Bug reports here: https://github.com/MuMech/MechJeb2/issues

There's a weird bug at the moment which causes an infinite loading screen, specifically with the Breaking Ground expansion where it says "Verifying Breaking Ground/Serenity".

Can you fix it?

31 minutes ago, Spran said:

Can you fix it?

I will not fix anything before getting a log of the problem. As stated in the first line of the post you quoted.

Edited by sarbian

18 hours ago, sarbian said:

I will not fix anything before getting a log of the problem. As stated in the first line of the post you quoted.

Sorry about that, how do I make a log if I can't load into the game?

On 2/3/2021 at 12:49 PM, Spran said:

Kerbal Space Program - logs locations:

In your user appdata folder:
%HOMEDRIVE%\Users\%username%\AppData\LocalLow\SQUAD\Kerbal Space Program\
(ex. C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\LocalLow\SQUAD\Kerbal Space Program\ )
Files: Player.log and Player-prev.log

In your game installation folder:
c:\Games\Kerbal Space Program\
c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\
Files: KSP.log

These log files can be opened in text editors like Notepad/Notepad++/Word.

Upload them to some filesharing site (onedrive, google drive, fileshare etc.) and post the links here.

Edited by ronillon
typo

1 hour ago, Spran said:

Sarbian replied with your answer ;)

19 hours ago, sarbian said:

As stated in the first line of the post you quoted.

Its the first line of your quote from the 1st page (the "logs" link):
"No logs => No support. "

I'm trying to post log files here per above (I'm having the same infinite loop on loading) but keep getting this message when I hit submit:

This page isn’t working
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com is currently unable to handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500

Is this because I'm new -- less than 5 posts -- or that I'm doing something else wrong?

22 minutes ago, GregSeventy7 said:

s this because I'm new -- less than 5 posts

Nope.   That has nothing to do with being new.

23 minutes ago, GregSeventy7 said:

I'm doing something else wrong?

Are you posting the logs to an outside hosting service and linking here, or are you posting the raw logs?   Huge log files can cause issues with the forums on some platforms.   Make sure you use something like dropbox or google drive and then post the link here. 

@GregSeventy7 are you on Firefox?... did it just update in past few days for you? I ask, becuase my FF updated to v85.0, and since then, when I clcik my forum bookkmark, it goes to an HTTPS warning, before I can click "Continue" button to load the forums. I guess FF just recently added an HTTPS-Only Mode, that if enabled, doesnt let you go directly to a non-HTTPS page without a warning... which, for some reason is happening to me, even tho the forums *look* lie they already ARE, HTTPS.... vOv

If that seems like it could be your issue, reply to my thread about it, instead of cluttering up here with what would be an off-topic reply ;)

Edited by Stone Blue

Thanks to you both.  Here's some links to my log-copies in OneDrive, posted from Chrome:

If there's anything else I can do to help, let me know.   Thanks again all.