[1.12.x] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - [2.14.3] [4th March 2023]

sarbian

Hopefully a simple question: is there a way I can change the units and precision of various figures? I'd like Universal time in seconds, for example, or at least in Kerbin time format instead of Earth. Mean anomaly and LAN in decimal instead of degrees/hours/minutes, extra decimal places for everything, etc.

Edited by Jodo42

On 2/27/2021 at 7:39 PM, kretze said:

It is not possible to add individual runways. i want to do this because i play with rss & rp-1 and only want to use the runways of the used locations.

It should work if you add them in a new cfg with the same format as LandingSites.cfg. Tell me if it does not

2 hours ago, Jodo42 said:

Hopefully a simple question: is there a way I can change the units and precision of various figures? I'd like Universal time in seconds, for example, or at least in Kerbin time format instead of Earth. Mean anomaly and LAN in decimal instead of degrees/hours/minutes, extra decimal places for everything, etc

There is no way of doing that currently.

12 hours ago, sarbian said:

It should work if you add them in a new cfg with the same format as LandingSites.cfg. Tell me if it does not

Tested with clean KSP install and only Patchmanager + last Mechjeb2 stable Version (via CKAN)

same problem...  Aircraft Approach & Autoland only shows hardcoded runways.

https://imgur.com/a/pPtfNdZ

LandingSites.cfg

Spoiler

MechJeb2Landing
{
	LandingSites
	{	
		Site
		{
			name = KSC Pad
			latitude = -0.09694444
			longitude = -74.5575
			// body = "Kerbin" // if not set defaults to the starting world (Kerbin, Earth for RSS)
		}
	}
	Runways
	{
		Runway	
		{
			name = Test Runway
			body = "Kerbin"
			touchdown = 180.0
			start
			{
				latitude = 15.0485981
				longitude = -76.726413
				altitude = 140
			}
			end
			{
				latitude = 15.050185
				longitude = -76.490867
				altitude = 140
			}
		}
	}
}

from ModuleManager.ConfigCache

Spoiler

UrlConfig
{
	parentUrl = MechJeb2/LandingSites.cfg
	MechJeb2Landing
	{
		LandingSites
		{
			Site
			{
				name = KSC Pad
				latitude = -0.09694444
				longitude = -74.5575
			}
		}
		Runways
		{
			Runway
			{
				name = Test Runway
				body = "Kerbin"
				touchdown = 180.0
				start
				{
					latitude = 15.0485981
					longitude = -76.726413
					altitude = 140
				}
				end
				{
					latitude = 15.050185
					longitude = -76.490867
					altitude = 140
				}
			}
		}
	}
}

Edited by kretze

Mechjeb has completely disappeared in my career save.  Its not on the screen, its button is gone, not there in flight.  However if I load a new (empty) build its not there but when I grab a command pod, it pops up. Same thing if I go to my Station, which has a MechJeb module. But on my currently flying ship, it doesnt show up, although I previously used MJ's Ascent Guidance to launch it up there. I do note that I dont have the option to enable or disable MJ on the Mk1-3, its as if it got ripped out or was never there.  I checked the .sfs file and there is a MechJebCore on the command modle.

I saw a couple of old messages from November 2018 when I searched this forum thread, and I deleted the .cfg as Sarbian suggested back then, but it didnt work at all.  I tried uninstalling, starting the game (even starting a new game), then exiting, the reinstalling and trying again, and its still gone.  

Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, how did you fix it  before I go and do all the bug reporting stuff and bother Sarbian for what looks to be a one-off oddity?

Edited by Murdabenne
more info

10 hours ago, Murdabenne said:

Mechjeb has completely disappeared in my career save.  Its not on the screen, its button is gone, not there in flight.  However if I load a new (empty) build its not there but when I grab a command pod, it pops up. Same thing if I go to my Station, which has a MechJeb module. But on my currently flying ship, it doesnt show up, although I previously used MJ's Ascent Guidance to launch it up there. I do note that I dont have the option to enable or disable MJ on the Mk1-3, its as if it got ripped out or was never there.  I checked the .sfs file and there is a MechJebCore on the command modle.

I saw a couple of old messages from November 2018 when I searched this forum thread, and I deleted the .cfg as Sarbian suggested back then, but it didnt work at all.  I tried uninstalling, starting the game (even starting a new game), then exiting, the reinstalling and trying again, and its still gone.  

Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, how did you fix it  before I go and do all the bug reporting stuff and bother Sarbian for what looks to be a one-off oddity?

Do you have MechJeb parts on those ships? If not, that may explain it. An alternative: MechJeb for All. Perhaps you had MechJeb for All's config installed previously and deleted it.

4 minutes ago, VoidSquid said:

Take a look here:

Unfortunately the relevant section is "TODO"

11 minutes ago, VMQ said:

Can someone point me to an explanation what the Altitude and Velocity sliders exactly do in the Ascent Path Editor? See picture below, I have a the "Automatic Altitude Turn" setting on.

The sentence under the slider describe exactly what the sliders do. "Turn starts when Altitude is 4.1km or velocity reach infinity m/s". The rocket will go straight up until it reaches an altitude of 4.1km. Which is no efficient at all on a world without an atmosphere.

Indeed, I didn't notice that, but on Kerbin the sliders have an effect, as expected they change the values in the sentence: "Turn start when Altitude is x.x km or Velocity reach y m/s"

But on Minmus there is no efect:

Wzvf71M.jpg  Jk8Xc06.jpg

Note the sliders and the values.

It works on Kerbin:

b6RgfxO.jpg

8 minutes ago, VMQ said:

But on Minmus there is no efect

I checked the code. When the "Automatic Altitude turn" check box is active then:

• With an atmosphere it turns at the percentage of the atmosphere height configured by the slider.  At 100% it will be when reaching vacuum
  • Without an atmosphere it turn at the starting alt + 25.

You are landed at 4096m  so a 4.1km starts makes sense.

If you want to set the value yourself you can uncheck "Automatic Altitude turn".

1 minute ago, sarbian said:

I checked the code. When the "Automatic Altitude turn" check box is active then:

• With an atmosphere it turns at the percentage of the atmosphere height configured by the slider.  At 100% it will be when reaching vacuum
  • Without an atmosphere it turn at the starting alt + 25.

You are landed at 4096m  so a 4.1km starts makes sense.

If you want to set the value yourself you can uncheck "Automatic Altitude turn".

Cool, thanks!

22 hours ago, AccidentalDisassembly said:

Do you have MechJeb parts on those ships? If not, that may explain it. An alternative: MechJeb for All. Perhaps you had MechJeb for All's config installed previously and deleted it.

I checked the save file, and the ship has the module in it.

I started by checking the logs, and of course there were no real errors about MJ - mainly warnings about parts and resources that do not exist (for mods I do not have them installed apparently).  About the only thing I found in the logs were repeated errors from DeepFreezeContinued and from Background Resources (the latter is an option support add for the former), so I removed them.   Still got the missing MJ problem.  I may add DeepFreeze back once I go past Duna because I use USI including USI-LS, and if I want to send Kerbals to Plock (I use OPM) , DF becomes nearly mandatory so my Kerbals on board don't die of boredom or starvation.

There are a handful of mod authors whose stuff I trust implicitly due to experience, and @sarbian is one of them. Also, MJ is fairly stable and very widely used,  so any defect it might have will show up quickly and loudly.  There dont appear to be anyone other than me with this issue right now, so I have a feeling that it is something unique to my setup.  My thought is that it is another app/mod causing the issue due to something like a memory leak or some other indirect issue.    So I started deleting the most recently added mods that might interact peripherally with MJ (stuff that affects nav etc and the display of things), and after I took out Precise Maneuver everything started working again.   I have a feeling it is some combination of mods that conflict and mask each other since I have so many (100+) mods running.  Therefore I don't believe the solution is as simple as saying  Precision Maneuver was the problem.  That being said, I can live without it (and there are alternatives if I want them).   If it happens again I'll try to figure out how to replicate it and make a full logs+ bug report.

Anyway, problem resolved although not exactly solved.

Edited by Murdabenne
Correction

3 hours ago, Murdabenne said:

DeepFreeze back once I go past Duna because I use USI including USI-LS, and if I want to send Kerbals to Plock (I use OPM) , DF becomes nearly mandatory

FYI, RoverDude is probably going to include a USI-native suspended animation mechanism in an upcoming USI MKS/LS update.  He's already built the parts and done some testing, so look for it soonTM.

On 2/15/2021 at 6:10 AM, Marxon said:

I'm also getting issues with the transfer function failing to work properly, as it keeps recalculating the maneuver going up and down up and down in the dv and just... maybe the log will make sense:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/527016168171634690/810709380156489738/KSP.log

Same here, I guess there was some update which made Advanced Transfer work online instead of requiring to press Reset button each time. As a result it is constantly updating the Porkchop Plot with current orbit and also using post-maneuver orbit as starting point of calculation, and when I continuously change the maneuver, it continuously updates the plot. As a result it became very CPU-intensive and produces errors.  I set 1000 m/s transfer, press Create Node and it gives me 4000 m/s in random direction.

I haven't yet tried older versions, though, so maybe there is something else.

Edited by desert

I'm have issues with wobble and the only fix I can find in the forums is to go to attitude adjustment and tick use stock SAS. witch doesn't seem to exist anymore.

i think i fixed it by switching to MJattitudcontroller and setting deadband to 0.01, but thats causing issues with ascent guidance. I have no idea what any of this stuff means means so i could use a little help.

Edited by zakkpaz

Hi,

i have a new Macbook Air M1 with a CrossOver installed GOG version KSP 1.11.1.3066 technically on win10 64bit (bottle). Works fine! Really.

I want to use the last MechJeb2 mod, but there is no visible text in the box... it is working, I can fly with it, but I don't know, which button need to push... 

Previously on my old Asus laptop pc worked, I used to fly to Mun... etc.

Help!

log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1I_iZcNJdIXIvBTQDM0236iTRndcSt8ch/view?usp=sharing

update: i installed ttf-ms-fonts, but didn't helped. The problem is the same on KSP 1.7.1 + MJ 2.8.2

JgsFztc.png

Edited by Professor DonHotep

Hello, I am attempting to use PVG guidance, but it's generating an exception when autopilot is engaged. Below is an image and a log file.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1BECHm--2gkvv3iHYUdeU_zVV1XcEhjfH?usp=sharing

I get this same error on an earlier release version of MJ, but this is the MJ dev build - was hoping it might behave differently. This is also in a heavily modded install, where MJ is not the only dev branch, so the log has lots of other exceptions too. But the MJ error is pretty well isolated, looked like to me. The other ascent modes work fine - only PVG goes kaboom.

Also, have been warned about planet size issues with PVG. This is KSRSS scaled to 2.5x.

Thank you for any suggestions on how to proceed!

Spoiler

rotKNYP.png

oMJPhZk.png

Edited by OrbitalManeuvers
added 2nd

On 3/1/2021 at 5:45 PM, kretze said:

yes, that's it.   thanks for the quick troubleshooting and help.

https://imgur.com/a/x86eLC7

Congratulations! I remember when I was working with the LandingSites.cfg file, and it gave me fits

I keep telling myself that I'll go back and add landing sites for all the flats on Minmus, as I added the one for Greater Flats, and remove Negan's Place, but it's been two and a half years and I still haven't gotten around to it.

The thing I continue to note about landing on Minmus is that if you start from a high orbit, say 250-300km, the Landing Guidance module is bullseye accurate. But if you start from a low orbit, it can be off by 200 meters or so.

Edited by El Sancho